Tournament Directors

T

trev

Well in our forum we,ve covered just about every catagory from the best bowlers, the horniest, i mean the hottest chicks, the ugliest guys or even the worst centres.........
Behind every tourny in every state theres a group of hmmmm, intelligent, outgoing and even outragious people and individuals that put there heart and souls into getting an event going to satisfy the needs of bowlers.
They,ve been occasionally stabbed in the back, torn to shreds, or praised for their genuine efforts.
Over the years organisations have come and gone with all types of people strutting their stuff behind the microphone, getting things done, and signing cheques......
But who was the best at this thankless title?
They may be independant volunteers, centre managers or the owners or bowlers themselves.....

My vote would have to be Phil Brook (vcba-atba) in the eighties
icon_smile.gif

never a dull moment with phil , he continually got the entries and had fun satisfying us sometimes ungrateful bowlers.

i might add that Mary Flower in qld is right up there with him, not so much for strutting her stuff (sorry mary, hehehe), but what she's doing for the up and comers.

Its just a different topic to talk about people, so lets put our 2 cents worth in !!!
icon_smile.gif

Ok well a good samartin in bowling wood have to be stephan smydzuk, he runs the southgate juniors he checks everyone of his bowlers in the squads even if it has 20 of his bowlers, monitors there progres writes down every score then goes back and compilies the scores etc.

his squad continues to grow because of the workk he does and contains bowlers from across nsw not only southgate.

BeN

Phil Brook and his mother Pat, were the greatest, and everything that trev has added is all true, the brooks alone should be in the hall of fame, for what they had done for the sport, full house rachuig trials, massive melbourne cups, vic 150, in vic, if it was a huge and successful, the name brook wasn't to far away from the runnings of it

in juniors, Jenny Hamilton was a fantastic TD, as well as Bill Gardiner Sr, Kenny Sheehan would have got a speel except he bagged the vics for not coming up to the coke one year, and i just had to sit there and cop it in the briefing, i forgive u kenny, the coke was great too.

Worst, most of the amf managers who used to run spc spots, starting with Ray Gilbert

Back
Top Bottom