Coaching accreditation

philby

OK what is happening with coaching in this country. I cannot remember when the last coaching accreditation class was run in Victoria. When is this going to be sorted out.There are people out there pretending to be coaches who havent got a clue. If we are to advance our sport we need to have a clear and defined path so that people who wish to learn the correct methods required to coach can do so. Could somebody anybody let me know what is going on. We have juniors leaving our sport in great numbers because there is NOBODY that can help them with there game. Just a little interest from people with the ability to coach these kids could very well unearth another Honeychurch , Ryan or Gianotti

Interesting point. Im not really sure. I can only comment on the few coaches that i know about who are successful. I think the ability to convey information to a pupil without being condecending would be start. what do you think.Im interested to hear others comments

2 major issues

one is being a confident coach, coaching is about selling, you are selling yourself to your student, if they have belief, then they will succeed.

the other is knowledge, up to date knowledge, of lane conditioning, patterns, balls, drilling techniques, both in layout and fit and the eye to detect faults in peoples games, mentally and physically with no regards to what style they adopt (cranker / stroker).

Back
Top Bottom