Tasmanian Rachuig Dates etc

Hi all, Just to let you know that the dates for rolloffs are:
11th and 12th of may 2002 Hobart
18th and 19th of may 2002 Launceston.

With entry fee ONLY $160, i would expect a full field of bowlers, as there is so much talent here from Hobart,L'ton and the coast.

With the talent here, this could be the year to bring the trophy back to where it belongs

Mark Foster
Tournament Director.
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

Just to let everybody that is rolling off know (if u didn't already) that MAY 25th is the date of my wedding!! So if you could pls let me know if you are coming to my wedding or bowling I would greatly appreciate it. I myself could of possibly been bowling but now who knows... I have already spoken to Mark and he said he is not changing the date again.

Hey Gus
Its only a wedding!! (please note: i am just JOKING i realise wedding is number one priority!!!!)

I mean - the odds are you'll be so far ahead you won't even NEED to bowl the second weekend!!
icon_biggrin.gif

But I wanna see you get those tight pants on and roll off!
icon_eek.gif

Seriously, what are u gonna do!!
icon_sad.gif

Hi all,

Having already spoken to Gus about this I think we really need to consider a change of date so that the weekends do not clash. The main reason being that nearly every one involved in the Rachuig roll-offs is also already committed to Hayden's wedding (which previously did not clash - ie: I am best man, Ashley is Groomsmen and basically everyone else who will be rolling off is invited to the wedding)

Not that I have personally checked, but from a brief discussion with Ashley earlier the week after the 25th is free as far as we know ... why can it simply not be changed to then?????

Thoughts please!

icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif

Hi all, the reason that i dont think that the
dates should be changed, are that most people who make the team do struggle to pay on time as it is,myself included, so with only five months to pay for ur trip, state trainings, equipment etc it doesnt leave very long!, here is a hypothetical question, we change the dates to the next weekend, and some one calls me saying that there wife is due to have baby on that date or they are getting married like hayden.....what do we do change it again??.
This date was set after a conversation with John Dobson, in which i strongly said that i did not want to change the dates, but with some interest from atbso members wanting to rolloff, so in the best interest of the team etc, and trying to get the most people to roll off!!, i wasnt told of the dates for hayden's wedding, so if there's any one who would like to take over........please do!

Regards

Mark
icon_mad.gif

I beleive the change of dates is for a valid reason. Only because ATBSO have their rolloffs at the time of the original dates, so it only makes sense to change it, because I can tell you now, they had that date first. Why should a bowler miss out on a State team rolloff, because he is rolling off for another State team?

If anyone is serious about trying to make the State team, you have to make sacrifices. I don't care how mant times you guys have made the team, the way I see it, it is a honour to make ANY team that you represent your state in.

If youcan't find time to make the rolloff, stiff, you don't make the team. The only excuse that could be a valid one, is if you are representing your state or country in that sport.

Besides...I can't bowl the week after the new date, because I have to organise my sock drawer....I had planned that for about 6 months....Is that a valid excuse?

Firstly to Mark,

1. You did know when Hayden's wedding was because I was there with you when he told us both and specifically told us to keep that date free.
2. You have already posted the dates for Rachuig sometime ago on this forum, therefore anyone who was intending on bowling would have already planned around these dates.
3. Anyone who seriously wants to make the team and intends on going away with the team will know roughly what amount of money is required for the trip, and when it is due to be paid for. Therefore use some organisational skills and start saving for your trip now - I don't know many of us who can simply pull the money out of the bank when it is required - you need to plan ahead for these things - that is unless you are not confident of making the team and need to wait and find out!
4. The proposal to change the new dates is not based on just one person who has a committment or a previous engagement. I can only think of around 5-10 bowlers - both male and female, who will be rolling off that will NOT be involved in the Hayden's wedding - you say you want to have the most amount of people try out, I can not think of any better reason for less people to turn up (because they have already made a commitment to a mate to be in or at his wedding - something you may not value as much as some of us!)
5. If you feel you can not continue with the roll that you nominated yourself for - I will happily take over that roll for you!

To Androo,

If you still think the same as before after reading this post, I may have to change my opinion of you as a sensible and reasonable person. I might sound fired up about this - and it is because I am. I want more than anything to go away with rachuig again (should I be lucky enough to make it again)But, why should I and a great majority of the other bowlers that will be rolling off be forced to decide between a mates wedding (who himself wanted to bowl Rachuig) and representing your state. I agree that if the dates had clashed originally and no one had prior knowledge of the wedding date and there were no ohter options available, then fair enough you make the decision - one or the other.

I pose a couple of questions to you; Do you want the srongest team representing your state??? Should you be able to bowl for more than one state team in the one year??? (my opinion is no, you decide which team you want to make a committment to and then stick with it - not just try out for as many as possible and then see what you come up with!!!

I don't want to offend anyone with my comments, but, we need to come up with a solution that enables us to have the strongest possible Rachuig roll-off field! Surely you don't disagree with that????

I await your 'disgruntled' replies??? and others opinions!!!

And lastly, sorry for the length of this post!!! lol
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_mad.gif

We have issues, Due to unforseen circumstances the NEW dates are as follows.

18th & 19th of May Hobart
25th & 26th of May L'ton

Kind Regards

Mark Foster.

Thanks again for consulting me with that one Mark! lol. j/k
icon_wink.gif

I will speak to you tonight about the entry forms Mr Foster
icon_biggrin.gif

Catchya.

Scott, I was just voicing my own opinion, just like you just did. Maybe because I am still fairly new to the scene, my opinions don't matter. I couldn't really care less.

Now I know I have never made a State team in this sport, because I have never tried, but to me, it just seems that this is the problem with this sport in this state. I think bowlers have it too easy. Now take that as you want it, because no matter what somebody says, there will always be someone that doesn't agree. I do not know of any sport that I have been involved with, that will change a date because of someones other commitments.

I have been involved with state teams in golf since 1995. Big deal you might say, but while the Tasmanian Golf Council has many faults (who doesn't?), they had many good points as well. Golf in this state has fewer talents than bowling has. Even though there are more golfers than bowlers, to reach the level that is required to make a state team, it is extremely high, more so than bowling as i see it. Now I know that comment will piss some people off, but as I said, I don't care, it's my opinion. The requirements to make the golf team is as follows:

1: Must play in a minimum of 6 tournaments.

2: Must play in the 5 "majors", being the Southern, Northern and North-West Championships, the Tasmanian Amateur and the Tasmanian Open.

and 3: Must be available for the State trials "NO EXEMPTIONS".

Now the way I see it, you have no choice to play in the trails, if you want to be selected in the team. Every single person involved with the State team, voted this in.

Now I know this isn't golf, but why can't we have a certain criteria for Rachuig as well? Surely it can't be that hard. Why did this work so well with golf? Easy. The events calendar is made AT LEAST one year in advance with dates. Availablity of courses is the problem, but unlike bowling, there are plently of other courses in that area that could hold a tournament. Again, that opinion probably has fired some people up.

I totally agree with you that you want the strongest team available to go away....who doesn't?? That's how teams are competitive is it not? That's why I beleive that if you make another team (ATBSO) and are good enough to make Rachuig, why should you be denied the chance? You had your opinion, I have mine.

I too don't want to offend anyone with my opinions, but you can't keep everybody happy can you? I'm sure there are some people agree with what I said, and I'm sure there are some that don't. Make up your own mind. I don't care if we have to bowl in a carpark somewhere 2 weeks before the team goes away...I'll be there.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, ">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Androo Fillups:

I totally agree with you that you want the strongest team available to go away....who doesn't?? That's how teams are competitive is it not? That's why I beleive that if you make another team (ATBSO) and are good enough to make Rachuig, why should you be denied the chance? You had your opinion, I have mine.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with the strongest team bit but why can we move the dates to please the ppl wanting to go for ATBSO aswell and not move them for other ppl who can only go for rachuig and if they can't roll off they miss out on a chance to represent their state all together so someone else can represent it for two teams
icon_confused.gif

This may appear stupid to some ppl but have ppl thought about moving ATBSO to the weekend in question and leave Rachuig where it was?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, ">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Game_On:
This may appear stupid to some ppl but have ppl thought about moving ATBSO to the weekend in question and leave Rachuig where it was?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why should ATBSO change their date, when they announced their dates first? They made their dates at the AGM, which I beleive was the 8th of December.

As there seems to be some confusion when everybody knew about my wedding date I am 99.9% sure that everybody that was at my engagement party was told by myself when i made my speech that the date was MAY 25th. And the date I said that was Novemeber 24th. (Well b4 any tourney dates were set.) So If those that atteneded can't remember me saying that, I would kindly like them to reinburse me the FREE PISS money ($1000) that they had the pleasure of drinking during the night!!! You soon learn who your friends are and are NOT. I am quite certain that some invites WILL be lost in the mail, which will leave more money out of the $20000(that Our Parents are paying out for the wedding) for everybody to get Really PISSED on. Like me at this moment. I am still getting married on that day Because WE CAN'T CHANGE THE DATE!!!! It Takes a WHOLE lot more to change a wedding date than a rachuig roll off. Believe me.

Androo,

I respect your opinion regardless of whether you have made state teams before or not. Your suggestion for how the golf works is excellent, but it will never happen in Tenpin bowling, because people are used to used to the fact that roll-offs for the state team are held over two weekends - you perform and you are in, you don't and you miss out. It would be great to set a minimum criteria that all bolwers have to bowl and then select the team from there, but with bowling in this state it is just not feasible. Not enough bowlers, not enough money for the bowlers that do regularly show up and it gets to political.

But I definately do support your comment that dates should be set more in advance ... this is hard to do because the National Tournament schedule is not always released early enough to allow this, but it should be looked at.

You understand the predicament that alot of us are in though, we have committed to be either in a wedding or attend a wedding of a good mate - who bowls, the wedding did not clash to start with, and now it has been changed so that it does - this can be fixed, but it seems that some people dont want that to happen for whatever reason???

I really thought that this team, this year would be the toughest ever to make, a real strong field with good conditions .... lets hope it still works out that way!!!!

I have now had enough to say on this topic and will leave it to the powers that be and go from there .... the person that I feel the most sorry for is hayden .... if the dates do not get changed, his wedding will be ruined through no fault of his own!!!

icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif

The dates will be changed after consultation with fellow commitee members i will let you all know on the final dates, sorry to Hayden for causing much un needed stress, as i said in previous posts it was not done delibratly.

ps Scott dont be such a ****ing smart arse!!
icon_smile.gif

Mark,

I didn't say that you did make tha change to coincide with Hayden's on purpose, I was simply pointing out that you did know the date .... but obviously you had not wriiten it down or remebered what it was!

As for the other points, I was voicing my opinion ... which just happen to be the opposite to yours it seems ... you and Androo were the ones who started making references to changing the dates for one person or silly reasons .... if you read my original post I believe I pointed out my reasons for the date change and simply asked for opinions!!

Having said all that, as I said, enough said, we will have to go with whatever you and the commitee decide!

Later!

Hi All, the dates will hopefully be the 18th and 19th of may and the 2nd and 3rd of June, please feel free to comment on these, but the final decision will be up to the committee, but i hope these dates do not clash with anything.

Take it easy

Mark Foster.

Ps scott, no probs mate.

I am Pretty sure that PERTH CUP is on that wkend which KC was planning on going as Gaz was paying for it. Plus, I will be somewhere on an island on my honeymoon. So.......... LOL

why dont we have it 3days before we go away, or hold a raffle? lol, well we will have 2 sort it out, any ideas please just post on here or call me on my mobile,

Its all good.

Mark
icon_biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom