The passing of Pat Brook

Lorraine Punton

Tenpin bowling mourns the passing of one of our great ambassadors.
Patricia Brook passed away early this morning after a long battle with illness.
She will be remembered as a stalwart supporter of Rachuig and in particular the Victorian Team. Her passion for bowling was unsurpassed.
She will dearly missed.
R.I.P Pat

Very sad loss for bowling gave so much of her time for our sport and will always be in our hearts,BINGO eyes down.
R.I.P

Darrell and Chris Holt.

Nicely said Lorraine - in my view Pat was one of the great leaders of bowling in Victoria. Each state and territory has had their own version of Pat of course - bowling has been very fortunate in that regard - how many like her are around now however I have no idea - very few I suspect.

Pat of course was instrumental in the formation of the Vic 150 Tournament and as you say she served Rachuig and President Shield for many years driving, as only Pat could, essential fund raising - but more of course Pat set down disciplined procedures and good people management on whatever committee she was part of [and there were plenty] - I mean who in their right mind would argue with her!

Pat owned negotiating skills that were largely like no other - and having negotiated business deals in over fifty countries I can say without fear of contradiction - that negotiating with Pat Brook [when determined to get her way] was as tough a process as anyone could cut.

She ALWAYS won - and right down to the last as I understand it. Pat was given medical advice a little while back that she would not last to Christmas - well of course she discarded that nonsense out of hand - determined as ever she would see Christmas AND 2011. Of course she got her way.

Who would have bet against it!?

Dearly missed - she most certainly will be Lorraine.

Steve Jones

I had the honour of knowing Pat for many years. Her passion and dedication to bowling was unparalleled.

RIP Pat.

Sorry to hear this sad news. My condolences to the Brook family. My thoughts are with you. Who can ever forget the mighty Munsters League?

Peter Wills

My condolences to the Brook family.

From all here in the Bendigo's, Brooks Family

If we only had more people like Pat, burning with enthusiasm for the game we all love.

RIp Pat..

Very sad news indeed. A great lady sadly missed around the bowling circles. My thoughts are with her family.
Cheers Lovey

Thank you to all the people who attended mum's funeral.
I was overwhelmed with the response from the "old bowlers " who attended.
It was great to catch up with you again.
Thank you once again for your support and the respect you gave our family.

Allison

Back
Top Bottom