The Weirdest Pin Carry!

R

rowey

I've Had And Seen Some Of The Weirdest Pin Carries. I Love That Shot When You Hit The 2 0r The 3 Pin And You Get A Strike Coz Of The Carry. At Strikezone( my centre ), I Recko Lanes 3,4,5,6,13,and 14 Are The Lanes With The Strangest Pin Carry. In Certain Conditions All You Have To On These 6 Lanes Is Touch The Head Pin To Get A Strike. I Reckon The Worst Pin Carry Lanes Are 15 And 16. I Hate Them! I'd Love To Get A Demolition Ball One Day And Totally Demolish That Set Of Lanes. Sometimes It's Hard To Get A Strike On All Of The Lanes, But Most Of The Time It's Too Easy To Get At Least About 1-3 Strikes In A Game( although you usually get more than that, if the conditions are good ). :p :wink: :fadein:

It can differ alot depending on just how much energy your ball retains, and also things like the condition of the pins. Some centers have awesome carry on some lanes compared to others, i remember there was a pair at paradise lanes (legends?) with different gutters (shallow and a different material) that used to be messenger city.

Mmm, by the way, it's rather annoying to read a post where Every Word Has A Capital In It.

I didn't think that that was annoying. Our lanes are wood so that might have something to do with it. I was practicing today and the lanes were so dry that i was standing on about 35 or 40 board rolling over 5 board and was going to brooklyn( i sort of bowl fast ). I was talking to some friends that work there and they reckoned the lanes hadn't been oiled since thursday. In other words if you bowled and kept your ball on 20 board, it would probably go into the gutter with eas( both left and right handers would have the same problem ). I'm a lefty. I hope you know what i mean by 20 and 40 board. The lanes are ALWAYS strange to me, coz one day you'll be shooting high 200's, the next you'll barely get over 150. Cya! :lol: :p :fadein: :Fade-col:

Hey rowey,

The thing i found with x zone, is that if u hit the pocket a little low u get a washed out strike, if the ball hits high u get a proper strike, but if u hit the pocket perfect u will leave single pins usually 7 or 10.

catch ya

I left a 4-9 about a month ago and, tripped the 4-pin forward and left myself a 1-9.
Same particular lane I also left an 8-10, 8-pin slid on its butt directly sideways, taking out the 10-pin but stood as the 10-pin.
Opponent on the same lane left a 4-5 split. Headpin hit the 4-pin and pushed it into the 5, sending the 5-pin perfectly into the 6-pin position, the 4-pin into the 5-pin position.

Strangest of all was a bowler in the earlier league (on the same lane) rolled his back-up ball and left a 1-3-6. Got a domino type effect of a pin pushing the 3-6 out past the table but still inside the sweep - both pins still standing.
If you are a little confused about this one, think of on 82-30 coming down to pick up the headpin, sweep bar down, with two pins standing in skewiff places behind the sweep, but out of range of the machine :shock:

One particular centre I remember having strange carry at was Cannon Hill in Brisbane, I remember carrying some really strange hits. Being a down and in type player with a very simple game, I found I carried an awful lot of trip-forward 2-8-10's etc.
Never had that happen anywhere except there, had Frawls beat me in one game carrying the same hit. Saw an exhorbitant number of others carrying that same hit too.
Maybe that's a modern centre thing, I dunno. :D

My 2yr old son hit 3 pins today, 1-3-9 out of a full deck, thats it! Let's just say they dont make those 6lb's like they use to.

G

Did you pick it up and see if it would bounce george? :)

Mmm, i remember cannon hill, the last time i bowled there i stayed light in the pocket to finish with a 248 and make 900. Ive had a few 4-9's kick out, something has come off the wall tripped the 4 pin and it's fell straight on it's end into the 9. Thats a pretty neat shot actually, comes back hard, leaves a 4-9, you are about to cry when the 4 falls, then the 9. You can turn around and pretend you meant todo that ;)

flush 7-9

went to bowl league 2nite in huddersfield...this centre is known for its crappy conditions due to a really old oiling machine...somehow though backends were strong n oil was perfect :roll: ........neways i was layin it down bout 20 with the breakpoint bein the 5 board...threw a perfect shot...out to 5 n came rollin back to the pocket...dead flush only to leave a solid 7-9 split... :shock: ..it was a perfect flush pocket shot,,not even high n those 2 pins ddnt even nudje... :x

I hate to do it, but during league I proved you wrong Kezza. My perfect pockets made perfect strikes!!! :p Low pockets made ok-ish strikes, whilst high on the headpin made shaky sortta strikes or just somethin that was easy 2 spare...but what I did find was going Brooklyn often nearly left me a nine pin...Ive learnt, just hit the pocket...lol

Yes i know Jen after monday night skins i think i proved myself wrong. & im happy to admit that. but i was mainly talking about during state, & on a tuesday night when i bowl doubles.
The conditions where alot different on monday night, then they where at state or on tuesday nights, so i think it mainly depends on the conditions, & the carry of the pins.

L8er.

The poor lad is right handed, no more bowling balls for young antony, strictly Tenis or golf from now on!

G

I Hated The Conditions For State. :evil: :changes: They Were Hard For Anyone Because There Was So Many Oily And Dry Patches Everywhere That It Made It Hard To Find A Good Enough Line( there was only a few people bowling good, and one of them was Alissa Huk). :infinity: :p Last Night In Legneds, I Had So Many Weird Pin Carry Shots. One I Can Remember Was The 3-7. One second they're standing up, the next they just fall over. :wink: :Fade-col: :fadein:

NSW State conditions

Sorry rowan but I have to disagree with you, the conditions for NSW state were fine and there were many different lines being played and a lot of them worked. After averaging 210 over 36 games for the weekend I am not complaining, the main problem I had was when the oil carried down as there was so much of it which made me think about what I had to do. (Like you would have noticed in classic cup) The centre laid down the condition very well as it made people think about what they were doing. :D

Yeh Rowan mate, the condition for state was fine, even if a condition is hard, it still isn't a bad condition!!

Strikezone's house shot is pretty easy any almost anyone can average 200 on it. The shot put down for state had a little more oil volume and there was less bounce area on the gutters which mean you couldn't let the ball out to far. Like Mikel said, you had to think about what you were doing.

The lanes were by no means hard, there were people scoring playing deep and people playing outside, I wouldn't say I bowled to good but I was still over the card for the weekend. You said only a few people bowled good, There were 30 odd records broken in total, Steve Reynolds averaged 224 for all events and the top half of both masters cuts was pretty big for state.

Strikezone is built for big games mate, a walled up shot (easy shot to to the pocket) is just going to make it easier for us.

I for once and I know its not just me want a tougher shot laid down week in week out, us juniors bowl on this easy shot 90% of the time and then go out to bowl on 3:1 shots etc and have a bit of a hard time. Practise hard win easy, sure bowling big scores is nice but trust me its a lot better earning them on a shot you know you had to work at.

Sorry about the wandering posts but its all kind of related.

Later

Your right. But when i first started, my ball snapped like crazy( and i was bowling out wide ). The reason i thought it was tricky was that every lane was different coz one lane couldn't stop getting revs, and the one next to it would have none. That was my problem all day, actually. I watched a lot of the lefty's bowling, and they were having the same problem. I didn't see very many lefty's bowling good. Right handers loved the conditions. But it always changes. You gottta love that about bowling, coz the more it changes, the more prepared you get. Taz has got me working on heaps of differnet shots to get me prepared for other lanes. I need a few more shots coz i can't always throw my ball out. The number of times at roll-offs that i threw my ball out wide and went threw the 4-7-8 was huge! #-o #-o #-o :oops: :oops: :oops: By the way, i'll have to add hat 3-7 pin carry strike to the weird pin carry list!
Cya!

Back
Top Bottom