Bad payers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont worry 'bout listing 'em - send a few of da boyz to collect plus some interest of course (perhaps a bowling ball anenima ???)

maybe a thing called defamation

Mate it would only be defamation if the facts arnt true and i am sure that they are true otherwise what would be the point of BBA starting this thread in the first place if none of this is true. and as for the other thing u have said about crapping on other people and only haveing good things to say about BBA bowlers why wouldnt he sing the praises of his own i know I would if i was sponsering so many top grade bolwers.

you only have something positive to say on this site when it regards bba bowlers and are quick to crap on other bowlers and i have heard from your lips such things
daniel d

Yes Daniel, I do speak the praises of our team, I am very proud of each and every one of them. But as far as your other comment goes, you have no idea what you are talking about......we have never even spoken so how can you say you have heard such from my lips?

As Scott said, defamation is only defamation when there is no substance to the fact, and I have all the evidence needed.

Max

What would exposng these people do?

Would it get them to pay?

Or

Would it increase the chances that legal action will be taken.

Even IF it is legal (I'm currently researching as I type) you will probably get one or two people willing to take you to court, which you'll have to pay for.

It might give you a feeling of satisfaction to expose the people, it might just be more trouble than its worth.

Depending on the amount of $$$ it maybe unfortunately be cheaper and easier to black book them and write off the outstanding money as a loss, and in future don't selling stock using credit, or limit the amount and get a deposit up front.

James Sitters

PS: If I were you I wouldn't expose them yet, I would use this as a warning to the people invovled and than if you felt it was not working, speak to a lawyer (even over the phone, or get someone else to ask) if w

I have a feeling that it is legal to expose but you are bound to the extent as to the media laws for releasing information about people and the defamation acts in various states,(it ma be a form of libel) they are all different and would apply to each person from each state differently, doesn't matter that you are from NSW (I Believe

14 hours since you brought this up and 58 hours to go before your shaming deadline. Have any of your miscreant miserables contacted you to make proper arrangements to pay their debts? If they don't, they deserve to be shamed. Merry Christmas!

Thanks for the guidance guys.

Just to make things clearer, the amounts outstanding are not for only one ball each, all up it runs into several thousand dollars.

I am pleased to report that 2 offenders have paid today and a 3rd has contacted me and made a vow to pay in full mid-week.

Max

Wouldn't listing people be against the rules of the forum?
ie. no personal attacks etc.

Roger

No I would call it "Freedom of Speech"

It shouldn't get to this stage, I see Max's Frustrations.........

Tony

everybody,

max and BBA have gone outta their way to help promote and better the sport of tenpin bowling here in australia. granted, not everyone likes BBA or max, but what other people and businesses have supported events and bowlers in this country???!!!! i dont see other 'fantasic' proshops or suppliers handing out sponsorships or supporting other tournaments like BBA does.

the least these people can do is pay for their gear! its almost like stealing if you dont pay up!!

as for being able to sue BBA, well this is ALL fact, no fiction here! why shouldnt these w@ankers be brought to everyones knowledge to see just how unreliable they infact are.

who knows, could be some well known people around the country letting BBA down!!

come one, pay up or pay the consequences, i think thats the least you can do!

martina

I have read this thread keenly and have kept quiet up to now, but I'm going to throw all my support behind my business partner, Max, and I agree with everything he has said one hundred AND FIFTY percent.

I don't think all of us appreciate fully what he gives up for the bowling public of Australia. Max has spent countless hours working on this venture and lost countless hours sleep doing it, for marketing with the US. He loses precious time with his wife and kids and loses the leisure time we as a whole sometimes take for granted. He spends hours on phone calls to make the deals that get us the cheaper gear to offer the public. Frustrates me at times cos I can't get him on the phone....He does all of this primarily for us. The bowling public of Australia.

We at BBA are in the middle of our 2nd year in business and Max has done a FANTASTIC job. He has given the public what a lot of dealers and pro shops haven't given us....A FAIR GO. Our vision to supply Australian bowlers with the cheapest bowling gear and to look after the Australian bowling public has been carried out to the fullest extent possible. So if that means by looking after bowlers, we give them a little latitude when it comes to payment, so be it (this may be construed as un-professional). But let's be fair. You don't buy something that was given to you in good faith that you'll pay for it later, and not make good on your promise in a REASONABLE amount of time. A department store wouldn't allow you that luxury. Why should we abuse it?

Our business relies on our clients paying their accounts. We don't have a line of credit to keep drawing on, like other businesses do. The more outstanding accounts we have, the more our cashflow is tied up, therefore not allowing us to service you better, by not having your items delivered at a specific time, by not being able to ship your gear. The least business-minded person could understand and appreciate that.

The idea of a list, in my opinion, is not to defame anyone, but to stop this from happening to other pro shops. If you don't want a bad credit report, you pay your household bills on time. It should be the same here. You wouldn't be on a list if you paid what you owed, doesn't matter how 'big' in this sport you may be.

In closing I would say (without being biased) that BBA has been very very fair and quite lenient in its dealings with customers and we urge our clients with outstanding amounts to pay them in full at their earliest convenience. This allows us to service YOU, our client base better.

Seasons greetings to all.

Michael Tran

I have closed this from anyone else posting, but it is good to see some of those people that have had outstanding money with Max make contact with him in sorting it out. I am sure next time these people will do the right thing in future, and I am sure Max will think twice before he hands out the next ball to anyone that wants to pay later down the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom