2006 National Youth Series

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels
Qubica-AMF Australia is proud to announce that in 2006 there will be a National Youth Series consisting of 5 events. I would like to thank all parties invovled for coming onboard and creating this series, which is long over due for our up & coming superstars of tomorrow.

The 5 events that will make up this series will be as follows:
Werribee Youth Cup - Werribee Superbowl - Ranking Points Apply
Mayfield Youth Cup - Mayfield tenpin Bowl - Ranking Points Apply
Columbia300 Youth Cup - Geelong Bowling Lanes - Ranking Points Apply
U/23's SA Cup - TBA - Ranking Points Apply
U/23's Melbourne Cup - Ed Fleming Lanes - Ranking Points Apply

TBA will be broadcasting live scores from all these events, so you won't miss a minute of what is going on during this series. There will be Major prizes for the Male & female Bowlers of the year, which at this stage will be announced at a later date.

A scheduled Calender will be out very soon once all dates & venues are confrimed. For more information or a registration form to receive entry forms for all events please email me at [email protected]

Did I forget to mention that there are some Major Sponsors on board that I will mention later in an official Press Release.

Glenn Rowland
CP & Sales Manager
Qubica-AMF
Independent Tournament Director

Glenn,

Considering this will be known as the "National Youth Series", does that mean other nationally ranked youth events will not be running next year? such as Brunswick Youth and Sharp?

Rowdy, im thinking that this will be a seperate competition running along with the National ranking system. Its good to see that only a few events have been chosen, it gives more of a chance to ppl that cant afford to bowl 10-15 events each year to be able to get to the top of the national ranking system.

g'day glen. count me in for the series. sounds fantastic and its great to see some people still fighting the good fight

Why is the the 'National Youth Series' mainly held in Victoria??

Wouldnt it be fair to keep sharp and get rid of one of the melbourner tournament or just add sharp?

Seems a bit biased to the Vics...

I'll still support it though....

Is the columbia 300 going to clash with the NSW open again.
Hopefully it doesnt so we can get some more bowles to Geelong.

It was a good turnout this year but maybe we could get some more bowlers if it doesn't clash.

Just my opinion.

Amanda

Mindi,
considering it would be ranked i doubt they'll place two ranked tournies on the same weekend. I think anyway!!!

It would be great if it would be an even better turn out than this year! it was run really well

Jess

Surely if we are only going to get one of these events in NSW you could find better lanes than Mayfield??? Why are there no events in Sydney or at lanes that are not vintage!!!

After coping it from the Queenslanders all week at East Coast, I have added next years Sharp Tournament to make the National Youth Series now 6 events.

This is going to be a very exciting series, and the end of year prizes are definately going to be worth winning. More details will be released at the end of November.

THANKYOU!!!

That's a fantastic thing, great news. I'm sure most of Queensland's youth and junior bowlers are happy to hear about this, it would have been terrible to lose our only ranked youth tournament.

Awsome looks like i'm going to Sharp nxt yr woohoo can't wait it's going to be awsome series.. i'll wait for the dates then i can't tell my boss when i can't work hehe. laterz chris

Hi All,

Please see attached the tournament calender for next years QubicaAMF National Youth Series.

Attachments

• Youth Series 2006.pdf
    15.6 KB · Views: 103
Assuming the Adult tournaments Graham posted are ranked, then this makes two ranked tournaments clash

May 19,20,21 K&K Classic - Kedron QLD
May 20,21 Mayfield Youth Cup - Mayfield NSW

Can that really happen?

Rowdy said:
Assuming the Adult tournaments Graham posted are ranked, then this makes two ranked tournaments clash
May 19,20,21 K&K Classic - Kedron QLD
May 20,21 Mayfield Youth Cup - Mayfield NSW
Can that really happen?

What about Arafura? Isn't that on about that time?? That would make three

Sharp 2006 is going ahead. Sue Fryer at Greenslopes is the Tournament Director and can be contacted on 33976191

The Mt Gravatt Youth Cup will be going ahead and is planned for the 18-19th February 2006. This is a National Youth Series event and will be ranked. Please call Val or Kim on (07)3349 9766 for any enquiries. Entry forms will be out shortly.

Hi All,

Sorry about all the confusion with clashing tournaments, please see attached the revised calender with the changing of the Mt.Gravatt Youth Cup.

All other dates will stand as per the schedule, for any further information, please contact me direct at [email protected]

Attachments

• Youth Series 2006.pdf
    15.7 KB · Views: 105
Also just asking why put a tournament on the same weekend as the closing ceremony of the commonwealth games just asking thats all. i won't be there for there werribee event sorry maybe there other i'm just asking thats all..
Chris

Back
Top Bottom