Vale - Augie Centofanti

strop

Elite Athlete
On behalf of the Committee we wish to notify our members of the passing of one of our foundation members of ATBSO South Australia.

Augie Centofanti joined in 1992 at the beginning of the Seniors Competition. He was a committee member for 8 years consecutively.

Augie represented our State for 9 years as both an OPEN bowler and several years as a MANAGER as well.

We all may not have known him, but he was a very important member in the starting of ATBSO.S.A.

Condolences to the Family.

Augie was of course one of the greats -perhaps not as a bowler [mind you he was extremely competitive], but a great man who had fantastic qualities..not only that but he was a terrific supporter of the national tournaments I was involved in..and I assume most every National event he could get to. Finally, my mother-in-law, who passed away many years ago, thought he was the best she had ever seen - "attractive male-wise" I should add..and who dares disagree with their mother-in-law!!

A very sad loss and my condolences to his family and friends - of which, I suspect, could be numbered in their legions.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom