The Passing of David Ness

Jase

Admin
Staff member
I really am in a state of shock.

I received a PM from a member of this site with the worst news possible on Saturday. A very good friend of the bowling community passed away on Friday at age 42.

It is with deep sense of sorrow and regret that i must announce the untimely passing of a mate of mine David Ness. Dave passed away Friday after collapsing to the ground suddenly. I met Dave soon after learning about Ten Pin Bowling, many years ago. He was a very good Tech at Milton Bowl at the time, and an outstanding competitive bowler to boot. We became team mates for quiet some time and from there we developed a great form of mate ship. He moved to WA a few years later with his wife Gaynor and Son Daniel. He moved back to his family home some 18 months ago. He bowled on a Friday nights at Strathpine with his 18 year old son, Daniel. He was averaging near the card there. He also has a 12 year old daughter still living in Perth.

Dave will be sadly missed by both his friends and colleagues from on and off the lanes. Many of you who had the privilege of knowing Dave, I am sure will retain pleasant memories of a personal nature and also of his many contributions to the game. Those of you who were lucky enough to have had met him, or associated with him both on and off the lanes would know that Dave always knew how to live life, he was genuinely kind, and a wonderful person, and always a spade was a spade with Dave.

Let us all join in sending heartfelt condolences to Dave’s entire family!

Attachments

• Dave04.jpg
    Dave04.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 44
Judy, Chris and I extend our most deepest sympathies to the Ness family. Sorry Jason, it was remiss of me not to tell you, his daughters name is Ashleigh. He had 2 older brothers and 2 older sisters.

He lived his life hard and had a great time doing it. I could write a best seller about the last 21 years.

His greatest loves were his children, bowling, fishing and the Bulldogs.

Many of us have not just lost a friend, but a brother.

Dave, you'll never be forgotten mate and you've left us with life long memories that I'll cherrish.

RIP Dave 1/7/1964 - 7/7/2006

We never saw Nessy anything but smiling, on or off the lanes, and he was always a pleasure to bowl with. This news of his sudden passing comes as a big shock.

Our deepest sympathies to his wife and children, and his mum in their loss.

Sincerest and heartfelt sympathy to David's family and friends
May you have comfort in the memories that will remain in your hearts forever

You are in our thoughts
Sincerely
The entire Reggars family
Leon, Gloria and Taya
Brad, Rachel, Shontay and Khynan

MY DEEPEST WISHES TO DAVID'S FAMILY. DAVID WAS A FRIENDLY AND CARING MAN AND HE WILL BE GREATLY MISSED.

Our thoughts are with you Barbara. David was very friendly and always had a smile on his face. It was a pleasure to know him and his mum. Our sincere sympathies to the entire Ness Family.

Love the "Spicer and Suna Families".

Daves funeral is at 1:00PM Friday 14th July at Metropolitian Funeral Home, Zillmere Rd Aspley.

i would also like to say i am sorry to hear this i too did know david and barbara when i was a junior bowler at lawntn ten pin bowl
very sorry to hear this
daniel ****son

David Andrew Ness 01/07/64 - 07/07/06
Forever in my heart
R.I.P. dad
Love always your daughter Ashleigh :cry:

Back
Top Bottom