Where was the Tenpin Bowling show

Nev,

That thread is a couple of years old. Things change.

You also remarked in a very snide way

Good to see the Tenpin Bowling show doing it for the sport.[\QUOTE]

AMF decided to withdraw their support for the show and withdrew from the ABPA. As APBA and Goldpin are the major sponsors of the show, how do you think they would feel about free exposure for AMF? Given what you have posted in this thread, there is no point trying to back pedal now. You have nailed your colours to the flag pole and shown yourself to be extremely ungrateful for the dedication and financial sacrifice that the Drexel family has shown for the good of bowling in this country. Who else would have sold their house in order to finance the settng up of the show, the purchase of Digital cameras, editing software, the necessary computer hardware to perform said editing, tapes and initial travel and accomodation expenses.

Tony will probably tear me a new A**hole for telling everyone this but some people need to be made aware just what this family has, off their own bat, done for the sport in this country.

I hope Nev is now prepared to retract the snide remarks he has made about the show.

Bit silly mate, they aren't going to publicize AMF for free. If AMF won't support them, why should they publicize anything to do with AMF? Just free advertising for AMF in the end. annnnd, covering tournaments costs money, money which sponsors would provide partially I assume.

Isnt that what I said.

And we will all be on our A**E when the industry falls in a heap

If you hadnt noticed bowling has been dragging its A**E on the ground for quite a few years now.
Why bag the only show at the moment that is trying to lift the profile of the sport on TV.

Your response to Michael was:

I was mealy asking WHY

Did see any question asking WHY.

Your 1st post was:

Good to see the Ten Pin Bowling show doing it for the sport !!!!!!

And by not filming a major event is doing this????

So lets get this straight:-

You wanted the AO taped.
Against the request of the current sponsors.
The current sponsors withdraw there sponsorship because you ignored there request.
No sponsorship = no show
Jeapodise the future of the filming of future tournaments for the sake of 1 tournament.

and why is the A**E falling out of bowling. Gee Nev25 for TBA Ceo

Hey Nev,

Usually you have educated and well informed posts, and I thank you for that.

This time however, you have made an honest mistake. Tony and his crew seem to be the best thing that has happened to tenpin bowling in the last 10 years. Off his own bat paying the cash to get the equipment needed to broadcast tenpin bowling.

Then we add in his time donated to do filming and editing all of which has forced him personally to stop even bowling league due to only 24 hours available a day.

Call a spade a spade, and apoligise this time. Unfortunately those at fault this time are AMF for pulling out of ABPA and NOT supporting pretty much the only thing going for bowling at the moment.

Cheers mate.

I agree with some of what you have said Brenton…But not all...

I know you are passionate about the show and i respect that also...

But one thing I don’t fully agree with is that financial sacrifice that the Drexel family has shown for the good of bowling in this country and or selling their house in order to finance the setting up of the show and the purchasing of Digital cameras, editing software, the necessary computer hardware to perform said editing, tapes and initial travel and accommodation expenses…

Now all this may very well be true, and has happened , but let’s face it… it didn’t happen so that they could better TEN PIN bowling… the way I see it is it happened as a BUSINESS DECISION…They decided there was a market for a bowling show in Australia and decided to start it off and run with it…Yes if it’s successful it helps better our sport, but at no stage did they decided to do this just for the good of bowling as you put it…People start off new businesses everyday mostly for the better lifestyle…

We all have to make sacrifices to start off NEW business ventures myself included, some risky and some not so risky…Selling your house, car, boat or use all your savings is just some of the sacrifices you make…

So if you’re telling me that the Drexel family did it for the “Good of Bowling” then I will just shake my head at that and agree to disagree with you…

So regardless of Nev’s thoughts on this or whether you or others agree with his opinion it doesn’t make it right or wrong…Like Tonx said, NEV usually you have educated and well informed posts, and I thank you for that also…

Forums are full of people with difference of opinions, as my is to yours…Nevs is to others…The sooner we all agree to disagree the better they all get along…

Let’s face it…this thread is no different to any another thread that finds someone to bash…

As for Total Bowling not advertising AMF or their events…That wasn’t our decision it was theirs…They asked us NOT TO advertise their events as they would run them on their own site, it’s not skin of TB nose, we don’t suffer one bit from not advertising AMF events…

I am guessing Tony has been asked to not film events in their centres either…

As for our sport struggling, I think there is a common denominator, I am sure we can all work out what that is…

I would like to know how AMF can support the show if they are in support of TBA, would that not be a conflict to be supporting a show that is sponsored by Goldpin and ABPA.
Also has AMF said you are not allowed to film the tournaments?
Why did they pull there support?
I'm sure we all would like to know all the facts before we go AMF bashing again as they are putting money into the masters, we need alot more facts to make a informed decision.

" Good to see the Tenpin Bowling Show doing it for the sport!!!!! "

It's all very well to point out that forums are places for differing opinions. Of course. However, when you make a statement, which turns out to have been the result of not knowing enough about the circumstances, you have a clear choice, say----woops, sorry folks, OR go to more and more extreme measures to try to justify the unjustifiable.

I, for one, feel comfortable in judging your character on which you finally choose.

Jase, Some people do actually allow altruistic considerations to feature in their business decisions. Probably fewer as the years advance ( that from personal observations over some period), but it still happens. A long time ago, few would have questioned it, and even fewer would have denied it.

I would like to know how AMF can support the show if they are in support of TBA, would that not be a conflict to be supporting a show that is sponsored by Goldpin and ABPA.
Also has AMF said you are not allowed to film the tournaments?
Why did they pull there support?
I'm sure we all would like to know all the facts before we go AMF bashing again as they are putting money into the masters, we need alot more facts to make a informed decision.

OK, I've read it quite a few times. I don't understand what you're saying or asking. Can you please find another way to explain. In particular, I don't get the AMF, TBA, Goldpin - ABPA connections.
I'm not having a go at you - I just don't understand what you're saying.

All I am saying is that in this tread it has been said that the bowling show cannot support AMF as hey don't sponsor the show but Goldpin and ABPA are not with TBA so how can AMF support that when they support TBA. I don't know how I can explain it any better.
I would like all the facts I have I am not judging or trying to start anything these are just the things in my mind I would like to know.

Mark,

APBA, Goldpin and AMF centres are all affiliated with the TBA.

AMF has severed it's affiliation with the APBA and the Tenpin Bowling Show. As a result the APBA and Goldpin have requested the Tenpin Bowling Show not film in AMF centres. Should this situation be reversed in the future, the Show would be only too happy to consider any requests from AMF to film tournaments in their centres.

Another aspect to this thread that has not been posted. At no stage has AMF or the centre in question requested that we film the AO finals. The show has progressed far beyond having to ask centres, companies or promters if we can film their events. We now have a number of centres and promoters requesting we film their events.

Jase,

Yes we can agree to disagree and I am fine with that. But I am a lot closer to the show than anyone else here and I have a pretty intimate knowledge of the origins and workings of the show.

As you say, we are all on a public forum and entitled to our opinions. My posts may have gone off the deep end a bit however, I will contine to defend the Drexels against ill-informed criticism.

I am sorry I didn't know Goldpin had anything to do with TBA so my bad for not knowing all the facts, I am sorry.
Thank you for clearing that up for me.
I hope Goldpin and ABPA can over look this for the Masters.

Hi Guys,
I wish to only reply to Jase's post.
Jase is a business man obviously with good business practices, whereas I am not because I did in this case let person feelings get it the way.
I don't like to talk about selling our house and using the proceeds to buy the equipment required for the show because it puts my wife into tears.
I have two full time jobs. One is the Bowling Show and the other which I have had for 17 years involves electronics which I like doing. I make a lot more money out of my electronics business than the Bowling Show, but I continue every week to sacrifice Monday's and Friday's as well as weekends and weeknights to sit for hours in front of my PC's editing shows which take around 10 to 12 hours per episode to do. I continue to put the Bowling Show in front of everything I do. My profitable business comes second, and very often my marriage and family as well. I keep saying to myself I must put more effort into my electronics business to save us from going broke, but I see it as a challenge each week to produce another show, hopefully better than the last, which will make the media sit up and take notice of Bowling as a sport, get it back on network TV and back into the olympics. I am the crazy one for spending the money on cameras and equipment instead of buying a house. For the first year of the show, we had NO sponsorship apart from one payment of $200 from AMF. We traveled each week to AMF Woodville, to film the night league and get it onto C31 Adelaide, with no hope of ever finding a sponsor just to pay for our expences. Going downhill fast, someone said "try Steve at Bridge Bowl, he might know someone who could help". Well he did know someone - it was Noel Ambler from the ABPA who flew down to South Australia, sat down with me, and the show was saved from financial ruin. Today, the ABPA continue to cover our expences when we travel around the country filming tournaments and a small amount to cover the many hours spent editing, adding graphics, scorecards, postage etc. I have for the past year made less than $200 from the sale of DVD's of the show.
If I was given the choice of starting the Bowling show again, the answer would probably be no. I can see it makes no sense to Jase what I have done and my family suffer because of my decisions but as is known, we all make choices in life, some good, some bad, but you live with it to the end.
We continue to live in a rented house, very old run down 1940's.
I am not looking for people to feel sorry. I want Bowling to be better and not turn out like squash did - almost a thing of the past.
I must get off this forum now, as running late for my next job.
Good health to all.
Tony.

I would hope that there may be some people on this thread, who may wish to take the opportunity to make some comments about their previous comments?

Back
Top Bottom