ATTENTION LADIES AND GIRLS

I do agree with the fact that testing in ALL areas is required to maximise the potential of creating a top national team, and that beep testing and the whole fitness component is vital, especially when looking for the elite however...
~Mrs Storm~ said:
...The results from the beep test and the skin folds test are not the only things that will determine whether the TBA think you have what it takes to represent Australia...
although these aren't the only aspects that will determine wether you are selected, they are components which have been outlined with a certain standard that must be obtained. Both fitness and retained information on the sport have standards, some of which are questioned, yet we don't state facts or create standards such as 'the bowler MUST be able to close all 'possible' frames if to be given the oppertunity to make the next camp'.

However it will be interesting to see the top athletes who have been through life events, such as having children children, and don't pass the skin fold test yet still make the cut for the top 20 when the regulations suddenly stipulate "exemption to the rule factors..."

~Mrs Storm~ said:
...The results from the beep test and the skin folds test are not the only things that will determine whether the TBA think you have what it takes to represent Australia....

I have been practicing on the skin fold test, I might add I am amazed at what you can do skin when you fold it. With the amount of skin I have to fold, I will get a degree in body origami. Once I master that I am moving on to practice the beep test.

I got an email recently about the fat c ontroller - maybe we shouldn't go there ;)

Back
Top Bottom