Tasmanian Rachuig Dates etc

Hey Mark

Just an idea, but if we were to change the dates back to the original ones (may 11/12 & 18/19) - i know these clash with ATBSO, but does it actually effect anyone this year???

I know for a fact that Cricky isn't bowling ATBSO because one of the weekends clashes with Junior Champs that he is running. The only other person I can think of is Pauline Potter - but I was told (and I may be wrong) that she was not rolling off for Rachuig this year anyway.

Going on the last couple of years rolloffs, I can't think of anyone else that it actually effects ..... no one form the ATBSO team has bothered to rolloff for Rachuig for at least 3 years (the last ones to do it would have been Mike Pope & Trevor Hyland!)

Just a thought .... maybe you could attempt to find out if anyone was intending to rolloff for both ... I realise the Tassie association don't like a dates clash when it comes to rolloffs, but maybe it is the best solution just for this year???

Last suggestion from me, maybe the state committee should set some guidelines for the setting of dates!! (ie: Rachuig dates to be set first by a due date, once this is done it is followed by ATBSO then Walter Devear setting there dates) just an idea for the future???

Later
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

The Gusman is correct, I was planning to go to Perth Cup this year and as far as I know, Dad is still paying! lol.
Also Scott, as far as I know, you are correct in thinking that ATBSO rolloffs will not effect any one that is trying out for Rachuig this year.
Another thing, Mark, maybe you can call an Association meeting so the Committee CAN actually talk about it?
icon_wink.gif
Maybe we can sort it out and then get some definite dates set down that way.
Catch all of you later.

dudes, lucky bowling isn't fun..i understand things get out of hand, things get pushed to limits but, being so close as a team is why we go so well.Making other teams, u have to travel hours just to get a training, we have a training and the night before we hit the gas together.its all about the bond. i have only made it one year but being apart of that was crazy.......Dam dude its a game, games are ment to be fun....

to GUS mate stuff the wedding just go straight to the hunny moon, on an island man the CHICKS there, dam.... forgot married
my bad

later guys ( stickman )can't draw them on hear

I just gotta reply to "Androo's" posts, I'm sorry, but I couldn't not say anything after reading those. I think Androo, you missed one central issue, regarding the dates, and that it's: not a matter of asking ONE person to choose, but a fair F@$king few!!! And Tassie's first and foremost interest should be: to present the BEST possible team, which does NOT necessarily have to include ATBSO bowlers (and very rarely does). ATSBO REALLY is not the issue. Also, the Rachuig team should not be comprised of "whoever-can-afford-the-entry-fee-and-happens-to-have-the-weekend-free", because they are not always the better bowlers. Gus's wedding will tie up many good bowlers (due to him keeping himself in fine company, lol, gusman
icon_wink.gif
), and that simple fact is demonstrative of the "team atmosphere" Tassie has and what, exactly a Rachuig team should be about. We weren't hoping to eliminate some competition, were we? Because the more competitive the roll-off, absolutely the more competitive the team.

Lisa....as I said in a previous post, they are MY opinions. People look at something one way, and other look at it from another angle. Yes, you do want the strongest team possible, don't get me wrong there, but if somebody thinks they are good enough to make the team, let them try....Now I don't care if you have a 170 average, or a 240 average, if you want to try, go for it. You have to prove yourself to be good enough to make the team. Since both centres that are being used have brand new, hi-tech combination machines, that can be programed at the flick of a few switches, why don't we use them? I mean, there is four days of bowling, why don't we have 4 very different conditions? That should make the team even stronger, because the so-called better bowlers know how to adjust, and the cream will rise to the top. Surely it can't be that hard to organise that.

Now, to another point that Kassey made, about the committee. Who the f*** is on the committee? Now I know I live down south, and we get excluded from a lot of things up there, but not once have I seen the state committee publicised. I mean to be honest, I don't even know who is on the HTBA committee, and this is from a person that worked basically 7 days a week in a bowling centre, and NEVER, EVER saw their names up ANYWHERE!!! Now what happens if somebody needs a question answered? Who do they call? I have no idea. Now I don't give two hoots of bat crap about whos fault that is. It may be one persons fault or a combination of problems. I just think all contact numbers for the STATE tenpin bowling committee should be made available to EVERY BOWLER in this state.

Just my "final" 10c worth on this subject

Right o, first of all there are no right dates for these rolloff's, so the dates will be as follow's after consultation with members of the commitee.

11th and 12th of May Hobart
18th and 19th of May Launceston

Most people would of planned for these weekends.

so this is it.....end of story
sorry if these dates cause any inconveniance

so next year it will be all good!!!

Peace

Mark Foster
icon_cool.gif

Thank god someone else said it.. I was too scared to say the dates should be changed, Cuz we all love you Gus and we wanna be at your wedding!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Yeh... Call a meeting - its gotta be a LOT better then having an arguement right here in front of the rest of Australia rite?
icon_rolleyes.gif

Finally, Thank ****!!!!!! Somebody ppl actually give a Damn. Strange tho. The Tourney Dir didn't give a **** 5 days ago. I wonder what changed????????? hmmmmm! As for the oiling machines. I might just NOT bowl so i can set the pattern at lonny to **** you all up! lol

hahaaha gee u guys are all crack ups!

i dont care when the dates are im gonna whoop all yo asses hehe

peace out biaches!

tha DJ

Back
Top Bottom