TBA Ladies Team Selection Camp

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Monday 11th September July 2006 -The applications for the forthcoming Ladies Team Selection Camp as received by the High Performance Program Manager are as follows:

Narelle Baker Vic
Krystal King Qld
Petroula Kosmidis Vic
Tamika Spooner NSW
Rebecca Simpson NT
Jayde Flanagan NT
Natalie Shelley Vic
Cassie Staudinger Vic
Jessica Ryan Vic
Jenny Camilleri Vic
Carranna Morris ACT
Kerri Ann Klop SA
Sue Cassell NSW
Larissa Nastassi Qld
Maxine Nable NSW
Carol Gianotti WA
Toni Woodcock WA
Ann Maree Putney NSW
Louise Ingoe SA
Yvette Lawton Qld
Jessica Lawrence NSW

If there is someone missing who believes they have applied please contact June Voukolos [email protected] as soon as possible. All women intending to seek selection must attend the camp unless they are the Australian representative in the AMF World Cup. Further camp details will be emailed shortly.

June Voukolos
High Performance Program Manager
[email protected]

Wednesday 19th July 2006 - Tenpin Bowling Australia is taking a new direction in the area of national team selection. New criteria will be introduced that will ensure the athletes selected to represent Australia have the highest skill and fitness levels achievable when they compete at an international level.

There was a tragedy that befell our III Commonwealth Championships in Melbourne with the death of a competitor from Wales. This unfortunate and tragic occurrence drove home to me the necessity of ensuring our travelling teams are sent away in the peak of their physical condition as flying times to most international events are lengthy and very taxing on the body. We have a duty of care to all athletes to ensure we do not place them in any position that may have a negative effect on them physically. A fitness assessment of all potential international athletes is one way in which we can ensure the safety of all Australian competitors

With this in mind are some of the Ladies wasting there time?

Even if they are the best at the moment?

Gary............................:cool:

I hoping the ones that make the team are the best at what they do not thier size ....................ok

Gary.......................:cool:

You know what they say - size doesn't matter ......

I also believe that TBAL would also be placing some physical testing regime around team coached and managers - that is if the whole "duty of care" that they have is a serious concern - which I believe it is.

Maybe Alex can clarify if this will apply.

VB

With this in mind are some of the Ladies wasting there time?
Even if they are the best at the moment?
Gary............................:cool:

Oh my god!

I can't believe you just asked that question :eek:
You are either very brave or very rude?

I also can't believe you didn't make any spelling mistakes for a change! :p

Oh my god!
I can't believe you just asked that question :eek:
You are either very brave or very rude?
I also can't believe you didn't make any spelling mistakes for a change! :p
Sorry...I found a spelling mistake!
Check the word 'there'...it should have been 'their' hahaha!!

Gary is not a rude person, just a realist. And before anybody gets upset i am over weight, and if i was good enough to put the score on the board it would be bitterley dissapointing to be left out because someone deemed me a physical threat.I understand the duty of care concept but supremely fit sports people pass away in all sports from time to time.:rolleyes:

As Beau has said Gary is not a rude person and was simply expressing his desire to see equal opportunity and fairness for all, and his disagreement with "pinch tests' and the likes. I know Gary very well and can tell you he would never discriminate against anybody and would be the first to stand up for somebody who was discriminated against.

Yes it is necessary to have the fitness as one priority, yes there are female bowlers who will not attend because they will not pass the pinch or fitness tests, because it has been clearly stated that if you can't pass these tests you will not progress to the next stage, it will not matter how good you bowl or what experience you have.
There has been no asian school teams for females, no youth team for females, and promises ..... "There will be no girls team selected (World Youth)as the High Performance Team has recommended that a program be conducted in Australia to better prepare the girls youth team for 2007".
This Camp is an ideal opportunity to bring together our motivated, interested and proficient female bowlers of all age groups for some high level coaching and support...... encourage fitness, educate our bowlers. Promote the sport.

Too much big stick attitude.

And they wonder why we are having a hard time getting women to not only do well in our sport but stay in it:confused:

Frosty:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom