Sunshine Grand Prix - Possible Squads

xpense

retired
A few bowlers have mentioned that they would like to know times they can bowl at Sunshine to qualify for the latest event in the Grand Prix Series.

You can qualify at anytime if you have another person qualifying with you, but l was thinking of booking some lanes for Saturday 25th March.

I would like to get some people together, and we all have a go. Effectivily a series of squads. I would think that if Sunshine has the lanes available, we could book 8 lanes, 4 to a pair. That would give us 16 people per squad.

Sunshine has the following squads available
Sunday 19th March 9:30am
Tuesday 21st March 8:30pm
Sunday 25th March 10:00 am

Lets add to that another couple of times. With 4 to a pair, it should take approx 1hr 40 mins to bowl. so if we hold sqauds at the following times.

Saturday 25th March 2006
12:00 pm
2:00 pm
4:00 pm

If you could please leave your selections on here, for what sqauds you would like to bowl in, l will then contact AMF Sunshine and try to book lanes for these times. This is a great way to ensure we are not mixed in with birthday parties & social play, if we can get a series of lanes together.

This all depends on Sunshine having lanes for me to book, and you the bowlers saying yes l will bowl at that time. If more than 16 bowlers nominate for the sqaud that is fine, l will just try and book more lanes.

I would hope to book the lanes in the next couple of days if people show enough interest in this.

I will put up a listing of the names for those wishing to bowl in any of these extra times

We may even be able to ask for the lanes to be re-oiled prior to the 4:00 pm sqaud.

Qualifying is also open until 11:00pm, l have been told on the Saturday evening.

Hey Lance,

Alan, Myself, Lisa Notman, Christian Gaylor & Paul Bast will be there for the 2pm Squad.
And if needed the 4pm squad as well, just as a back up...

Thanks,
Jenny

Great New everyone,

Craig from Sunshine has confirmed the lane booking for these possible squads.

Unfortunately, they are unable to re-oil for us during the day. This means the lanes will get drier as the day goes on.

Get in early to reserve you place in these squads.

Score are high already, with several bowlers averaging over 200.

I will post a list shortly.

REgards
Lance

Hi guys,

Can you please remove mine, Jenny and Paul Bast's names from saturday's list as the lanes will be too dry by the time we are able to bowl.

Alan Notman

Hey Alan,

Is it just the 3 of you to remove. Are you guys going to have ago at an earlier squad run by the centre? Hope you get the chance too.

Are Lisa & Christian still bowling the 2pm squad?

Here is a very early squad list.

I have not got the names of people bowling in the 10am squad. I will see if l can get these from Sunshine, for everyone to see.

Sunshine Grand Prix Squads

Hello Everyone,

Please find attached an updated list of bowlers.

With the great news of Sunshine re-oiling after the 2pm squad, this means we will have nice fresh conditions for the 4pm squad.

Keep those entries coming.

9 bowlers played last weekend...7 more this weekend....
Crap format or what?

Buttsie said:
9 bowlers played last weekend...7 more this weekend....
Crap format or what?

Charlie,

Perhaps you should run a tournament, if you think you know a better format?

I would have loved to bowl in it, but there are too many other things on this weekend, for me to be available. The format is a fantastic idea. Its not the formats fault if people don't want to bowl.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom