Time to replace DA AUSTRALIAN CRICKET COACH

D

~*DaProBowler*~

After watching our Cricket team lose the asshes series :confused: Do you thinks it's time to get a new coach with new/fresh ideas. And do u think Shane Warne will do a greater job as a captain :D

I think its more the Australian selectors that need a seeing to. They should never have taken gillespi on the series. I think aussies may have won another test if he didnt get smashed around so badly.

Time to replace the Austrlian top order batsmen! Kills me to say it because I'm a QLD'er but Hayden was given too many chances. Martyn also has been given too many chances over his career. I dont think Clarke deserves his spot. Katich isn't proving to be much of a hassel to the opposition. Problem is you can't replace all these players at once or you'll have a team full of n00b's! Time to start dropping these older players one by one and start feeding in the young players.

The selectors keep stuffing around with this 'rotation' of the pacemen (although it was rather difficult to keep the same pace attack with the injuries recently) when really its the batsmen who need to be looked at.

And also yes, give Warnie the captaincy while Ponting is struggling! Ponting needs to just concentrate on his batting without the added responsibility of captaining the side.

I don't necessarily think that they need to replace Buchanan but he seems to rely too much on graphics and statistics and all this other whiz-bang gadgetry, when what they really need to be doing is working hard on thier ground fielding.
Fielding sets the tone and increases confidence in a side and Australia's was shoddy for the whole tour and has been in decline for quite awhile now.

When Bobby Simpson was coach of the side, he'd have them out them out there working on their fielding till they were almost dropping like flies - that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.
To be honest some of these Australian sides in the last 5-10 years could've coached themselves they were that good, but the current side is a) on the decline and b) has a fair lack of experience and c) lacks confidence (Warne & McGrath aside)

I've always said that Warne was the best pick for Captain, but at 36 years old what is the point in doing it now?
That seems to be the problem in this country with this stupid soccer mum mentality of only having nice, clean cut figures as leaders - the types that will come home and have a lamb-roast and play Scattegories with Gran and the kiddies on a Saturday night.
Warne was by far and away the more qualified leader but didn't fit the squeaky-clean mould and thus was passed over for the job which was rediculous.
They'd be better off sticking with Ponting who's only 30 (who I don't regard as a great captain) and grooming future captains underneath him.
Picking Warne now would be just pointless and be a short-term fix to a long-term problem.

As poor as the Aussies were in that whole tour, they only went down 2-1 but had they played to anywhere near their level of ability they would've bitch-slapped the Poms, and more than likely will beat just about every other test playing nation going about currently - there's not much else to beat out there.
England are an excellent side and deserved to win, and Australia will have to rebuild again to come up to standard - losing the likes of Pigeon, Warnie, Gilly etc will test the depth of Australian cricket - and there will be hard times ahead.

In the fifth test when making runs quickly were at a premium, Mr. Hayden decided it would be appropriate to make 130 off over 300 balls (whilst taking the light offered at one stage as well).
The man showed regard for one thing only - his batting average. He obviously did not care about retaining the ashes. The sooner he is removed from the Australian team the better.

Bleak times ahead im afraid

Tiger, I think you hit the nail on the head with your remarks about Bobby Simpson.
Even though he has not been the coach for a long time, I believe we got to where we were because of him.
During his time at the helm our fielding and catching was remarkable, and has been declining (ever so slightly) since he went.
How many fielding errors or dropped catches in this series.
We also underestimated the poms and overestimated our own ability

Slugga

Craig Ryan said:
In the fifth test when making runs quickly were at a premium, Mr. Hayden decided it would be appropriate to make 130 off over 300 balls (whilst taking the light offered at one stage as well).
The man showed regard for one thing only - his batting average. He obviously did not care about retaining the ashes. The sooner he is removed from the Australian team the better.

Bleak times ahead im afraid

I disagree about Hayden. The guy had been struggling for confidence and form all series. England had him worked out in the first 4 Tests, having had him belt them all over the park in their last contest over here in 02/03.

Matthew Hayden did everything he should have done in making 138. He did not score too slowly. There were two things that cost Australia a Test match win in this Test - 1) the huge middle order batting collapse (a regular thing on this tour) and 2) Warne dropping Pietersen on 15. He went on to bat for another 4 hours and scored another 143 runs after that. Giles would never have made 59 under pressure if Pietersen wasn't there. That's more than 200 runs just there, and at least 3 hours of time Australia cost themselves. If Australia had batted on to the end of Day 4 and declared instead of collapsing, with a score of 500 odd (which they should have got with the platform the openers set), they would have avoided the lengthy periods lost due to England accepting the bad light, and would have still had the whole of Day 5 to knock England over - which they eventually did anyway. If they had that lead on the board, I reckon it was ours.

I agree with you guys..we have to be humble in our defeat. England deserve to win but we made England look gr8.We brought in Gillespie god knows why :rolleyes: We dropped 3 crucial catches in the last match and made Kevin Pietersen look immortal,won the toss and choose to bowl and don't forget leaving early coz of the bad light. How about the cheeky smile from Ponting after losing to Bangladesh,if it was me i will be in tears lol. At end of the day someone gotta take the blame ..most sports it's the coaches.The selectors and the coach have to take the blame..I was hoping they will call in Shane Watson for the last test,since he was taking wickets and batting well in England, to cover for Damien ( lost his hunger) or even Katich...but noway. If Shane Warne is too old to replace Ponting ..how about Gilchrist isn't he the vice captain :) let's go back to the basic and fix this before it's too late.
Damn look at me am whinging like the POM :D cya
My Choice :Hayden,Lange, Ponting, Hussey, Clark, Shane Watson, Gilchrist, Shane Warne,Brett Lee, Shaun Tait and Mc Grath
Go Aussies :D

Personal opinion, and after watching the aussies lose the dam ashes!!.....I think the team needs a bit of a shake up time to bring in some of the younger guys and get them going in the team. I mean sure we've got our Gillespie and McGrath but they are starting to age. We need new pace bowlers. Bring in Lee and Tait. Warney did supremely in england and should not be dropped (especially after taking 6 for 70? i think in the final test)

Hayden should be replaced as he truly was not concerend about losing the ashes and bring in a young fellow by the name of Hussy (W.A BOY!!!!)

Cheers Guys

Re: Time to replace THE AUSTRALIAN CRICKET COACH

androooo said:
I always thought it was "THE" coach... not "DA" coach
LOL HAPPY NOW :D

Warne took 40 wickets in 5 games! An outstanding effort.

I think its a big over reaction to losing to England - we havent lost that many Test series in recent years (only one I can remember in recent times is the 2-1 loss to India) but there wasnt such a concern then.

Sure the players are getting older but I think get them back in Australia against the Windies come November and they will be playing well once again. They came up against a decent team on decks that moved and the ball was moving in the air. Love to see them do it again in 18 months time when they come out here for the Ashes.

~*DaProBowler*~ said:
LOL THANKS GRAHAM "DA" ADMINISTRATOR :D

That wasnt me! And id tone down the "Da" shit as well .. do you realise how stupid it really looks ?

thanks

We lost the ashes its the players we need to look at............... :(

HAHA we do not need to change anything.... what needs to be changed IS THE 12th MAN RULE.... in my view.. england just took it to far... UMPIRING OH MY LORD.... PISS POOR.... Y WAS THE 3RD umpire invented?????????

Ash

here is a suggestion, maybe England outplayed Australia??????

Maybe the Australian batsmen need to learn how to play reverse swing so Simon Jones doesn't trouble them so much???

Or maybe Australia shouldn't drop so many easy catches??? If warne had have taken that catch off of Pietersen, it would have been a totally different story, that was the turning point in the game.

Whether most of you like it or not, Australia were totally outplayed this series.

Back
Top Bottom