TAS GP 3RD EVENT MAY CHANGE VENUE.

GUS

I am not going to get into a biatch fight over negative attitudes b/w Northern and Southern Bowlers as raised in a previous topic, BUT as at todays date (May 4th) the Launceston Doubles Skins has only 7 entries from the South.

Now in the 1st event at Moonah, 1/2 the field (14) were Hobart Bowlers. Where are they for this event???

As always, the Northern bowlers are prepared to Travel down South, BUT, the Southern Bowlers DON'T Return the Favour!!!!

THEREFORE, I will make this perfectly clear to all Bowlers;

IF THE LAUNCESTON SKINS DOES NOT ATTRACT A MINIMUM OF 12 BOWLERS FROM HOBART, THE 3RD EVENT WILL BE MOVED TO THE NORTH OF THE STATE!!!!

When the GP Circuit was first devised, it was thought that AMF would be Sponsoring the whole series and that 2 Events would have to be staged in each AMF Centre. Well, this is no longer the case as only the first 2 events are sponsored, therefore the other 2 can be changed at my discretion. I think this is fair if the Majority of consistant Tournament bowlers statewide are from the North of the State.

Now, this is a Negative for Tasmanian Bowling as a whole, and it isn't being caused by bowlers in the North!

So if you feel hard done by, Take a good look in your own back yard b4 you fly off the handle, and try and get more entries for the Skins.

what is the third gp event? I know there is a post here some where saying what they all are but i am blind and also hobartian :p and cant find it lol.

I dont want to eb treading on any ones toes here, I am not trying to cause any fights but I am just simply going to give an answer to gus' question about where are all the southern bowlers from the moonah classic?

well most of the southern bowlers were all those who regularly bowl in your tournements. but there were a handful that have either come out of bowling retirement or just started to come back to tournement bowling. and these people supported that event cause it was more financially available to them as opposed to a weekend in lonnie. plus with the atbso roll offs having just gone alot of those bowlers are resting from three hard weekends or bowling. so what I am saying is you had alot more southern bowlers in the mc cause they were able to afford that tournement. alot of them said if they had the money that they would support the skins just the fact of not haing money and also time off from work makes it hard

please dont take offense to this i am only answering your question gus, this isnt a dig at any one at all

Back
Top Bottom