Trent Pearce 300

all i can say is dude "god bless norm green!"

that man could consistently shoot high scores with his dynamite!

and yes i have chucked high scores with house balls b4 but doing that over a season remains to be seen... i might have to do that soon at moonah.

Well us guys certainly got mileage out of a few cheeky comments!!! But, it's all good. Nothing like some healthy rivalry between regions!! lol

But I have to agree, everyone loves bowling on good conditions ... but it's also handy to bowl on tough conditions fairly regularly just to remind you that your probably not as good as you think you are!!! Because I know when lonny has been good you just cruise along thinking your bowling really well then get on a challenging condition and struggle for accuracy for a while until you re-adjust.

Anyhow, back to the topic, once again well done Rev & Bec ... and of course Ash for your efforts lately .. well bowled.

icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif

Even though I don't know you Trent - congratulations on achieving a 300 Game.
A magnificant achievement
icon_smile.gif

In response to Androo's comments, I would agree with him on that count and it seems to be the norm at Moonah at the moment to have more oil on the pin-decks than in the heads.....anyway.
The DJ is also correct about Norm Green with old houseball - AMAZING
He shot 289-265-247 for 801 and averaged 220 for a couple of days at the Australian Open one year with that old houseball !!!
Matty Riley is absolutely correct in what he says about having good high scoring conditions to win back bowlers and to give them some enjoyment.
I retired from the game in 2000 for a while after Richard Ness kept having the straightest conditions ever set down on the right week after week (my average kept dropping to around 180) and with only 1 old RPM to throw - my enjoyment went away completely...basically I got sick of leaving five 10-pins a game, every game.
RoboPro remembers the times when you would hit the pocket and leave 10-pins, 5-pins 8-10's 5-10's 5-7's and so forth - I remember that time too - Last Bloody Thursday Night
icon_mad.gif

Hey its GUS here(couldn't remember my password so used Lisas log in).

Just To correct a point made previously about NEEDING HIGH scoring lane conditions to win back bowlers. Did I not only 3 Weeks ago Have 32 Bowlers bowl on an FIQ STANDARD pattern????????? This was the most ppl to bowl a Tourney down here since TCBA days of old. So I have to disagree with the comment made. What bowlers want is FAIR lane conditions, but not necessarily EASY ones. The pattern used for the skins was exactly that, (Maybe except for 1-2 lol), and all the reports I got back were all good! Thats why we have strayed away from the 4:1 Tophat and made it 2:1. It is fairer for everybody from all averages, not just those who can use it. But in the case of Burnie, as KC said, They are not gumbies up there bowling so if they have an easier than most lane condition, GOOD LUCK TO THEM if thats what they want. They still have to throw the ball in the General Area, and carry the pins.

BTW, well done rev, good work. WHOS NEXT???

Hello Hayden,

I think you just made a very valid point. If people wanted to bowl on easy conditions, why did they go to bowl in the skins game, when they knew the conditions were going to be like "oldtime" conditions. There was only one thing they were after I beleive, and that was MONEY! That's what will bring bowlers back. I'll bowl in a carpark for the right amount of money (mind you, that would still be better than a lot of conditions at the moment).

One thing a lot of guys don't understand is, back when I started, lanes were cleaned once a week (if you were lucky), and the lanes oiled by hand. The oiling proceedure was as follows....Put towel in bucket with lane oil, squeeze out excess oil, fold towel in half, place on right side of lane, place broom on towel, push up lane to a certain point, turn over towel and place on left side of lane, and push back.

Now, since I have gotten that out of my system, I feel so much better. Also, depending on who was working at the time, and the mood he was in, depended on the conditions for the next day. If he had a real bad night, he went to the pins, if he had a pretty good night, he went to about half way. Hands up everybody, that has bowled on 60 feet of oil? Hmm, thought so, not many. Now when you have a Yellow Dot in your hand, and the ball doesn't even think about getting into a roll, be prapared for some funny stuff.

I think I may go under the house and pull out my Black Diamond, Yellow Dot, and Crown Jewel got to bring back some good memories.

RoboPro, maybe you could fill us in on your identity??

I think you will find that for the juniors and females that bowled in the skins tournament, money was a small consideration. I know I entered without a thought of whether I would win any back.

If you guys want to have no test of your ability, fine, sit around and bowl on the easy conditions like you want.

Oops, forgot to say something... personally, I am glad Launceston isn't blocked up anymore because it did no favours for my bowling at all when I travelled to other centres.

I doubt easy scoring conditions are the answer to bringing people back to the game.

No offence intended to anyone ok, this is just my personal opinion.

yeah who r u robo pro?

u reckon it was aoh so tuff back in plastic, rubber, urethane days? well i'll challenge ya using only that equipment.... yer on!

heh heh heh

Kace, Suprise or not - It'd bring me back...maybe if the lanes were a bit easier ocassionally I'd like to bowl some more (or at all) & call that sitting back and bowling easy conditions but its a simple fact that its no fun if u don't do well sometimes!
About going away and bowling bad well it might actually encourage me TO go away if I were bowling a bit better hey..
Kace dude I hope you're not offended ok I am just telling u what I feel!!
icon_smile.gif

And nah can't say I was impressed at skins, sorry Gus I didn't have a good time, fair enough i bowled bad don't blow up at me its my opinion only....
Why would u pay $70 to enter a tournament and not care at all if u didn't get any back - seriously?? I can't afford to do that, not many can.. they'd all WANT to get some back for sure... but maybe those who cashed would say otherwise...

Anyway isn't this about trent? hehehe...
icon_smile.gif

GOD THERES A COUPLE OF NAMES I HAVENT HEARD FOR A WHILE,MATTY RILEY AND TRENT PEARCE. CONGRATS TRENT ON YOUR 300, MAYBE SEE YOU GUYS AT A TOURNEY SOMETIME SOON. CRAIG BLACHUT
icon_razz.gif

Back
Top Bottom