Weird food you have asked for or not but had to eat ?

Gary

Just stopped at Subway my 5 year old had a cheese black olive and tomato sauce roll what is the weirdest food you have tried?

Gary..............................................:confused:

triple layer tomato sauce sandwhich with up n go to wash it down... very very disgusting... but you should try it one day....

Balut (fertilized duck egg containing a full duck embryo)..a Filipino delicacy.

Fried grasshopper (special order at a sushi bar)

Rattlesnake sausage at a restaurant in Arizona

Bear meat (gotta thank my brother for this one)

Ha Ha Nothing odd about that ask any woman who has ever been pregnant:D

I have had on one plate Lambs fry, Olives, cheese, mango dried apricots and tinned potato salad....don't ask me why but it had to be tinned!!! Ewwww, I feel ill now LOL

I am with your daughter........make it two but hold the sauce please.

When I was a little fellow (you people who know me might find that hard to belive that I was once little). My father liked lambs brains on toast. He got me to try them not telling me what they were. I ate them, said they were alright, then he told me what it was. Never had them again and felt sick for a very long time.

Mine's not really that weird but i'm having a fight with my friends over this one.... I want to know if anyone else eats this or know people that do...

Peanut butter, cheese and tomato toasted sandwiches.

My friends all think i'm weird for liking it!!

(I know i'm weird anyway hahaha)

Tripe, lung, chicken heart soup, pig trotters. Hungarians have weird diets.

ME:
Sheeps eyes rolled in fresh bread crumbs....definately didn't like them.
Lived in Japan and ate most of their traditional food including Puffer Fish.
In Greece I ate Grapevine branches/leaves, cooked correctly they were rich in iron +. Mainly the older generation cook these. I must admit I enjoyed these on many occassions.

HUSBAND:
Bulls testicles, saute in olive oil, spices & herbs... Not for the faint of heart. (I did not eat these as I wasn't game.)

SON:
Loves Octopus. He had it so many different ways in Greece and couldn't get enough of it...One of the best places in the world for traditionally cooked/raw Octopus.:eating: ;)

Being in the restaurant industry i have tried many weird and wonderful and disgusting things

Bulls Balls in neapolitan sauce -Disgusting!=P~
Camel Steaks- tough chewy and much like shoe leather
Flying fox cured meat- salty and similar to prociutto ham
Crocodile- Sorry Steve Crikey it was nice
Curried Escargot-(snails) slimy, slippery and futile

being married to a Scotsman= Haggis....one word YUK!
Scotch sausage......Yummmy!!!;) :lol:

Peanut butter, cheese and tomato toasted sandwiches.

That's similar to mine. My best mate and I were bored one day, so I made us a three layer sandwich. In the centre was cheese and onion, which had been in the microwave, and on the top layer was peanut butter and the bottom layer contained strawberry jam.

Couldn't have been too bad coz we keep eating them.

Many years ago when I worked in an abbatior, a workmate brought in some smallish crumbed circular items... looked great cooked, golden brown bread crumbs, and we all assumed that it was abalone (even tasted similar... or so we thought). We weren't even close... calf testicles!! mmm... tasty-cles!

something from way left field, pikelet's with crunchy peanut butter and promite on them.

black pud usually puts most people off, you make a sausage by cooking your choice of meat (usually ground), breadcrumbs, eggs and onions in animal fat and blood till it gets really thick and sticky, then it congeals when it cools down to keep it all together.

Well definately some very unusual appetites........

I am a very fussy eater and not very big on experimenting with different foods. When I was younger I lived on Vegemite and had Vegemite and cheese sandwiches for lunch at school and then mixed it up a bit with Vegemite and lettuce and then Vegemite and potato chips and when I was about 10 my friend and I decided to make Vegemite soup which is a Vegemite sandwich in a bowl with boiling water poured on top. It was GROSS but surprisingly we made it quite often.

I'd have to say my weirdest food craving would've been whilst I was pregnant and that was bananas smoothered in VEGEMITE. Just thinking about that makes me sick oooooohhhhhhhh YUK.

I think I'm all Vegemited out now, cause I very rarely eat it now :)

Rachel

Bradley will eat everything so he's tried a whole range of icky gross stuff
Shontay is the same as her Dad, will try everything so she's consumed lots of his yucky concoctions
Khynan is like me and very non experimental and sticks to the stuff he knows
Brad's daughter Nicola eats peanut butter and Aussiemite sandwiches we always say eewww gross and she just laughs and says umm yummy

My motto is: IF MY EYES DON'T LIKE IT MY BELLY WONT LIKE IT EITHER!!!

Mars Bars in batter

Mmmm Deep Fried Mars Bars!!!! Snickers also work really well.... they're not quite as sweet!!

Another weird concoction that my brother seems to enjoy (i can't quite bring myself to try it!) Peanut Butter, Marmite (or an alternative eg. vegemite, promite) and tuna (any flavour that's in the cupboard)

When we were drunk one night a few years back, one of my mates made a concoction of Kit Kat, Picnic, bolognaise sauce, melted cheese and chicken in a huge bun :-&
And he kept it down too!

Worst one I had was when I was about 6, my grandma made me some Salada's absolutely caked in Nutella to take to school.
Salt and chocolate do not mix. :|

I often eat tomato sauce on everything...some of the strangest things I have put sauce on include baked beans, salad and fish (salmon, dory or whatever is on the plate). During Rachuig I requested tomato sauce on my ham, cheese+tomato toasted sandwiches too :D
I remember as a kid eating weird sandwiches. Honey, peanut butter, milo, 100s&1000s and banana...with Nutella on the odd occasion as well.
Strangest drink I have had would had to have been at a Staff Christmas party. It consisted of; vanilla ice-cream, Smirnoff Double Black, beer, a Bacardi Breezer, lemonade, pasta salad, chocolate topping and some salt+pepper...might not be exact but it was darn close...
MMM...Grosstimes

Well, I didn't actually ask for this one, but you'll see what I mean...

I was out for dinner after a tourney with our team after ACT Champs.

I got asked over to a table that a couple of others were sitting at, so I walked over. Anonymous (haha) says to me 'Rowey, try this pumpkin soup'. I hesitated, and looked around for anybody laughing. After a bit of reassuring, I thought 'sure, why not' and picked a table spoon and ate a bit.

That's when it hit me.

They had half-filled the sightly empty bowl with salt and pepper, and they had made it so you couldn't see that there was any in the bowl. That was when my lips started to burn :p They started laughing, so I took another tablespoon! Why...I'll never know. So another person comes along and says 'What did he do?'. They explained, and llaughing, the person said 'Can you do it again?'

So, at this stage, with my mouth burning, you'd think it'd be time to call for a drinks break and bail. Right? Wrong. I took another table spoon :p

My lips burnt for a bit after that, but I certainly entertained a few people. I can still taste the salt and pepper! Don't try this at home...

Bubye

Rowey :p

Back
Top Bottom