Who has mastered another sport other than Tenpin Bowling???

Muels1

The Chosen One
Question - Who has mastered another sport other than Tenpin Bowling???

We all know how hard it is to bowl a 300 game (most times LOL) but who out there has mastered another sport. Or better still who has mastered bowling and another sport. A mate of mine bowled his first 300 last night at Werribee which was a great achievement but about 12 months ago he also hit a HOLE IN ONE in golf. I know of another bloke that has done that but is there anyone else that has bowled 300 and achieved the pinnacle in another sport or even in golf????

Kelvin

Re: Question - Who has mastered another sport other than Tenpin Bowling???

Nice topic Kelvin!!!

I wouldnt exactly say I mastered any sport, but I did win a couple of flags in Aussie rules, (1 BOG in 1 years G/F) as well as a bit of sucess with cricket, tennis, volleyball, indoor cricket and badminton....

Anyone else?

Yeh, i won the 2000 Victorian Hillclimb Champion for Club Cars. Which is no easy task, I had an under 2ltr car and took out the championship overall beating the turbos and V8's.

Well, i wouldnt really call it a MAJOR achievement, but i hit a home run in a baseball semi final in the under 15's, we ended up losing that match by 1 run

I holed in one at Putt Putt. Does that count?

Later Da Cowman!

Mastered??..You can never master any sport!

I've been fortunate in that I've had a number of 300 games as well as a golfing hole in one. I can honestly say that the hole in one was pure luck, cos I'm really a c r a p p y golfer.

As for the bowling, a few of my 300s were earned but most of them were the work of the lane man. I suspect that in today's environment, there are an even lower percentage of 300s that are truly earned. Look at the Totalbowling boards and you'll see that 300s are being bowled in alarming numbers these days. It's still a nice accomplishment but almost meaningless in the history books of this sport.

Hey,

I'm not too positive on the actual acheivement, but Jason Douglas in his Junior days won a national title in kickboxing or something and in the same year came runner-up at the national junior masters.. If anybody could confirm I beleive this accomplishment could well be at the top of the list!

Cheers
Slats

well i havent masterd bowling as yet...
but back in the day i used to hold the ACT records for: 100mtrs (10yrs,11yrs,12yrs)
200mtrs(11yrs,13yrs)
high jump(12yrs)

i dont know if any of them are still there but i held them for a few yrs.

not rly mastered but my team won ACT under 11s n under 12s indoor soccer finals consecutively

I would hardly call having a hole in one 'mastering' golf, and yes, I've had one. Mark a one on the card and go to the next hole.

Haven't 'mastered' bowling yet either ..

Haven't mastered any, but had moderate success in some over the years. Best & Fairest for Campbelltown Magill United under 18,s in 1979. Played "A" grade Table Tennis for many years. Still trying to figure out Tenpin Bowling.

i wouldnt say i have mastered it but i am pretty good at indoor cricket and indoor soccer.

Leigh

Yes it hard to master another sport i have made the under18 indoor and 21 indoor team for Vic and made the australian squad for indoor last yr which is really good made a few hockey grand final haven't one 1 of them made a footy ones aswell won 2 under 10 and 12 and VIS athletics still the team and thats all i can think of right now.
Chris

I've had a couple of rounds of golf - and scored a couple of holes-in-one. Pity the holes I hit were the large ponds, and not the little white holes in the middle of the green bits.](*,)

Now if I could get that much hook with a bowling ball instead of a golf ball (even though it is reverse hook), and hit a golf ball as straight as I throw a bowling ball, I just might be good - at both sports.

David.

In Lawn Bowls I have played Premier League(the highest Melbourne metro Division) and Division 1, have also won a Club Championship Singles and Fours.

Still working on Tenpin Bowling after 30 plus years, working towards 200 plus average for a season.

Not easy to combine the two sports, since the hand and arm movements are similar in some respects but VERY different in others.

By the way, I have always thought that Golf ruins a nice walk.

Later
Sumo

Congratulations, but a 300 game is not mastery. It's a good day out and a great memory. Tomorrow you can still bowl 140. (I once saw a guy bowl 291!) You'll never master bowling. That is the beauty of it. Revel in the endless challenge.
To claim mastery is to claim there is no more to learn. It's like shutting your eyes to the endless possibilities out there. Who *really* (be honest) understands the physics of assymetric masses in rotation on a variable friction surface constantly interacting to produce reduced velocity as it is transferred into increased acceleration/force/angular momentum? And that's just the interaction of ball on lane before we even begin to talk about actually throwing the damn thing. There really have been PhD's written in the subject.
I know plenty of bowlers who went off and got themselves educations. Equally worthy of credit as gaining competency in another sport.

I am yet to accomplish the 300 in bowling, but when I did tae kwon-do I became a black belt when I was 12 and I placed in the top 3 in many VIC titles and Australian Titles in my 8 years of the sport..

I'm pretty sure Dion Alexander was the U15/U16 State champion in Squash.

Correct me if I'm wrong Dion.

Matt

yeh man i got a hole in one at a chip n putt par 3.
it was the most awesome thing u have ever seen... i whacked it along the ground and it hit a stick then got onto the green and hit a rock and rolled into the hole
i call it the rock of god...

bye bye

Andrew Phillips (Androoo) my son, who will be very upset for me talking about him like this, but has also bowled a 300 and has had a hole in one in golf (at age 13).

Certainly a hole in one in golf is a great achievement. The odds of it happening used to be about the same as bowling a perfect game, but with recent developments in bowling ball technology the hole in one has lengthened in odds I believe.

Andrew has played in state golf representative teams as a junior, colt and senior and was leading amateur in the Tasmanian Open on several occasions. Probably his greatest achievement was to set a course record of 64 at the Tasmania Golf Club, which is regarded by many as the hardest course in Tasmania. This is a course that many of the great players produced by Australia have played including Greg Norman, Ian Baker-Finch, Stuart Appelby, Brett Ogle, Roger Davis and Wayne Grady but none ever recorded better than the 64 by Andrew.

That's enough of this dad's bragging.

John Phillips

Back
Top Bottom