what is the deal with youth???

Bee...!

Living the dream!!!
hey there i was just wondering what is the deal with youth, i have heared that it is on and that it is being set out like syd cup but with an extra day and that the scores are combinded but i dont know what dates and what the cost is if any body knows can you please update me on what is happening thx a bunch

bee
icon_smile.gif

Dude

The dates for the Youth Masters is 4th, 5th, 6th January 2002.

The tournament will be a single division tournament for males and females combined. The females get 7 pins each game.

The payout will be for the top 30.

The top three girls who do not cash will get $350, $250 and $100

1st 1750, 2nd $1,200, 3rd $750 down to $100 for 30th.

Top 16 bowlers make the Final
Top 5 bowlers make the stepladder

Give the guys at AMF Bankstown a call - the entry forms should be out now.

Cheers

Just wondering whether an official person from the tournatment committee could please post on here or fax centres to let the bowlers know what is going on.

Rumours up here say its on, its off, its not sanctioned its not ranked. Being a bowler myself id like to know what the exact details are so arrangements can be made.

If someone could give some details...thatd be great.

Kim Barry

Here is something that interests me... The top 3 girls that don't make the top 30 recieve $350, $250 and $100. That is good and all but what about the boys? It is probably true that there will be more boys than girls in the top 30 but that is not the point l'm trying to make. Your encouraging the girls to continue on in theses events because they are getting money for bowling just outside the cut for money. But boys that just finish outside the money get a pat on the back. " You did well son". It is especailly difficult for the next generation coming up through the junior ranks, they bowl extremely well for their age but get nothing for their effort. It has been like this for years l know, but l still think its unfair in some cases.

Oh well l think l've wasted enough of your time today with nonsense
icon_smile.gif

Take it easy boys and girls.
Brad Histon.

yeah brad... my point exactly
but i'm not here to go complaining about it
i won't even be there anyway

Baz

It's probably just as simple as calling Bankstown Bowl .. but don't worry i've called and i'm waiting on a call back from Doc.

Neither am l my neither am l. Hey JL, l don't know everyones nickname so can l say can l have your name.

And will l catch ya at Youth ?
icon_biggrin.gif

hey guys
nice to finally hear something about youth. i think that the format be unfair but when u think about it jl most tournaments benefit guys and so does this...to get the girls u have to make it fair and this is fair what if no girls make it this does then give them some reassurence they get money. sorry if it sounds sexist but it is true

just my thought jayde xxxxxxx

Hey boys and girls,
Hey JL l now know who are you so thats all good. sorry bout that.
And Jayde, no your thoughts are not sexist, they actually do make sense, ln this case this is fair to even up with the boys. l just hope 7 pins is enough start hehe l'm kidding l'm kidding.

It will make for a competitive tournement l hope...
icon_cool.gif

Till next time take it easy

Brad Histon.

I think that's really funny that... the top 3 girls who don't cash receive 350,250 and 100 respectively. If I was a girl bowling in the event and i was coming somewhere like 25th with a few games to go, wouldn't u want to intentionally drop a few places back to say 31st, so that you would get more for coming 31st and than 25th?? why they give those awards out for things like that really, i dunno.

i dunno.... its just my opinion

Come on Jayde i think i need 7 pins head start against you ...........

icon_wink.gif
icon_razz.gif

guys

International Youth has been canned .. but in it's plae the Sydney Youth Tournament (i think thats the name) has been set up.

I have the details and as soon as I have a spare 5 minutes I will post them.

jayde recived a letter yeaterday from Doc kee with all the details and the entry form too, it says it is gonna cost $150 and all divisons combind and girls get a 7pin head start and that the 3 top highest girls not to cut 17TH will get more monsy or something so yeah just letting you all nlater
BEE
icon_wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom