News for Youth Bowlers!

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels
Firstly I would like to thank all the bowlers that supported the NSW Youth Series over the last 3 yrs that I ran them on behalf of AMF. Its sad that the rest of this years series had to be cancelled, but im sure there is a positive in moving forward.

In return for all the loyal support I am very close to finalising a sponsorship deal to have 2 Youth events this year. At this stage I am looking at holding one in NSW and one in VIC. Before I put the formats, costs and prizefunds together, I would like to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Lets put all the negativity behind us, and work together to have a couple of extra events for the future of our sport to bowl in.

Glenn Rowland
CP & Sales Manager
Independent Tournament Director
AMF Bowling Products Inc

Lets have a tourney with a flood of oil... That would be a nice change,

Seriously though, great news. The format that I would love to see is straight qualifying with a double elimination final 12-20 (winners bracket and losers bracket) format. I think its great to see the top bowlers slug it out in the final game for the victory.

Which centres are you looking at?

Thanks
Andrew Tonkin

P.S. wouldn't mind a tourney with no 10 pins on the full rack, although the scores might be quite high, and we all know what happens when the scores are too high!!!

tell me where and when, and ill be there.

doesnt really matter what formatt, but like tonx said, lets have it with some oil, it would be nice:)

matt kanafa

hey,

Its great to hear your support for youth bowling in Australia Glenn. I might be biased but i think we need more events up here in QLD especially in youth. We have some great centres and a bucket load of talented bowlers.

Cheers.

Ben Coupland

(In Krissy's profile)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think we could do with less oil,N.S.W and VIC have more oil than needed in tournaments now.

can I ask where?

sallylicious said:
Most tournaments use the 5-1 oiling pattern,personally i think its way too oily

accredited tourneys lay a '3-1' pattern for the first few foot, and then a 4-1 down the lane (the exact measurements can be told by someone that has a clue; ie: not me!!!), and this has nothing to do with the amount of oil, the amount of oil is based on 'units' a 5-1 pattern would not fall in TBAL rules.

I would say a tournament with 60 or so units in the middle oiled to 40ft, with a short buff would be a great change, and would really make the bowler make changes quickly, and play a more direct line to the pocket. Preferably on synthetic as the carrydown would be horrific on wood.

The other option could be the hardest pattern available= a 1-1 pattern, and I know that kegals can lay this shot.

If the new Altona alley could be contacted for a venue that would be great, with state of the art EVERYTHING, this centre should bring a huge turnout!!!!

sallylicious wrote

I think we could do with less oil,N.S.W and VIC have more oil than needed in tournaments now.

There was very little oil at the AO, and the hold... there wasn't any!!, well for me anyway. Any format tourni is fine by me, you tell me where, when, how much and most importantly that it's ranked i'll be there as long as i don't have to work.

Back
Top Bottom