TBAQ announce new Rachuig Format

As I read that, you're going to conduct two trials, take the top 10 of each into one pool.
From that pool, select 7 into "Queensland" and another 7 into "Invitational", the remaining six being reserves.

This will actually allow you to mix your bowlers and have a much truer 'Queensland'

Not that I have to live with it, but I think that's a good move. Nice thinking!

I think it will work great as long as the people who select the team look at the perfomance of the bowlers not if you like them or not. If we can find selectors that can do this I think Queensland is on the right track.
Well done tbaq.

Good one, TBAQ - some forward thinking and it will not matter who selects or who is selected, there will always be flak ..... team spirit should be the winner.

Flower

big thumbs up to TBAQ i think this is a big step in the right direction for qld rachuig.

Although I don't like the idea of Selection I commend the TBAQ on an innovative solution to determine this states Rachuig team. Certainly reduces the impact of the geographical divide and still requires bowlers to earn their spots.

Looks like a great step forward.... i Agree with Mary no matter who is selected for whatever team the selectors will always cop the flak as peoples opinions will always vary. I think the is definately a great move towards getting Qld's strongest team again, along with trying to reduce the cost of having bowlers travel just for the roll off. Well done TBAQ!

Sorry to bump this up the list, though I must have missed it the first time.

Can I just get an answer to whether Jeff's post on how this is going to work is correct or not?

I read it differently, but the way I read it just does not make sense, so I am assuming Jeff's interpretation is correct.

Cheers, Rhyss.

Rhyss - Jeff has interpreted it correctly.

To clarify reserves, if someone from the Q1 team (the State Team) drops out then someone from Q2 (The Invitational Team) team will move up.

Is there going to be a Queensland & Invitational team next year.

The talk at the nationals this year was the Invitational team was getting scrapped & there would only be 1 Queensland team next year.

Had something to do with ASC & funding.

Probably just another runmor.

I dont think Queensland will be the only team going along these lines as I posted 2-3 weeks ago:-

If you look at the Rachuig rules.

Rule 7. (c) i. relates to 1st 7 past the post.
Rule 7. (c) ii. relates to 1st 5 bowlers automatic plus 2 selection.

Rule 7. (c) iii. states:-

"A State/Territory/Zone committee may choose to select there team from participants in 1 or a number of events held in their State/Territory/Zone. In that case the State/Territory/Zone committee must determine the number of members to be automatically placed and the number to be selected. The State/Territory/Zone committee must ensure adequate notification is made if selecting this option."

Does this rule mean a State/Territory/Zone committee can choose to select all 7 bowlers.

Seems logical if all states adopted the same selection criteria as this to select there teams & fielded there best bowlers through selecting all 7, I dont see what extra advantage you would have over the other states. All States have better bowlers sitting at home during Rachuig.

The new format looks great.

Only one problem the roll off dates are too early.

My uni schedule wont be out in time for roll offs so I wont know if I will be able to bowl Rachuig.

Jacinta

Awaiting confirmation that the NQ roll off dates are also correct........

Waiting...............

Waiting................

Still Waiting............

:confused::confused:

Steve there is a minor problem involving the the NQ dates and the preferred centre for the roll-off.
Gordon is handling this right now.

Back
Top Bottom