What is happening to australian cricket

PoITeR

Bowl-A-Holic
I know strange question, but this summer australia has not been as strong as they normally are, they almost lost the test series, now since the ipl is all the rage it like the one day series is dead, if it was not for our bowling we would be dead in the water

They have played like lame ducks ever since they got lambasted by the media after the Sydney test - but they are still managing to win most times they play.

They need to get a bit of mongrel back into their game i reckon

Well the losses of Warne, McGrath, Langer etc out of the side from previous years has definately hurt them, as it would any side that loses class like that.
But they have played with a distinct lack of 'mongrel' ever since India pulled out the race card after Sydney and had a big whinge and threw the toys out of the pram.
I think the Australian's look mentally jaded and pretty unsure as to how to go about their game since then.
Our own soft, pansy, PC-plod media can take credit for that, India have always been first class whingers in cricket the moment things don't go their way, so their pious little spat was nothing particularly unusual.
But the way many sections of this country's media - many with the combined cricket or sporting knowledge of a freshly laid dog turd - turned on the way our players played the game was disgraceful, especially Peter Roebuck, who was a complete nonentity as a cricketer, a convicted child beater as a cricket coach, who makes a buck living off the gravy train of our cricket/cricketers but chooses to demonise them to make himself look good.
I think the IPL may have a little distraction value, but I doubt it's the key reason why they're struggling this season.

Looking at the cricket pitch, they seem slower, Australia has always had trouble on slow wickets as they like the ball coming onto the bat, Gilly,Hayden,ponting,Symonds are sloggers, it seems they can not work the ball into gaps like they use to, Its like we have to get out there and belt the ball.

Back
Top Bottom