TENPIN BOWLING SHOW TO START TUESDAY

I have been informed by C31 Melbourne, that the Tenpin Bowling Show is to start Tuesday night at 10.30pm, and shown weekly plus repeats for anyone missing out.
Simply tune to TV Community Channel C31 Melbourne on UHF (just above SBS), and check local on line guides for broadcast times.
At present the show has local bowlers and / or centre staff matches, but due to the overwhelming support for the show, that will soon change.
Future shows will have player profiles, interviews, information about events, experts sharing their knowledge, and coaches giving lessons on everything from how to deal with difficult oil patterns to the psychology of the sport.
I have been approached by tournament organisers in both Victoria and Queensland to see about including their tournaments in the show, and also offering support as well as sponsorship.
The show has been running on Television in Adelaide for the past 20 weeks, and has enjoyed amazing sucess. Bowlers can't stop talking about it!
The major sponsor for the show is AMF, but is soon to be joined by a string of sponsors including major bowling equipment distributors, and well known infulential people, who all want bowling promoted in this country.
DVD's have been despatched to all Community TV Stations in Australia, in an attempt to go National with the show.
Please pass the word along about the show.
Even for you to call your community TV station and let them know how you feel about having a Tenpin show on TV does make a big difference.
The end result will be Community TV audiances grow and support from sponsors increase, Bowling gets a welcome boost in media attention, people will see some of our very tallented bowlers on TV, all of the bowling centres increase their income, more people join leagues and enter tournaments, experts get to have their say, the list goes on and on with everyone coming out a winner!
Well thats enought for now. Just enjoy the show with the best yet to come.

Kind regards,
Tony Drexel
Tenpin Bowling Show. :TVsurf:

WOW
This is a major step forward for ten pin bowling
Hopefully will lift the profile of the sport a bit in the eyes of the public (well its a start anyway)
Maybe C31 should distribute posters and flyer's to the Centres to promote the show

Hello Neville,
Thanks for the reply.
I have placed posters in nearly all of the Bowling centres in this state, but sounds like a good idea of yours to do the same in and around Melbourne.
Tomorrow I will contact the regional Manger for AMF, Lloyd (who is in full support of the show), and see if he would like to distribute the posters out if I print them for him. Last night received a email from Jason Belmonte at present in Korea offering to help in any way he can, and in the future I will try to get an exclusive interview with him.

Have a great day,
Tony Drexel.
Tenpin Bowling Show.

Melbourne and Geelong viewers - don't forget the Tenpin Bowling Show starts tonight (Tuesday) at 10.30.
The show will be repeated 3pm on Thursday, but the airing time of the repeat show is subject to change.
The first and second broadcasts are staff matches between three AMF bowling centres.
Points are awarded as: 1st place 6 points, 2nd place 5 points etc, with the last place receiving 1 point. The points from the players of both matches are then combined to determine the winning AMF centre.
For the 1st match, representing WOODVILLE is Nathan, NORWOOD has BEN, and THE VILLAGE Mathew.
The second match on next weeks show has Brenton for THE VILLAGE, Scott for NORWOOD and Isaac for WOODVILLE.
Support for the show is pouring in from all corners of the country, even Jason Belmonte!
Coverage of some of the countries major tournaments is definitely getting closer.:thumbup:
Tony Drexel
Tenpin Bowling Show
[email protected]
Ph 0414 885 982

Hi Sarah,
The tv guide is not correct as C31 was originally going to run the show next season, but when the viewed the quality of the production decided to air it almost immediately.
Hope you enjoy the show tonight!

Melbourne and Geelong viewers

And some other parts of Vic
I live around 2 hours east of Melbourne and am on the side of a hill so get c31quite well (just a pity its not digital yet)
(Two wheel torque is a fav)

So viewers outside the Melbourne Geelong metro area try to tune in you may be able to receive the channel

Hey guys,

Just wanted to pass on some positive feedback for Tony and the Tenpin bowling Show..

The initiative is awesome, and I managed to watch a few of the DVD's last night. Very professional presentation, editing and production. Watching Brenton Davy smack a 7-9 from a pocket hit was worth the entire telecast ;) The commentators paying out some bowlers is also quite good. When Bobba is bowling, and commentating, and paying himself out on "unconventional sparing techniques" it adds some humour to those that know the story :D

As this idea grows, it will bring more sponsors and bowlers to the sport, and it will be a credit to those involved with its production.

Now if only there was a way to add some attractive Victorian bowlers to the shows instead of those far less attractive South Australian bowlers, now *that* would be an improvement!

Great work Tony!

This is one show i am definitely looking forward to watching.
If the show continues to run it would be good to see some local content and perhaps even some interstate matches and/or coverage of major adult and youth tournaments.
If there is anything that bowling centers can do to help promote the show (i work at AMF Keon Park) please let us know. I for one will do anything i can to help find a way to increase public awareness.
Cheers
Brendan

Bobba would never pay himself out, those commentators you hear can’t possibly be bowling as well, because they are too busy doing live commentating.

Does that sound about right Bobba?

Bobba would never pay himself out, those commentators you hear can’t possibly be bowling as well, because they are too busy doing live commentating.
Does that sound about right Bobba?

Does the name Bobba and sounds about right ever go together in the same sentence??

On a more topical note we hope that people will enjoy the show and that this is to be a step in the direction of greater good for tenpin bowling.

Cheers for now,
Bobba

P.s Tonx can't handle how sexy we are compared to him Brenton especially with that wonderful new ball i'm throwing;)

Would someone in Melbourne who watched the Tenpin Bowling Show at 10.30 tonight (Tuesday) on C31, please reply, as I want to know how it was.
Thanks & much appreciated,
Tony Drexel
The Tenpin Bowling Show.
:TVsurf:

only caught the last 2 frames, but it enjoyed those.

The editting was good, as the bowlers approach was showed, then the shot down the lane, and some close ups of the pin mixes.

Loved the small digital camera set up in front of the ball return, showing the shot down the lane. Showed the lefties ball roll fantistically.

Had to laugh though, when l saw the mechanic walking the capping in the background, as he cleaned the gutters out.

Thanks for the reply Lance,
I have tried many different camera angles in my pursuit for improvement, the lane cam being my favorite.
Some bowlers like the long shot from side on zooming down the lane, others like the pin cam to see the pins flying around bumping into each other.
I would hope to not see any mechanics during a tourament, but I will say they do a fantastic job that goes on without recognition until something breaks and they are expected to fix it by snapping their fingers! I feel sorry for them sometimes. Anyway, glad you enjoyed the show. Its all going to get better.

Tony Drexel
Tenpin Bowling Show.

Would someone in Melbourne who watched the Tenpin Bowling Show at 10.30 tonight (Tuesday) on C31, please reply, as I want to know how it was.
Thanks & much appreciated,
Tony Drexel
The Tenpin Bowling Show.
:TVsurf:

I tripped over the show while channel surfing....
Some good camera angles Not a bad show ....
The presenters doing the call were not flash but gave good discriptions of each shot ....They need to speak with a little more up beat voices & not so much one tone ...I am sure they will get better as time goes on...

A good start & time will tell if the show will be successful.Goodluck with it & I will be watching next week.

Regards Mick.

P.S Brenton your no oil painting....BLAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

Really good show! Managed to catch it from the first frame onwards. As Lance said, the editing was really good and I was impressed with the number of camera angles that you had too. The commentary got better and better as the game went on. And even the non bowling person that I watched the show with found Brenton's technical segment interesting.

I can't wait for you guys to get an opportunity to shoot one of the big tournaments! On the feedback side of things, on a smaller tv I found it hard to keep track of and read the scores, but maybe i should just get a decent tv!

Great work, and I can't wait to watch next week!

And even the non bowling person that I watched the show with found Brenton's technical segment interesting.

Thats nice to know. I tried to keep it informative without going too technical so as not to turn off the novice or layman, but technical enough for the more advanced player. We have done a series of tips segments in the show which we hope are informative for all levels of bowlers.

The show last night was enjoyable. The bowling was of a high standard and the commentary was informative enough without being overly technical for any novices watching.
Brenton's tips segment was informative and provided a nice break during the middle of the show.

The camera angles were good and i especially liked the shots of the pin deck, including those in slow motion, i think they really added to the broadcast.

The one thing that i think let the show down was the complete lack of atmosphere to the match. It just looked like 3 guys out for a practice game, and a couple of them looked like they were rushing through it because they had somewhere better to be.
It would be nice for future matches to have some kind of crowd around who actually seem to care about the outcome of the games. I think it would make for more compelling viewing.

Please take these comments in the way they are intended, as constructive criticism.
It will be really interesting to see where this show can go from here.
This show has the potential to have major impact on bowling in Australia.
Keep up the good work Tony.

Back
Top Bottom