Trent Pearce 300

mattr

i would just like to congratulate trent pearce for bowling a perfect 300 last night on lanes 9 and 10 at the Burnie Bowl.

Well done champ. Well deserved

Matt Riley

Congratulations Rev on your 2nd perfect game
icon_biggrin.gif

Well deserved buddy and keep it going. But next time, make sure I am there to see it ok!
icon_wink.gif

Also congrats to Beck Salter on taking out the female jackpot at Burnie Bowl last night also... quite a tidy sum as well!!

Congratulations guys!

Kace, "quite a tidy sum"????????? What are you talking about, its BLOODY HUGE!!

Beck: still waiting on my present, haha
icon_biggrin.gif

And Tank, well done mate u are awesome.

icon_cool.gif

Well done Trent on your second 300, fantastic effort and very well deserved!!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
Was great to watch!!

As for the tidy sum I won, its nearly all spent lol
icon_biggrin.gif

It has certainly all been happening in Burnie Lately.

Congratulations to Trent on his second 300 in Burnie.

Was great to watch.

Also the third 300 for the centre in the last month.

Well done to Beck as well, a solid pocket hit to win the jackpot.

The ladies jackpot has been going for 8 years in Burnie and this is the first time it has been won, according to management.

The total was $2141.60.

Just as well you guys got lane 9 re-oiled before you started.

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

yes well done to trent on his 300, and to beck for winning the jackpot, im thinking that they will change the name of the bowl to "calboolture".......hehe

well done again!!
icon_biggrin.gif

bec bec bec

i didnt actually get to see your jackpot win as i was bowling on my own again.

Congrates on your win and all the very best for the youth rolloff as it is soon approaching.

Well done again.

Matt Riley

Congrats to both Trent and Bec, very nice work!!

And yes Bruv, I was thinking the very same thing!!
icon_biggrin.gif

All right settle down Mr Foster, you old fyder.
I remember when Launceston was the high scoring centre of the state, not much fun at the moment though.

And Androo i think Moonah is every bit as good as Burnie at the moment judging by some of the scores and averages coming out of there lately.

Caboolture averaged nearly 1 x 300 a week for a 12 month priod when i was there in September last year, Burnie has only had 3 in 4 weeks.

So you guys be good or i will have to send the boys around.

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Fantastic, Trent, go you good thing!!
And Beck: like I said, proud of you, hun!
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

Well done Rev, great job man, keep up the good work, catch up with you soon!!!

Also to Bec, how stoked must you be??? Well bowled, you have been bowling so well the past 6 months, it had to happen eventually!!! Well deserved!!

To Homer: Point taken about the Caboulture comment, but having said that it would be interesting to hold a major down there at the moment and see how many 300's you get bowled in a 3 day period ...

There's probably not quite as many high average bowlers bowling in burnie as there was/is in Caboulture .... not that I'm having a go, cos it would be the same in Hobart rite now, and in Lonny about 12 months ago!!!

Anyway that's my $0.02 worth ... just thought I would stir the pot so to speek!!!

Be good.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

guys moonah was good about a month ago and now they have reduced the oil because there was too many underlanes....its like a desert now so i dont see any way it could be easy at the moment, seeings it breaks down after 3 shots... and thats in practice!

What are u guys putting in the water down there
3..300's in a month
wow

well done trent my boy....and i told you u were catching me
at this rate u will of paST ME IN 6 MONTHS HAHAHAHA

also whast this jackpot hey
well done beck but i want to know is how was the jackpot formed and hwo does it increse

laaaaaaaaater

Guys, guys, guys...

Yes ok all those three centres have had it easy at one point or another recently, but in the words of the man himself, Trent Pearce, "It's not gumbies throwing the scores up there".
icon_biggrin.gif

No offence intended to anyone but I think you should all quit complaining... or you'll all look like idiots if you happen not to shoot telephone numbers next time you are in Burnie! lol.

Yeh ur rite Kace, cuz the other day Dave said we need to go practice in Burnie and I'm like no cuz if i bowl bad I'm going to feel doubly stupid! hehehe

.......and someone said Launceston Lanes were good at one stage?? wow, who would've thought....
icon_cool.gif

ps. how do u feel this morning
icon_biggrin.gif

hey guys

i will admit, burnie isnt the hardest centre these days, sure ashley and myself are averageing over 225 Trent is at about 210 i think, brett k is over 215 and brett r is 205 or there abouts.

Jess, launi was easy about 12 months ago, i remember going in there ther day after i got back from FIQ and averaged 230 something to win the masters and they had 300s galore. I just think it is nice that good ol roger is putting somehitng down thta is enjoyable to go and bowl on.

Maybe thats what the sport needs, good conditions high scores to get people back into it.

I say the better the condition the bowlers will come and bowl. ANd maybe one day may get a major down here.

take care

MAtt Riley

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, ">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mattr:

Maybe thats what the sport needs, good conditions high scores to get people back into it.

I say the better the condition the bowlers will come and bowl. ANd maybe one day may get a major down here.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh Matt -- AMEN!!

Thats all I better say!!
icon_cool.gif

Yes I'll admit Moonah isn't the hardest place in the world, but it is no way as easy as what it was. Considering the amount of oil that ISN'T being used at Moonah, can make for some very interesting nights. I suppose you guys do have an advantage up there, because at least you guys can use "current" technology. We down here, if we can use a reactive ball, the shot lasts for warm-up, and that's it. My favourite ball lately has been a urethane Hammer. NOw sure, a good ball, and was a GREAT ball when it was made back in the late 80's, early 90's, but you do give up some of the hitting power that the current balls have built in.

I think that at the moment, and I'm sure DJ and Southern Tiger will back me up when I say this, that the condition at Moonah actually helps the better bowlers at the moment, because they know how to change hand position, pull the nails out of their shoes and move to play different areas of the lane. A typical night at Moonah, is start playing around 7-10, move right a bit when the carrydown comes in (5 frames), then just keep moving left (1 1/2 games), then pull another ball out, or 3.

I agree with Matt, that bowlers DO enjoy bowling on a condition that is easy to score on...who doesn't?? The worst thing is though, to keep bowlers, techs keep putting out easier and easier shots. Does that help the average bowler? Not really, because they don't have to be accurate. The thing I would really hate to see happen in this country is what is happening in other parts of the world. Should someone be able to average 261 for a league season?? Where does that help the credibility of our sport? It can only hurt it because people don't realise just how talented some guys actually are. I was reading some league standing sheets on another website (can't remember off my head) of a singles league in Texas....Top average was 245, and the 25th average was 221. Now I'm sure some of these guys can bowl, and yes, some were pros, but surely not everyone is a legitimate 220+ average bowler.

Anyway, enough dribble from me. And in seriousness, congratulations to both Trent, Ash and Beck on their games, series and CASH!!
icon_biggrin.gif

PS...for Rolloffs at Moonah, make sure you got that White Dot polished up!!

No, I totally agree with Androo. Moonah isn't as easy as it was, but it is close to what it always USED to be like.

I can remember back in the days of plastic and rubber, and while hitting the pocket all game, you shoot 180, because unless you caught all of the finger holes, you were gonna leave a 5 pin, 10, 8-10, 5-8-10 and yes, even a 5-7-10!

I can also remember when the first ever urethane ball came out (Black Angle by AMF). when people first saw that roll, it was like a grenade hitting the pins. So much more power.

Thing is though with all these balls, YOU had to make them do something. None of this hook in a box stuff. They help the wanna be good bowler get better. You want a real test? Get a old Manhatton Rubber, and try to carry consistant.

All I'll say is GOOD LUCK!

Back
Top Bottom