Vale - Marion Smith

Anthony L

Tony Long
On behalf of the ATBSO - SA I would like to advise the passing of Marion Smith who passed away August 30/2007 - I would also like to say that she was a great ambassador for our game not only in SA but Nationally - she will be sadly missed...
Tony Long

I have know Marion for many years not only through bowling but also on a personal level.
I will always remember the help, support and laughs she contributed to many events and will always be greatful for her dedication and love of our sport.
Many who bowled back in the old days of ATBA in SA will recall her as a permanent fixture at our tournaments and who could forget her gentle manner and quiet and unassuming personality? Ha! Ha!
I will miss you "Mother".
My heart and sympathies go out to her family.

It was always a pleasure working with Mother on the Women's Adelaide Cup, always a bubbly personality and a wonderful woman. Marion, you will be missed by everyone. It was a pleasure to work and know you. Rest In Peace

Brad
xx

Thats very sad news, I always looked forward to Ladies Cup and catching up with Marion ("mother"). She was a great lady and really made the tournament enjoyable and fun.

Our thoughts are with her family and friends.

A big loss to the bowling community in Australia.

samantha taylor

On behalf of the ATBSOV members and Committee, I extend condolences to Marion's family and friends. Such a sad loss.

Wayne Burton
President
ATBSOV

On behalf of the ATBSOQ membership, I would like to pass on our
condolences to Marion`s family. She will be missed. Tenpin bowling needs more people with the passion for our sport that she had.
Regards
Lawrie Hill
President
ATBSOQ.

This is very sad news indeed. Marion was one of a kind and she will be sorely missed. She provided much support on personal level to many people, myself included.
My condolences to her family and friends.
Mike Seymour

On behalf of the members of the ATBSO of the ACT, we would like to express our sincere condolensces to Marion's family and friends.

Andrew Campbell
ATBSO of the ACT President

On behalf of Sue and myself I would like to express our sadness on the passing of Marion Smith. Marion was one of the inaugural members of the ATBSO and without people like her, ATBSO would not have advanced to where it is today. There are, I am sure, many friends around Australia that would emulate our feelings.
Ken Baldock
ATBSO National Past President

I am sorry to hear of Marion's death. Her and I had many happy moments and some other interesting discussions. The funds she managed to raise selling her Dumb Fu**ers Club cards will remain in the memories of some of us forever. It did not matter where you went in Australia or how you travelled, everyone from Taxi drivers to Airline pilots had one of those cards. Marion was not one for the computer age, perferring pencil and calculator, but she will be sadly missed.

Very sad news indeed.
I too have very fond memeries of Marion as the "Godmother" of South Australian bowling. You will never find a more passionate supporter of our sport.
Deepest condolances to her family.
Jim & Teena Hind

I first meet Marion on the final day that Rachuig forms were due to be lodged in 1987, she gave me a lecture about punctuality and told me to be early for the trials. I was early and made my first Rachuig Team in 1987 in which SA won its first Rachuig for some time. Marion was also in Melbourne when we won back to back in 1988 and she was also the first to congratulate me when I won the Australian Masters in '88. I unfortunately have regrets that after a 9 year beak from bowling I never had the chance to thank Marion for the support she gave me and SA, she will be greatly missed.

Brenton Manning

Sad news indeed.

In my eyes she was one of the great characters of the game. Leanne and I have great memories of her friendship and relentless selling of the annoying DFC cards (but all for a good cause). When the SA cup was at its social peak (the long weekend in January), Marion was larger than life - god I miss those days.

John & Leanne

Just returned from country trip & learned of the very sad news.
My sincere condolences to the family
Marion was one of the very important people in my bowling times, both Violet & I will miss her ever smiling face.

Colin & Violet Hunt

I FIRST MET MARION ABOUT 30 YEARS AGO WHEN I COMMENCED WORK AT NORWOOD BOWL , SHE TOLD ME IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS ON HOW THE CENTRE SHOULD BE RUN AND HOW IMPORTANT THE LEAGUE BOWLERS WERE TO THE PROFITABILITY OF THE BOWL ( SADLY OVER LOOKED THESE DAYS) SHE ALWAYS MADE SURE THAT I WAS A FINANCIAL MEMEBER OF THE DFC CLUB. (COULD ANYONE ELSE GET AWAY WITH IT)
A TIRELESS WORKER FOR OUR SPORT, BET YOU'RE ALREADY BOSSING 'EM AROUND UP THERE !!!
ONE OF THE GAMES GREAT CHARACTERS AND EVERYONES "MOTHER"

KJ

Back
Top Bottom