TBAQ announce new Rachuig Format

Fitz,
If the Status Quo had remained here is what would have played out in my mind anyhow..

The Queensland Team would have been decided by 7 past the post with Roll offs
somewhere in Brisbane. Most probably at Mt Gravatt?

The Invitational Team would have been selected in North Queensland, and as we
have found out, with a roll off at Burdekin and a roll off at Innisfail, most
probably 7 past the post as well based on previous years.

The issue with this is that QLD is NEVER putting on the Field its Best Team… (Excluding the Dream Team Debate Completely) We are always compromising our position.

The Other key Issue is the TBA have made it clear to TBAQ that the Queensland Team MUST be our Primary Team and our selection/roll off process must reflect our efforts to meet this criteria. While in juniors and Seniors TBA allows a dedicated North and South QLD position in Rachuig this is no longer the Case.

The Goal of the Current format is to get the BEST 7 regardless of geographic location into the Queensland team. I truly believe as per your post Fitzy that this format will see some break down of the NQ/SQ thing. I can assure you there is a lot to be learnt from bowling with guys from NQ as I am sure they can learn a heap from bowling with perhaps more players from down our way.

It is interesting If you look at the Averages this year and Take the Top 7 Men and Women from Invitational and from Queensland you don’t have to be a Rocket scientist to work out that the current system is hurting Queensland. I think all so, just having read over the NQ Rachuig By Laws that there is still some confusion as to the fact that there has not been a North Queensland Rachuig Team for Two Year now. A point that I think is still misunderstood.

Hope this Helps.

To Steve Hunt, Rob Buckley and Geoff Ott

I am sorry to have enraged you guys at the thought of what I wrote in the earlier posts. I would like to thank you for your courageous efforts in fighting to keep the second team in QLD. I have grown up through the junior ranks idolising you guys for your passion for the sport and it would appear you all haven't let us down.

The first I heard of this whole debacle was late yesterday afternoon when Angelo rang me, practically foaming at the mouth (and rightly so) You have to understand how it "looked" from our perspective, from being excited about hosting Roll-Off, to being told that we were losing Roll-Off and it was decided at a meeting by TBAQ. Originally I was told that TBAQ changed the location because they wanted a centre with Synthetics and a Kegel (obviously I got a little upset as I have spent a lot of money to achieve this very combination)

Please accept my sincerest apology to the three of you. I was only going off information that apparently Gordon Little had conveyed to Angelo, and in turn to me from a telephone conversation. In hindsight, I should have rung the three of you and got your take on the matter.

Whilst the location of the roll-off pales into insignificance compared to losing a second team, it was still an omition, albeit accidental due to the stress in the fight for our team, that had consequences.

Steve, Rob and Geoff please accept this apology

I was one of those people on the bus and at the dinner voicing my opinion and I am very appreciative at the fact that, that voice was heard. We are just as passionate about our bowling and representing at State level as our sourthern counterparts and could not have asked for 2 better people to attend the meeting than Steve and Robbie. Steve and Robbie are two of the most passionate and proud NORTH QUEENSLANDERS it is unfair to say otherwise or to imply that they had their own agendas. Spend 10 mins speaking with either of these guys and you will understand their dedication and commitment not only to North Queensland but to the sport of Ten Pin bowling. Also having Morty at the meeting giving us a third voice was also great (he did a lot of listening on the long trips too and from the bowl). So I personally would like to THANK these guys for going out of their way to be the voice of NORTH QUEENSLAND.

The new selection procedure I feel is a great one and fair to both ends of the state. What a team we could have a mixture of both North and South - both bring different elements to the team. BUT the one thing I am sure that both ends of the state is in agreeance with is the passion to win RACHUIG.

Just a note on Roll-off venues - and this wont be popular with some - living on the Tablelands and bowling in Cairns and understanding that travel is a huge part of my sport, I think that the roll-offs should be held in a venue that is fair to those who have to travel - Cairns to Mackay and vice versa is a long drive (8 hours) and then to perform at your best is a tough ask. As I said I know that this will not be the popular view.

Leanne

To Steve, Geoff, Robbie and Morty. Without what you guys have put your hand up to do without being a part of the NQ commitee the whole of NQ owes you guys a debt of gratatude, for without your support we would only be fielding one team for Rachuig which I think would not be representing our great state of QLD fairly. A lot of people have valid points in this argument but lets face it with no team there would have been no roll offs in NQ at all.
I think it is time The Nq comittee did something about our delegate who is uncontactable in everyway and has done nothing for NQ all year. EJ and And Angelo I can understand why you guys are miffed about the situation in regards to the revenue for the roll offs but I think we should be thanking our lucky stars that we have any representation in regards to Rachuig at all considering the opening statement of the last meeting was " There will only be one QLD team for Rachuig next year". I do find it strange that our NQ president and board members did not know anything of the meeting to discuss the Qld Rachuig status for next year I must say, But as far as hidden agenda's go for the people who put their hand up so we can have representation at our sports top level.......seriously come on people wake up, remember we should be thanking them not persecuting them. I personally think this is the best format to date that has been chosen if we can come to a peaceful resolution of the roll off venue I really think that next year QLD will field the best 2 teams they possibly can depending on of course your " cream bowlers" ( you know who you are ) Actually pluck up enough pride to represent their state in a team and not do it for individual gain.

Anyways thats my 2 cents worth.

Cheers
Shane

My last comments on this topic are to state some facts;

1. The new format for selecting the Queensland Rachuig team and the Invitational team is great, and TBAQ should be applauded for their consultative approach and their willingness to trial something totally new.

2. Queensland is a large State with a large number of very talented bowlers.

3. This isn't an NQ/SQ thing it's a Queensland thing and trying to find the best ways to select the strongest possible teams to give us the best chance of winning.

4. I know that the bowlers in North Queensland are looking forward to bowling in a team with the bowlers from South Queensland and vice a versa under a truly united Queensland banner.

5. I know that Queenslanders (all of us) are very passionate about our sport and trying to win Rachuig.

6. I know that I would sell my soul (for what it's worth :D) to win Rachuig and I know a lot of people around the State feel the same.

7. Winning isn't everything - But gee losing sucks!!!!! :D

Hopefully we can get everything ironed out, and then proceed onwards and upwards towards our goal of bringing the Rachuig trophies back to the greatest State in Australia.

Cheers

Steve

Here Here Steve:
At the end of the day it's all about unification and bowling and representing your STATE not about revenue raising for bowling centres:confused::confused:

Nice Kerrie,

At the end of the day, no revenue for bowling centres equals bowling centres shutting their doors.

I am all for the new process, I have never once bagged the new criteria.

I see it from both a bowlers point of view and a proprietors point of view.

Thanks everyone for all the input.

As promised TBAQ will very shortly be appointing a Rachuig co-ordinator who will be responsible for the overall organisation of both teams, Q1 and Q2.

The co-ordinator will not be involved in team selection or for that matter the appointment of selectors.

The Board anticipates finalising this appointment within the next day or so.

Frank
All I am trying to say is that centres should not be relying on just Rachuig rolloffs for revenue as they only happen once a year I'd be quite happy to bowl in the Burdekin for a rolloff

Thanks for clarifying Kerrie,

Unfortunatley Angelo and I both feel that not many NQ bowlers would like to bowl in the Burdekin for Roll off's.

For some reason not many people like bowling in our centre

Fitz,
If the Status Quo had remained here is what would have played out in my mind anyhow..

Thanks Morty, thought I must have been missing something. As said earlier though, I think this is a great step forward for Queensland bowling and can't wait to see how the new format pans out - with QLD wining Rachuig would be nice ;-)

Good luck to all Queenslanders that will make up both teams!

Cheers,

Rhyss.

It is so easy to sit in a bus or talk at Dinner and voice your opinion. It is understandable that not everyone has the time or personality that allows them to act on the outcomes of these conversations but everyone that was at those conversations should put their hand up now and say this has to stop we asked Rob and Steve to voice our ideas and they did, support them now like they supported you at the board meeting. If you don’t then I did not really learn anything about being a North Queenslander……[/QUOTE]

To Steve, Robbie and Morty
thanks for all the support you guys have shown.
E-J - it takes a good man to admit when they are wrong/misinformed. Well done.

Dish

What an interesting Day. Hopefully information is starting to get out and everyone is getting a little better informed regarding the changes that are taking place. There are still things to sort out and I am sure that TBAQ are in direct contact with the NQAC and hopefully they will come up with a solutions that keeps us moving in the right direction. To the guys that posted their support for Rob and Steve great effort and E-J... I echo Dish's Comment Well Done on you later post to Rob and the Guys..

Ok perhaps some people took my post the wrong way... I"ll explain it a little different.

* I'm from North Queensland originally, I have always felt NQ could field a competitive side at a Rachuig level. Having this dual roll off is good as it will combine the best bowlers from north and south ensuring the 'dream team' comes to fruitition. If there is 1 bowler or 6 bowlers from NQ in the team, its all about fielding the best possible team at Nationals, you'll get no arguements from me.

* I appreciate the work that Morty and others have done to ensure there are 2 teams for our large state.

* I pray the people selecting the team take into account National representation, National results and tournament experience.

The Dream Team is still alive

PS There is an 'International' student currently residing in Brisbane who will be rolling off for Queensland. Nothing like having a superstar in the team to boost strength :D

The Board of TBAQ wish to announce that effective immediately, Morty Douglass of Kingaroy has been appointed Rachuig Co-ordinator for the State of Queensland.

Rachuig co-ordinator MORTY! morty who? didn't you used to bowl sponsored by BURGER RINGS:) Fantastic news.

Otty

Back
Top Bottom