Crick & Riley achieve milestones at Rachuig

Tassie Rachuig Stalwarts Garry Crick and Ashley Riley were rewarded for number of game milestones at the annual dinner on Saturday night.

Garry recieved a special award for breaking the all time number of games for a male at Rachuig. He passed the previous record of 350 games, held by Fred Allsopp, when he bowled his 17th game on Saturday. Garry now stands at 352 games. He has bowled 21 Rachuigs dating back to 1976. He also had an excellent tournament finishing with a 209 average.

Ashley was awarded a plaque for bowling 300 games at Rachuig. He would be one of the youngest, if not the youngest bowler to do so. Ashley has bowled 16 events in a row since his first in Sydney in 1989. He topped of this achievement by once again making the all-stars for the top 5 averages in Rachuig finishing with a 224.

The mens team also had a great tournament just getting pipped for 3rd place in the last game. A creditable 4th placing with the 3rd highest pinfall.

I am sure some of the guys that were there will give some more details of these events.

Well done Garry, Ash and the entire team, we are very proud of your achievements.

:D :D :D

Yes Congrats to both Garry and Ash, having the privlage to travel with these guys on a couple of rachuig's....it is certainly worth the cash.... but a great acheivemnt....this could be like Shane Warne VS Mutiah Murlithran...who will be the first to 1000...hehe :D but well done to both

see you guys at Christmas

Bruv

A huge congratulations to both Garry and Ash on their milestones, as both are awesome bowlers, true gentlemen and are a credit to themselves, their families and their State.

I would also like to sincerely thank all of the Tassie team for the wonderful hospitality they afforded me on Friday and Saturday nights. I had a really great time, and hopefully I can repay the favour next year.

Take Care Guys

Funky Chicken :D :D :D

PS The party trick with the sausage was simply amazing :D :D :D

Congratulations to Garry for bringing up the games record, and to Ashley for notching up his 300th game also.

Garry's 21 Rachuig's is that the most ever by an individual player now? I remember once upon a time, many moons ago Doreen Dockery and Geoff Vince held the record years participated and they were close to that.

And Ashley's 16 straight is an awesome achievement as well.
Well done and congratulations to both of you.

Matt,

Doreen bowled 19 years, Geoff 19 years, Ruth Guerster 23 years. Not sure if this is the most.

I got this info fron the TBA site, they have a new section with the details of every bowler who has bowled Rachuig.

To Garry and Ash,

Thanks for making my 2nd Rachuig something to remember.

It is an honour to be bowling with you guys :)

Brett Riley said:
Matt,

Doreen bowled 19 years, Geoff 19 years, Ruth Guerster 23 years. Not sure if this is the most.

I got this info fron the TBA site, they have a new section with the details of every bowler who has bowled Rachuig.

Thanks for the heads-up on that Brett, I'll be sure to have a good look at it.

Cheers :wink:

Congratulations again Garry & Ash, great effort.

To everyone from the Tassie team Thankyou, havn't experienced such team unity before.
Anyone who thinks twice about putting in for draft, I can garrantee this TEAM is fantastic.
Not only did I make some great friends, they treated me with so much respect.
Maybe one day number 92 will get to bowl with you again :)

Sorry if I offended anyone with my party trick :oops: amazing what alcohol can do.

Lisa G

Ruth Guerster & Marie Bush 23 years in Rachuig

Ursula Ramsay 21 years in Rachuig

Lisa, feel free to throw off in your own rolloffs. I'm sure we could happily accomodate you and Mary anytime.

As far as the party trick.... I think the only person that didn't like it was Jack..... The guys didn't mind ;)

Thankyou from my heart,

If there ever was an award for the most outstanding Rachuig team Tassie would win hands down :rainbow1: I love you guys sooooo much I have never enjoyed any bowling event as much as I did this year being a part of your team, even though my own performance this year was quite ordinary to say the least you made me feel like part of the family, we had our ups and downs but like any good team we rose above them, you are an amazing lot of people and I'm going to miss you all heaps :cry:
Thankyou for giving me the opportunity to bowl with you.

Gary and Ash simply amazing you guy's what an achievement a true display of passion and dedication to this game we all love so much you guys are legends =D> =D> =D>

Kace, Jack, ali, Annie , Janet and of course Lisa going to miss each and everyone of you till we meet again please keep in touch thanx you guys xoxoxoxo

Gary i will never tell you!!! :roll:

Love you all Doddzy

It has been an honour to be part of teams with Ash and Garry and to be there when they achieved these milestones is something I won't forget. Congratulations again to both of you and ditto to everything that has been said about the both of you on here. Couldn't happen to two nicer guys and neither of you get half the credit which you deserve.

Lisa, we can only hope that one day no. 92 makes a return. It was wonderful getting to know you and having you with us as part of the team and the same goes for Mary. Looking forward to catching up with you again and as Mary said, please keep in touch.

Funky - I am sure your visits to our hotel were a very interesting experience to say the least - mostly thanks to Lisa! :lol:

Thanks to everyone involved in the Tassie team (and of course to all my mainland friends too) for the memories.

Well what a trip that was a blast.
To EVERYONE in the Tassie team i would like to say a big thanks for this being my first trip with you all it was something i will never forget. I have never had so much fun (or drank so much) in 10 days then i did with you lot.
To be apart of a team like this was something amazing and if anyone ever gets a chance like i did it is well worth it.
To Ash and Garry as was said in an earlier post you are both legends and congrats on your milestones.
To Mary and Lisa you girls rock. I dont think we could have found anyone better to join our team as you 2.
This trip will only make me work harder on my game just to be with you all again next year.
Thanks everyone i had a ball.

Just like to echo the thoughts of everyone, especially to the old bugger gazza, since i haven't spoken to him yet. great effort. i hope that if i make a come back in the next few years that you are still bowling - we may let you 'transfer' to ATBSO eventually when your about 60.

No words need to be said about Ash. Everyone knows enough about him anyway, and I've already congratulated him so we will leave that there!

Lastly, congrats to the guys on a super effort just missing out on that elusive medal that they have started handing out since the year after we finished second (conspiracy i reckon!).

Sorry I couldn't be there to watch, support and drink with you guys as planned.

Catch up with you all soon I hope.

Thanks very much to Brett and everyone who has replied to this thread.

This year was an amazing experience not only because of the milestones that were achieved but also because of the way the Mens team fought out the last 3 games in an effort to win a medal. Under enormous pressure and with the opposing sides throwing strikes from everywhere, the guys dug deep to average 219 only to miss a medal by 1 point. It was an outstanding effort by the whole team and was undoubtedly the highlight of the trip for me.

Congratulations to Ash on joining the exclusive 300 club and showing us all that he is back to his best by the making the All Star Team for the 4th time.

Well done to Jackie on her best Rachuig performance and the repeat of her performance from Brett & Debbie's wedding at the dinner - cried through the whole wedding ceremony and the award presentations :cry: :cry: :cry:

To Lisa & Mary, thank you very much for joining us this year. You both made a lasting impression on all of us and we will welcome back anytime.

Mary - NEVER SAY NEVER. I HAVE WAYS AND MEANS OF MAKING PEOPLE TALK AND I WILL FIND OUT :wink:

Congrat to Garry, i couldnt think of a nicer person to make such an acheivement, u have so much dediaction in this sport!!! not just with bowling it, also with being a coach! Well done to you to Ash Riley. Tassie did a good job! Congrats.

i understand how the drafts feel bowling with the tassie team as i bowled for the tassie Jnr team this year, You tasmanians are a great bunch of people. Congrats to you all!!!

Krystal

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Back
Top Bottom