TotalBowling is bringing back the old Wide Bay Circuit for 2007

Jase

Admin
Staff member
We have a plan in motion to revive Tournament bowling in Qld.

TotalBowling is bringing back the old Wide Bay Circuit for 2007…

A lot of you will remember this from MANY YEARS AGO… Great friendships were formed and some fun times were had… One that seems to spring to mind was the old “TEAM ADDIDAS”:D :D … Some great weekends at the local RSL CLUB FOR DINNER after qualifying and so on…Like i said some great friendships were formed.

This was a great event to be associated with.

Well its time that these country centers were put back on the city bowlers maps. We will be looking at consistent prize funds and entry fees, with a few different formats… I have organized to set up a meeting for the Wide Bay group and myself to sit down and work out how to run this as successful as it used to be…

All we need is for you the bowlers to now support it as we have had a lot of cry’s for bowling to be revived well here is your chance.

The Centres I have spoken too and that are committed are.
Caboolture Tenpin Bowl
Bundy Bowl
South Burnett Bowl (Kingaroy)
Maryborough Bowl
Sunset Superbowl Toowoomba
Hervey Bay Tenpin bowl

Still to confirm are
Gympie Bowl
Ballina Tenpin Bowl
Mount Warren Lanes

With the support of the bowlers this will go ahead.

TotalBowling will support the end of year points winners and who knows even some sort of award dinner or BBQ could also be organized.
If this is something you think could be interested in please leave some comments/suggestions and expression of interest here.

Thanks

Great idea Jase.....

I hope that both the centres & the bowlers get behind this, I for one will be trying to bowl as many as I can........

fantastic stuff Jase. Hope it goes ahead mate. Ive never had the chance to bowl in the old days in these tornaments, great stuff, I know I can car pool, and if worse comes to worse, i can fit around 30 bowling bags in my truck. lol.

I'm all for it! Well done Jase, I hope you can get it off the ground, Columbia will only be too happy to support it!

I'm in. I want to get back to my home centre and bowl a tournament there.. hooray for Bundaberg! :D Now that was bowling.

awesome stuff count me in for sure jase

what would be the likelihood of extending it to brisbane and both coasts and making it a South East QLD tour

Best News this year Jase, I have numerous great memories of the Wide Bay Grand Prix Circuit, Great Bowling, Great mates and Great S.. oops what happens on tour stays on tour. If A Chukker like me can have fun, all you Champions should have a blast......I'm in for sure.....
We need this to bring Country and City Bowling together again
Cheers

Great circuit for so many years - it is to be hoped that the LOCAL bowlers in the Wide Bay area will support this rejuvenation. Part of the reason for the demise of the original circuit was the lack of competitive bowlers in outlying centres. Then the Brisbane bowlers came and took all the money so less locals bowled and so it went.

With a new crop of young, fresh faces hopefully looking at competing against more experienced bowlers, a resurgence of competitive bowling in the area may come again, and the incentive to branch out of comfort zones may see more good bowlers trying to gain experience.

It is a good iniatitive and with sponsorship and enthusiasm, I feel certain that some 'dirty' weekends away will be enjoyed.

Flower

Back
Top Bottom