Rachuig 2004

scooter

Hey Everyone,

Since the 'Best Ever' post has generated a little interest back in the Tassie Forum, although a little early I thought I would see who is considering bowling Rachuig this coming year.

I hope I'm not 'talking out of school' when I say that I believe that rolloff dates are set down for April 24/25 & May 1/2 (Hobart & Coast) (Please note that these dates are not official, I am not on the Committee - but I believe these are the dates that have been set down at this stage - confirmation will be posted in due course I presume once the committee has finalised all arrangements)

Anyway, back to the topic. With Rachuig being held in Melbourne (Forest Hill) again this year there is little reason not to try out for the team. Costings should be significantly down on previous years and from a Mens point of view, remember we came within 1 bloody point of winning Rachuig last time it was in Melbourne (2000 at Knox)

Anyway, unless something major changes I am a definate, I hope we get good numbers to the rolloffs and take the strongest team away possible to have a real good shot at it!

Post with your thoughts.[/i]

i am definately trying out for rachuig as i know this is going to be the hardest yr to make it for a long time being that it is in melbourne, plus i would love to visit forrest hill again as it was a great centre. definately count me in

Just to let u know that the dates are right, i hope to be there, well i will be there anyway as im Tournament Director but hope to be bowling.

later
jackie

Yes, dj defanition(luko) and myself will be there, after having 2 months off so far, the urge is returning, and as scott mentioned we came with in 1 point of winning in 2000, so thats enough reason i would say, hope everyone had a good chrissy..... cheers

Mark Foster

I will be somewhere there in the female ranks again.

It will be great to see what should hopefully be a huge roll off for the men again. And it will be fantastic to see some of the characters back at it... i.e. DJ!!! Looking forward to plenty of hours of entertainment from him as per usual :D

Oh and Garry, I think everyone would go into shock if you said you weren't bowling. We're not prepared to hand you over to ATBSO ranks just yet :wink:

Mark just a mention to ur post, to roll off u have to have bowled 21 or there abouts games in league by a certain date not to sure on that date. just letting u know,

later jack

Peoples, not a huge response, however it is still some time away.

Response from or on the behalf of:

Myself
Mark Foster
Andrew Phillips
Adam Lucock
Garry Crick
Jason Griggs
Matt Crammond

Other definates as far as I am aware are:
Ashley Riley
Hayden George
Matt Dickson
Aaron Franklin
Dan Bunting
Damian Crick

Then there are other who's 'status' I am not aware of:
Simon Gourlay
Paul Lucock
Steve Smith
Brett Kenley

Hope I haven't missed anyone too obvious .... but numbers are shaping up better than the last few years that's for sure (for Tassie that is) which has to be good for the overall team. If you know of anyone else or infact are that someone else that isn't mentioned, just post and we can get a better idea of numbers!

Cheers, enough of my dribble for now!

Oakley, I think (don't quote me on it) is allegedly rolling off - not sure if he still reads these forums or not.

Lucock is, I was playing pool with him tonight and, he said he was a definate.

Googsie Gourlay, I heard he was going to roll-off, but I'm not sure if he will because of that injury he has, wether he will be able to play for consecutive days on it. I want him beside me in a team DEFINATELY :D

Rodney Radcliffe was talking about doing it, but after talking with him tonight, he said he'll be sticking to ATBSO - but you never know with Roddy :D He knows he's still good enough to play at that level.

I tried to convince Norm "Legend" Green into rolling off, but he feels that his game is not up to standard at the moment (even though we rolled a 6-game set each tonight and he beat me 1202-1201 on a difficult condition) with his old gear, despite having only rolled about 6 games in 4-5 years :lol:
He says he can't afford to buy new gear, and roll off and travel, and doesn't want the commitment - a pity really I reckon he'd be a very valuable aquisition to our side.

That's about the state of play in this neck of the woods there Scoot - over to you :D

scooter said:
Hope I haven't missed anyone too obvious ....

No, no one too obvious Scott - only the entire female division! LOL.

And Matt, maybe you could extend your list to include the southern girls that look like bowling too.

Just playing. All good boys :lol:

K-C said:
And Matt, maybe you could extend your list to include the southern girls that look like bowling too.

Hi Kace, yeah ummmm :-k I don't know of any Southern women that actually are going for Rachuig at this stage - maybe Nana, and that's about it, I'm afraid.

I don't know if June will, I'll ask her at the Clubrooms on Saturday night, at my Aunty's 50th.

Don't know about Amy Huxley wether she's all that interested in the tournament scene anymore - plays hockey a lot these days.

I dunno wether Anne-Louise or Allison are interested, Al might be more of a show than Looey at rolling-off.

Leave it with me anyway Kace, I'll do some digging and see what I can find out.

PS: Happy 18th Birthday to Stacey Dare for today by the way :bday: \:D/

PPS: Who's M.I.A {rkn}?

Good point KC.

Attention all female bowlers in Tassie. Anyone interested in bowling Rachuig, please forward your entry & money to the Tournament Director - you will then be required to turn up to the first official Womens practice, otherwise known as the MENS Rolloff!

Happy Kace?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just an update for peoples, now that we are a little closer to the actual roll-offs:

Peolpe that are definates (as far as I have been informed):

Myself
Garry Crick
Hayden George
Steve Smith
Dan Bunting
Damian Crick
Ashley Riley
Brett Kenley
Adam Reeve?
Joel Reeve?
Matt Dickson
Matt Crammond
Paul Lucock
Jason Griggs
Aaron Franklin
Andrew Phillips

Other that may be likely but not confirmed:
Simon Gourlay
Paul Oakley
Adam Lucock
Mark Foster

Shaping up to be a strong Roll-Off, something we haven't had for a couple of years. Looking forward to it. Specially with the implied improvement with Devonport's conditions (not convinced till I bowl on it).

Presuming Devonport is on the improve (at least until Roll-offs). Burnie is normally pretty good & with Hobart's recent Resurface, the top 7 cut for the team could be quite high. Last time Roll-offs were a combo of Dport-Burnie & Hobart*2, 7th ave was 207 from memory, maybe 205 (I know cos it was me! :lol: ) And Dport conditions were poor to say the least that year.

PS: Matty &/or Androo ...... Update on the resurface??? Positive I hope.

Cheers

scooter said:
PS: Matty &/or Androo ...... Update on the resurface??? Positive I hope.

The first 8 Lanes were re-opened to the public last Friday afternoon.
They looked unbelievably good, I had a roll on them before I started work on Saturday morning (4:30am) - Very little oil on them :?
I stood 17, threw it to 10 and left the 1-3-6-8 (with a 14lb houseball) :eek: :D
Also a LOT of sawdust about, all over the lanes etc.

When I finished work on Saturday morning, Lanes 9-16 had been cordoned off.
I have no idea at the moment as to what the progress is, until I go into the bowl at 3am tomorrow morning.
I'll get my chance to throw a real 3-game set on the new lanes hopefully tonight in Sponsors League.
I'll let you know how it goes, hopefully I don't leave 70-odd 10-pins like I have in the 15 games I've bowled this year...LOL

BTW too Scooter, I don't think Googs is rolling off for Rachuig, I have heard that Denis Eastley might be - don't know yet.
I hope to be rolling off, my back is still giving me some trouble, so it's a wait and see type scenario at present - but I definately want too. :wink:

Cheers :D

Lanes are about as good as they will ever get. The ball actually skids now ;)

1-16 are now finished, with 17-24 opening on Saturday as far as I know.

A lot of boards, arrows and dots were replaced in the lanes, and I must say Doug, Terry and John know what they're doing. Thanks for everything guys.

Sunset league were the first to bowl on the "new" lanes, and while using a weakly drilled Sling Blade, at warp speed with 1 finger in the ball, I shot a nice 454 series :lol:. To say the backends were big, is an understatement.

Back
Top Bottom