TBA Smoking rule

bm2

I'm still standin'
I was just curious as to how many bowlers had noticed the change in the TBA smoking rules (rule 214, and current at todays' date)........I have seen this highlighted in a few recent entry forms...

TBA accredited tournament the no smoking rule will apply. In tournaments, smoking is prohibited by ALL participants from when the FIRST ball is bowled in the event warm up until the LAST ball is bowled by the LAST competitor on that day, or in the case of a multi day event the announcement that days play has concluded.

good luck policing that one :)

Interesting............. An entrant, say in 'B' squad, driving to the event, whilst 'A' squad has commenced bowling, is prohibited from smoking. What's the penalty for breaking the rule?

Nobody has ever said it out loud before but the bowling boom of the 90s stopped when smoking was banned in the centres. An example - Mirrabooka Bowl was the first I know of to go non-smoking and whole leagues left to go to another centre. The centre closed its doors after about 6 months. I think policing it would make it a little harder for already struggling tournaments as the few smokers remaining may just walk away like the rest of the smokers. This is my observation, I might be wrong but it would be interesting to see some data.

I think common sense should apply regardless of the rules stated, I doubt it would be policed too hard as it would be nearly impossible to do so.

A more common sense approach would be restrict it for competitors whilst bowling their allocated squads or for the entire matchplay etc.

Still beats me why the hell anyone would want to smoke in the first place, but you get that.

Jase, can we put a like button on posts coz Mick has been on fire recently and I wish to like his posts.

Jase, can we put a like button on posts coz Mick has been on fire recently and I wish to like his posts.

lol, man love from phaggy, sorry mate lol

I think the non smoking rules in society as a whole had a massive effect, but in no other sport aside from maybe Darts would it have been acceptable to smoke during competition, does bowling really want to move forward and present a certain image or not? Granted the above rule change can be interpreted as going overboard but stiff. :eek:

you dont watch golf michael & what's with the promo of brando's proshop
'

lol, sorry Pete, meant to be Brando as a distributor, have changed it just for you though ;) You need a catchy pro shop name!

how many golfers do you see out puffing away on the course during a PGA telecast? lol

and probably more to the point, aside from looks, how can smoking help with physical well being in the first place and improve general fitness levels?

I think all golfers are band from smoking because big John Daly has used up the [smoking] quota for the next 5 years! ;) :D lol

There are no rules in golf for smoking.... UNLESS it is a rule of the course.

In Brisbane, I know Royal Queensland is completely non smoking, and most other courses up there have rules as to where you can smoke. Some courses you can only smoke on the odd numbered holes, some evens... only in the rough ect... something to do with the alcohol serving policies up there.

On the US Tour, there are less people that smoke, and the TV coverage are more discrete as to what they show.... However, if you ever see a European event on TV, it is quite common. Just a different way of life.

Back
Top Bottom