5 Andrew Phillips 2687 191.93
6 Scott Summers 2675 191.07
7 Ashley Riley 2675 191.07
---------------------------
8 Matt Riley 2658 189.86
9 Hayden George 2654 189.57
10 Mark Foster 2652 189.43
11 Matt Dickson 2564 183.14

ok only a couple of changes from day 1 but the averages seemed to pick up slightly.

the following 14 games will be held in launceston on the 18th/19th may and the top 7 on total pinfal will determine the 2002 Rachuig Team Tasmania
icon_wink.gif

bring on launnie baby
icon_wink.gif

c yas

DJ PoonTastic

Luko

Geeeez...come on Marky Mark..be fair!!

It was closer to 600 breakdowns, and the lanes were that dry, it would make a desert look like IT was in drought.

You're lucky, you don't have to put up with the crap week in week out.....but as the staff say....THERE IS NOTHING WRONG!!!!!

stop ya bitchin boys .... so it wasn't much fun .... the format still works the same, whoever knocks over the most pins makes the team!!!

anyway it was good seeing every, see u all next week. conditions should b good ... but i bet there are still ppl carrying on after next weekend!!!

bring it on i say!!!

Later
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, ">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Graham W:
Mark Foster .. you are bowling like your mum .. pick it up son !!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No..she could have scored better....In any sense of the word!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks Graham!....yeh it was a battle, but hopefully i can pull out a big weekend (next week)....Oh yeh Androo...ya mum says Hi!!....and she said dont wait up for her!

Mark Foster

Well done to everyone on thier efforts on the weekend on what appeared to be a trying condition.

Special mention to the 3 ladies team members, Kassey, Jackie and Debbie, who combined to bowl as a pacer through the weekend.
They ended up in eigth place just five pins behind seventh.

Good luck to all for the final weekend in Launceston.

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Just want to say that the staff were extremely apologetic about the breakdowns to the tournament committee... but mentioned the negativity from the bowlers when they had tried to explain... it was beyond anyone's control and contrary to popular belief, they were doing their best.

Thanks Brett! Jack, Debbie and I did alright I must say! lol. Helped that Deb averaged 210 though.

I also have to thank Kathy and John for helping the whole weekend with running it, to Hayden for his just super program and also Gav for fixing it when somehow it went beserk (John's fault, not mine!!
icon_biggrin.gif
).

ok i know none of the staff at moonah bowl are to blame for the appauling amount of breakdowns that occured at rachuig trials but some of the staff still get right back in the faces of the bowlers when some things are queried.

ok the bowlers may have reacted in a 'negative' manner when explained the breakdowns... but what would u expect them to do after forking out money for 14 games at a high $4.55 game cost? feel bloody happy????

no i didnt think so..... plus some of the staff have told bowlers and other staff that all the bolwers do is whinge and 'mouth off' about the lanes. now what ever happened to 'the customer is always right' ? aparently the customer 'bowler' has no rights and has to be badmouthed by some of the staff because they querie some of the problems. i am 100% sure that if another centre were to open at least 90% of the bowlers would move to that centre if it upped the customer service and lane/machine/scroring quality by %25 but it probably wouldnt make any money and would go under because AMF have severely shafted the sport of tenpin bowling in the south of tasmania.

well done

On Thursday April 25th this year a group of bowlers met with an official from AMF to discuss problems with the Moonah Bowl.
Sadly, only about 10-12 people decided to take up the opportunity to "have thier say" in regard to the matter.
A number of issues were discussed.
- Breakdowns
- Inconsistant Lane Conditions
- Ageing Equipment
- Long Overdue Scoring Equipment
- Lack of Quality Coaching for Juniors
- Generally Poor Appearance of The Centre
- Expensive Game Charges
- Poor Service
And was told by them that these would be the conditions set at all times for Moonah -WRONG - Three days later....Completely the opposite. I believe this may have something to do with the lane oiling machine.
We are told by Management that we "Must not get on that internet thingy and spread bad words about Moonah".
And "If we have a problem, come and see management about the problem"
With these words floating in the back my mind I decided after the quite extraordinary conditions of last Wednesday night that instead of getting on the forum and "having a bitch and whinge" I would seek out management and make a few inquiries (nothing rude/nasty) about the previous night's malaise.
Well that was a waste of time wasn't it....It was virtually "tell it to the hand" stuff.
And more to the point some friends of management are putting the hard words on us to keep things in house.
Well I have a reputation as one of the more "volatile" characters that roam the South and as a bowler who has spent $743 just on Sanctioned games alone in this Centre from January 24-May 11 this year (That is not counting practice games, food/drink and other items of expenditure), I believe I have the right to criticise or hand out praise IF and when I see fit to do so.
I have been a customer of that centre in a financial sense since 1983 and I believe I have earned that right to do so.
Maybe when a few problems get "ironed out" - and it is NOT the general staff that I have a problem with in this regard - then players will stop criticising.
After all we are - in some respects - financial shareholders/contributers to this establishment.
And lets face it - we all care about our centre.
That's my say on the matter.
Matt Cramond

IMFEDUP,
Even though I have a fair idea of who you are, it would be nice if in this forum people stopped hiding behind aliases.

I understand I probably didn't explain myself properly in my post, so I thought I better clarify my opinion... the situation is not good in Moonah, we all know that. But the true fact is after speaking to the staff on the weekend, things ARE being done to try and improve the situation down there. Unfortunately, a few of the steps they have taken (i.e. new pins) were the cause of a lot of the problems they had on the weekend. They were doing their best to resolve the problem as quickly as they could and I just don't see what carrying on about it achieves. Don't you think the fact that there is problems is something that AMF needs to address and is not something the Staff can address themselves??? Personally, I thought, especially on Saturday, the service was great and the staff couldn't have done any more to try and rectify the situation.

I guess my point is I don't see why you need to bitch and carry about the staff when it's beyond their control.

yes the staff were very good on the weekend. and i congratulate them. but im talking about 'other' times when a particular staff member gets back in the faces of bowlers about what they say. now i know scoring at moonah is being rectifyed and the new pins have caused problems there is nothing that can be done that can fix that.. no probs there its just it gets u down when things just happen over and over again....

it seems that everytime a bowler asks about a problem it is called mouthing off (like i stated b4) do we have rights to ask? or not?
the reason we get sh**ty is because we have no other centre to bowl at and it gets soo frustrating... u wonder why our attitudes arent good? well u come and bowl at moonah for a length of time and see if you are still smiling after..... I DONT THINK SO!

ask yourself why our attitudes are below par before you question them.

we pay good money to bowl not good money to be treated like crap which im afraid that is teh feeling amongst bowlers at moonah what amf think about us.... sorry but that is MY opinion

Back
Top Bottom