when to move

davet

davet
how many cold ten pins does anyone accept before they start to move inside a bit?

regards Dave T

I've always been taught to move forwards on the approach first before moving left or right, just to change the angle ever so slightly. Seems to work for me for half a game or so. After that I'm a changer after 3

Depends on the type of 10 pin you're leaving...

Ringing 10's... after maybe 3.. Might move deeper by 2-3 boards to lessen the entry angle.

Flat 10's... maybe the same, but worried to move, because if you are lined up pretty good, the occasional flat 10 usually means there's a five bagger just around the corner.

not sure about what type of ten pins Androo but frustrating leaving 4 or 5 a game sometimes but with strikes in the mix always reluctant to move.
thanks for the replies
Dave T

Depends on the type of 10s left, flat tens, means your ball is changing entry angle ever so slightly, this could be due to things like the breakpoint has shifted, the spot is either burnt out a little already or the oil has pushed down a little, personally if you are hitting the pocket flush, a 10 pin leave should never really occur, if you are leaving 10's regularly during a game, you need to make an adjustment, most definitely.

so true mick and andrew. i just prebowled for wed nite league as heading down finally for a nationals :)

1st game left 5 in a row after a double and was for me i think speed. just a little too quick and thru the breakpoint. changed ball, moved in deeper and swung it a bit more and couldnt miss. went 176, then 256 & 260 last 7 in last game.

i find for me as i am a stroker and generally like to play down and in, it is all speed pretty much for me. i will move slightly forward to knock a tick off and get a different roll on the ball. this usually soves the problem for my game.

hope this helps somewhat.

jase

Back
Top Bottom