TBA ???? GOOD or BAD

Had 40 years of bitching Chin,
Happy to sit on the fence sometimes......plus we got you to do all the talking.............:)
Hard to get a word in sometimes............

No Fence sitting here Chin, If you haven't worked out which side on by now, there's something wrong!!

I know being a left hander you get confused easily....But really which is it:p:p

Scotty & Michael, i know where your coming from. I still believe the fairest is 1st 7 past the post.
S.A. had couple guys in the early 80's that finished 3rd & 4th in the Rachuig roll-offs when it was top 2 automatic & 5 selection. They got passed over and they took someone from outside the top 20.It's been happening for over 40 years when selection has been an issue & probably in every State.
At the end of the day everyone goes into the roll-offs knowing exactly what the situation is if you finish below the dotted line.
Is it right, probably not. If you can find any sport anywhere that doesn't involve some form of politics when selecting teams at the elite level let me know.

We had couple guys in the early 70's that finished 3rd & 4th in the Rachuig roll-offs when it was top 2 automatic & 5 selection. They got passed over and they took someone from outside the top 20.

Early 70's...really Robert...try 1983 I think........They bought Kevin Harding up from nearly 20 position. I think Rod B. finished 3rd and wasn't selected.

You will never convince me that the first 7 past the post will not be the best way..........it will always be the best way no matter what!.......you have to eliminate some of those human qualities...like favoritism....who's who, we like him....blah blah...

Knew it was the early 80's don't know why I put 70's. Think Geoff Uren was 4th also wasn't he. Agree top 6 or 7 is/was fairest for all.

Bowlers make me laugh.

Always whinging about something. Conditions too hard, conditions too easy, cheater balls destroying the sport, women getting 8 pins headstart, TBA not doing enough, AMF and bowling centres only out to line their own pockets etc etc. Whinge when something changes, whinge when nothing changes and people wonder why bowling is the way it is.

Just for your information Robbie B I was a TBA member, a silver one if i recall correctly. I had played enough games but just not in one league. it seemed like they just want me to jump through hoops. To be honest if I was trying to put the best team forward, I wouldn't stop any bowler from trying out. I would, make their membership compulsory prior to the trial but does it really matter how many games of league you bowl?. The TBA should be encouraging bowlers to try out for state representation not making it a closed show as it is now.

Mr Chin.... are you saying that people should go into the roll offs and be aware that if they don't make the automatic selection then they better hope to hell they are matey matey with the TBASA?. What a load of garbage, it should be top 6 or 7 make the team and that is final. It cuts out the bias and favoritism, and simply pointing out that other sports have this problem and thus bowling should be no different clearly tells me you don't care about changing things just as long as you get looked after.

Mr Chin.... are you saying that people should go into the roll offs and be aware that if they don't make the automatic selection then they better hope to hell they are matey matey with the TBASA?. What a load of garbage, it should be top 6 or 7 make the team and that is final. It cuts out the bias and favoritism,

I said :-

At the end of the day everyone goes into the roll-offs knowing exactly what the situation is if you finish below the dotted line.

Nowhere did I mention anything about "if they don't make the automatic selection then they better hope to hell they are matey matey with the TBASA?."
That was your Paranoid, Delusional, Schizophrenic, Conspiracy Theorist spin on it.

Also in earlier posts I have already stated that I think the 1st 6 or 7 (as it used to be) past the post is the fairest system, so i don't know where your going with that.

and simply pointing out that other sports have this problem and thus bowling should be no different clearly tells me you don't care about changing things just as long as you get looked after.

I said:-
If you can find any sport anywhere that doesn't involve some form of politics when selecting teams at the elite level let me know.

Again, nowhere did I mention "bowling should be no different".
Again, your Paranoid, Delusional, Schizophrenic, Conspiracy Theorist spin on it.

You are right on 1 point though. I don't care about changing things. If it aint broke, it don't need fixing.
Just because you have a distorted view on what is going on. It doesn't mean that there needs to be major changes to cater for the vast minority.

Sorry Chin if they are your not your word, then please explain this

and
If you can find any sport anywhere that doesn't involve some form of politics when selecting teams at the elite level let me know
I may have put a nasty spin on it but when your on the outside of this little group, this is what you see an unfair judging system based on favouritism.

you yourself even said
If you can find any sport anywhere that doesn't involve some form of politics when selecting teams at the elite level let me know
( so you know that this politics exists but you you don't care)

Really, your quiet happy to not change the system because you know that if you miss the cut you'll probably get in anyway. This is going on for way to long,
I over it, you can have your over priced Rachuig to yourself......I mean, for the amount of money you have to pay to cover trip and other expenses I would much rather spend my money and bowl tourneys where your scores and only your are what you are judged on.

you crack me up:D:D:D:D
If you can find any sport anywhere that doesn't involve some form of politics when selecting teams at the elite level let me know​

( so you know that this politics exists but you you don't care)

Yes, I did say that because (1) there are far far less politics now than there were 10-15 years ago and (2) your the one carrying on about bias, conspiracy, hidden agenda's, favoritism etc and if anyone can find any of them in any other sport.

Your Da Man

I may have put a nasty spin on it but when your on the outside of this little group, this is what you see an unfair judging system based on favouritism.

What little group are you talking about. The guys that have busted there asses off thru juniors, youth and now adult's over 10-20 years that wont lay down and let you take there spot.

Really, your quiet happy to not change the system because you know that if you miss the cut you'll probably get in anyway.

Yes Im quite happy with the current system. Best it's been in 10-15 years. I've bowled 23 Rachuig trials. Finished below the dotted line on 2 occasions. Last year tied for 4th and lost roll-off for the automatic spot and got selected from 5th and the other year finished 15th and didn't get selected. So haven't had the privilage of being selected from outside of the top 6 or 7 as it was previously.

P.S. not trying out for Rachuig this year so knock yourself out. Im sure the boys will welcome you with open arms.

Bowlers make me laugh.

Always whinging about something. Conditions too hard, conditions too easy, cheater balls destroying the sport, women getting 8 pins headstart, TBA not doing enough, AMF and bowling centres only out to line their own pockets etc etc. Whinge when something changes, whinge when nothing changes and people wonder why bowling is the way it is.

Well said
That's the most intelligent thing I read on this forum in a long time

Seeing as OP titled this thread Good or Bad, I'd like to add my .2c worth.
I just sent an update application off to Head Office and the completed credentials were returned in perfect order 2 days later.
That's pretty darn good in my book, they're doing something right when they employ staff that take such a professional attitude to their work.
I've had several queries over the past few weeks and they've always been handled swiftly, politely and efficiently.
Maybe not everythings perfect on all fronts but IMO they are working to improve the sport with what little financial resources they have.
Seems to me they often get the blame for some of the more unusual decisions made solely by State bodies.

Plain and simple you got shafted and Im guessing that it has put you off from representing your state?

This happened in 2010. It felt like a pretty shitty place to be at the time, knowing full well I was in the mix - but due to not being in the 'clique' (and I can only assume here, because I wasn't given the courtesy of a reason - but based on some pretty dicey past dealings) I was not worthy of the honour. The fact that it was the only time in the last 10 years it's happened makes it no coincidence for me.

I have heard it directly from state Rachuig reps in the past that if they had not made automatic selection, they would not make the team regardless of where they placed in pinfall. For this reason, I do believe that only one spot (if any) should be allowed for selection - under extenuating circumstances (fishing is not one of these.....).

All of that is behind me now, I haven't let that dampen my passion for this sport - I love it too much. It's still my dream to represent my state at the highest level. Maybe I wait til those at the top 'fall off the perch' - I will still have Seniors, I guess.

nomore4s said:
Bowlers make me laugh.

Always whinging about something. Conditions too hard, conditions too easy, cheater balls destroying the sport, women getting 8 pins headstart, TBA not doing enough, AMF and bowling centres only out to line their own pockets etc etc. Whinge when something changes, whinge when nothing changes and people wonder why bowling is the way it is.​
nev 25said
Well said
That's the most intelligent thing I read on this forum in a long time

Your thoughtful opinion, nev, please -----Would you expect a better Organisation / Association / Government, long term, in a situation where the membership / community, etc., were not critical / judgmental, etc., or a better Organisation / Association / Government, where they were, say, over critical?

Your thoughtful opinion, nev, please -----Would you expect a better Organisation / Association / Government, long term, in a situation where the membership / community, etc., were not critical / judgmental, etc., or a better Organisation / Association / Government, where they were, say, over critical?

HUH?????

Pretty much asking would you expect the TBA to improve in 5/10 years with members who said nothing about their performance /results or with members who were critical be it constructive or otherwise.

Pretty much asking would you expect the TBA to improve in 5/10 years with members who said nothing about their performance /results or with members who were critical be it constructive or otherwise.

Who do they Listen to
Bowlers that are saying Conditions too hard, or the bowlers that are saying conditions are too easy
or the ones who Whinge when something changes
Or the ones who whinge when nothing changes

Simple - every sport has a governing body.

Government funding and recognition is based on members.

TBA membership is declining.

Don't need to be an Einstein to work out that TBA are doing it tough.

All league bowlers become members - then have your say.

Don't complain without offering a solution or suggestion.

We all need to work together instead of leaving it to a hand full of people and then complain about them.

Liz

I have just read this entire thread, and the most intelligent piece on any of the pages was the last comment by grumpy. Yes the TBA is doing it tough like most business's in australia are doing it tough as well.
One comment i believe in is increase the TBA fares and make it COMPULSORY again, it is the only way that we are going to be able to lift bowling out of the hole it is in.

Back
Top Bottom