VALE - Glenys Smith

Brenton_Davy

900Global bowler
It is with the greatest of sadness that I have to announce the passing of Glenys Smith at 2am on Monday 19th April 2004 as a result of a heart attack, aged just 51 years. Bowling has lost a great competitor and so many of us have lost a great friend.

Words cannot describe the loss that we feel as our family has grown so close to hers over many years. We all loved her.

Our sincerest condolences to Peter, Troy, Lee and Kimberley.

The funeral is to be conducted at Enfield Crematorium at 10am on Tuesday 27th April.

Brenton, Shelley, Jay and Lee

Just when we were building a friendship, I was devastated to hear of the passing of Glenys.....in 2003 there was much laughter when Glenys and Kimberley needed a pick up from the airport for the Queensland Ladies Classic - however, we did not mean Cooloongatta Airport! We tried to educate her into Queensland COUTH! Contact again in Adelaide for the Seniors Tourn. with Peter locking keys in cars at airport - great to catch up again at ATBSO Nats. last year and now I am so sorry I missed her victory in Canberra.........her future in the Seniors ranks was assured.

To her family - my sincere sympathy goes to you all.

Mary Flower

Sad News

To the Smith Family from ATBSO WA, please accept our deepest sympathies on the passing of Glenys, we all knew her as a truelly great bowler from ATBSO SA, WE WILL MISS YOU

Sandor

Our deepest Sympathies to Peter, Troy, Lee and Kimberly ,

Glenys was a fantastic caring person , and will be greatly missed.

From the Billing Family, Ben Tash Caleb and Aimee
and from my mum Margaret Donaldson who had the pleasure of rooming with Glenys during President shield to watch us kids who made the team.( lee made it that year as did I)

Very sad news, the "girls from Queensland" are all devastated to hear that Glenys will no longer be with us at the senior tournaments.

Our sincere condolences to Glenys's family at this very sad time.

Glenys, we know you will be with us in spirit, you were a great competitor and we all admired your true grit. Watch over us when we bowl with the seniors, and we shall feel your presence.

Peter, to you and your family we extend our deepest sympathy at this time of great sorrow.

The ATBSO and bowling generally has lost a champion person and a champion player, but we can only imagine how devestated you must be.

Last month Glenys won the Canberra Seniors Cup, just a few short weeks ago.

We were stunned and shocked when we heard the terrible news, and we still can't believe it.

Glenys will be sadly missed by all who knew her.

Personnally, I had great admiration for her determination.

I know great things lay ahead for her, and this loss will be felt, not only here in Adelaide but Nationally.

Louise and Greig

thankyou

I can not thankyou enuf for all the writen replys, letters, phone calls & flowers that i have receved for mum.

Mum was loved by many people, she will be missed by all.
Looked up to by alot & down to by all the tall people..

Bowling has lots a great compedeter & champion.....
i hope 2 live up 2 her spirt & drive 2 be the best. she ate ,drank & breathed bowling she loved it more than anything ..excepet her car...

Thankyou all again

Kimberley Smith & family .

Peter, Kim, Lee & Troy,

Our thoughts go out to you all thru this very difficult time. I can only imagine what its like to suffer such a loss.

Glenys will definately be watching over everyone from above.

With love
Martina, Val & Lesley

Peter, Troy, Lee and Kimberley
My mum just called let me know about Glenys's passing.
Barbara and I are holding you in our thoughts.
I am so glad that we got a chance to see Glenys again when we visited Adelaide last year.
With all our Love Graham and Barbara Keefe

Back
Top Bottom