Which Centre to choose?`

I agree Dandenong is really tough.

nearly saw 3 x 300's last thursday....so tough only 1 was achieved.;)

no you don't - does that make it a tough centre?

I however wouldn't put it at the other end of the scale.

no you don't - does that make it a tough centre?

I however wouldn't put it at the other end of the scale.

Its not at other end of the scale with Chadstone but it definitely isnt up there with Boronia or Keon Park

It has its easy pairs and it has its tough pairs

Its not at other end of the scale with Chadstone but it definitely isnt up there with Boronia or Keon Park

It has its easy pairs and it has its tough pairs

Hardly any tough centres out there.
Not defending either centre, but Keon and Boronia have more league bowlers increasing the possibility of 300s. Don't bowl in any of the houses mentioned so can't say whether one is easier than the other. The likelihood is that they are probably comparable.

If you want a challenge, you have to find places that are willing to lay down tough conditions for you away from league.

Centres have every right to put a condition down that maximises their ability to keep the bowlers wanting to continue to bowl there. Now unfortunately this commercial reality compounds the problem we have of regaining the credibility of the game as a legitimate sport. There are a number of other factors that hinder the acceptance of bowling as a sport. The symmetry of the pins allowing what the bowler and most watching know was an errant shot yet still affording the bowler the maximum result of a strike (as in cross over hits). The apparent lack of skill level in the youth ranks when it comes to sparing. The current prohibitive costs for the novice tournament bowler to be competitive (practice game rates, equipment costs, also time factor). The ease of which the pins lay down at the mercy of the reactive balls. The easy kickbacks producing bullet like messengers for even the novice player. Our sport is seriously crying out for someone in the industry to stand up and be counted. Unfortunately it is probably not going to happen overnight and likely not even happen in the foreseeable future.

It doesn't bother me if a centre is a ditch or not. Quite frankly I've never really bowled on a ditch for league. All the centres I've bowled over the years have been "fair" or low scoring.

I currently bowl in a centre where members of the state team and people who have represented Australia average 185-190. The centre high average is 192.

I don't really care for ditches, but if the closest centre to where I move is a ditch. So be it.

All I want is a centre with lanes that are in top condition, consistent lane patterns, pin setters that don't break down every few shots. Because I've just spent the last 4 years bowling on the complete opposite.

Back
Top Bottom