Storms Belmo shoots an increcible set to lead the US Open

Yep; Shannon is with Roto Grip now and Kelly Kulick is with Storm! :)
My two favourite bowlers bowling with my favourite brand. LOVE IT!!

Well done to Belmo for finishing on top, now continue it into the finals!
Carol finished 39th and Nat finished 57th

My two favourite bowlers bowling with my favourite brand. LOVE IT!!

Well done to Belmo for finishing on top, now continue it into the finals!
Carol finished 39th and Nat finished 57th

My secret love interest with Shannon Pluhowsky; now bowling with Roto Grip... What more could I ask for? :p

Interesting to see Marshall Kent in 4th.
He's a pretty decent bowler from what I hear

Tough day on the lanes today for Belmo but I am 100% positive he will bounce back tomorrow and blitz the field agian.

Kelly Kulick is now on top for the woman!

Its a Storm whitewash, top 6 in the guys all throwing Storm and Roto

Most using Marvel S, Hyroad pearls and Freakin Frantics

Anyone watching match play round 3 at the moment?

Belmo not having too much fun. Avg 187 for first 4 games.

C'mon belmo give it them.

Not a fan of step ladder finals. Top seed gets 1 game to get lined up. Wes is lined up after 3 games.

Bad luck Jason.

Ahh well back to bed.

One game final for a Major is tough. Best of three would be nice for the number 1 seed.

But still, great effort by Jason, he is still young and will get another crack to turn the tables.

Well watching the scores and the body language I'd say that Belmo was very fatigued and flat, to lead all the way and set that average over 56 something games on US open oil pattern is mentally/physical draining and he lost his smile, so that was alarms bells early on for me and I'm not a fan of the big loft and the different ball and no loft looked much better but in saying that, Wes Mallott looked Fresh(coming back from surgery on his knee and no Milwaukee swing ) and his ball reaction just looked awesome anyway Belmo will bounce back.

Well watching the scores and the body language I'd say that Belmo was very fatigued and flat, to lead all the way and set that average over 56 something games on US open oil pattern is mentally/physical draining and he lost his smile, so that was alarms bells early on for me and I'm not a fan of the big loft and the different ball and no loft looked much better but in saying that, Wes Mallott looked Fresh(coming back from surgery on his knee and no Milwaukee swing ) and his ball reaction just looked awesome anyway Belmo will bounce back.

He didnt look well to me. He looked very pale and also was sweating a fair bit. Like I know it gets hot under the lights but he just didnt look right at all.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan, but don't make excuses for Belmo. Wes was just too good on the day.
Jason will be back better for the experience. I'm sure he has gone over in his mind what he could have done differently.
He is going to make plenty of finals over the next few years and will win his share of them.

If you look at players like Kelly Kulick, & Liz Johnson to name just a few they didn't appear very fatigued and flat. These ladies played just as many games, as the men, they still looked fit and strong in their TV final.

To quote Michelle Bridges “I train 6 days a week because wearing Lycra on TV is part of my job”.

If I was on TV & fitness was part of my sporting career I think I would make sure I looked and felt great to the very end.

I could hazard a few guesses as to what was happening, but I'm not going to second guess what a guy who is that far on top of his game had going on. Wes was a class act in victory and Jason was graceful and remarkably composed in defeat. Especially in an event he wants so much. I, for one, am proud of him. And funnily enough, still very happy for him. 2 US Open runner ups to date. I'd take that on my CV!

I can think of another guy who had a big leading run like that in the Open then lost it in one game on TV. Pretty sure it happened to him more than once too. His name is Earl Anthony. He went on to do all right, so I'm thinking Jason can take that away as a bit of consolation.

Chin up Belmo! Keep up the good work.

Back
Top Bottom