Sunshine Grand Prix - Possible Squads

Sunshine Grand Prix

Here is the latest squad lists. Still plenty of places in all squads. Come on everyone lets support this event. If we dont, AMF may not be able to run these events in future, due to lack of interest.

I am sure that in the next few days we will see a rush for places.

With the lanes being freshly oiled for the 10:00am sqaud, and re-oiled for the 4pm sqaud. Plenty of chances for the fresh stuff, and something in between.

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone would be intersted in bowling a squad Friday Afternoon / Night.
I have spoken to the bowl and they have said they have lanes available.

Let me know if you can bowl it would be great as I have to work Sat morning

Thanks

Narelle Baker

Thanks Greg.

I can be contacted on 0419570395 6pm would be fine
I will double check with the bowl tomorrow

Narelle Baker

Hi Lance,

Could you please move me to the 10am squad and the 12pm squad.

I hope the numbers pickup as it was based on 200 qualifying attempts.

Thanks Andrew

Hi All,

Thankyou to Greg Brooks we will be bowling at 6pm Friday night.
If anyone else would like to bowl we will be there.
The lanes are booked and they will be oiled(not that this should matter)

Narelle Baker

Hi everyone, this is a post I did this morning answering a few questions, just added a bit more this afternoon.

First of all, the advertised prizefund is based on 200 attempts, however we will still be going ahead with the final and paying out whatever comes in as per flyer.

Let me say a few things about this tournament.

When I put together this format, I tried hard to satisfy many areas.

1. Reduced the entry fee to make it affordable.

2. Gave you a chance to retry qualifying if you missed out the first time, which you don't get a chance in other regular tournaments.

3. Gave the opportunity for bowlers above a 180 average to have a go and put together 5 good games.

4. I figured with so many high games being bowled throughout Melbourne and Victoria at the moment, that there would be an abundance of high average bowlers looking for a place to showcase their skills!!

5. I gave everyone below a 189 average that can verify their average an extra 8 pins per game start.

6. I created a format which would depend on the support of the bowlers themselves, rather than expecting a good natured sponsor to outlay a few thousand dollars to help out bowlers that probably would not support them or their business.

7. Whilst I cannot do much about lane conditions, most of you bowl on drier conditions anyway most of the time.

I could go on and on, but to be blunt, this tournament is for you, and we couldn't have made it easier for you.

Poor Lance is busting himself trying to get support as is a few others that post as well.

As I have already mentioned to Lance, maybe all we need is for a few serious bowlers to get together once a month, put up some money and bowl pot games, then go and have a BBQ somewhere.

I hope this tournament gets some support, and I will be there to greet the successful ones on Sunday at 9.00 sharp for check-in.

Regards,
Patrick Birtig

bworld said:
As I have already mentioned to Lance, maybe all we need is for a few serious bowlers to get together once a month, put up some money and bowl pot games, then go and have a BBQ somewhere.

Thats the Idea of the century! im gunna start a poll!

Latest squad lists.

Changes and additions have been made.

Lets get the entries up. Where are all the bowlers that keep saying Victoria needs something.

For all those people who say l wont bowl because Trotts is, that is a poor reason. The man is beatable if you believe in yourself, and the last l heard he was unable to make ot due to work.

We need to support these events, if you wish to keep them.

If you dont like the format, say so. The price say so. But say something, as these events are for you the bowlers. If no one says anything then what can we do. People keep saying where are the tournaments, and yet the entries are not coming in.

Please prove me wrong, and turn out in force on Friday & Saturday, to attempt to qualify.

Thank you to all the bowlers that have entered.

No Lance,thank you for all that you are doing for us in Victoria. We appreciate the sacrifice,time and effort that you put in this to make this successful.If people can't see this..they should not complain about not having enough tournament in Victoria. This time it is affordable !! Nomore excuses.You are a Champion mate. Keep up the good work :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom