Storm Master Philippines

W

wilbert

If anyone is interested, Storm is sponsoring a tournament in the Philippines from Mar 6-14. First prize in the over division is US$20,000. First prize in the under division is US$10,000. I believe the cut for the divisions is 190 average, but not 100 percent sure. Total prize fund is US$110,000. The tournament is in a suburb of Manila. For more information contact Cecilia at [email protected].

For those people looking for equipment, the bowling center is across the street from the Storm warehouse for all of Asia.

With a revised prize fund 1st place is now about $31,000 AUS with 10th being $2500.

It's a $1300 flight and the expenses over there will be at a minimum. I think I'm the only suck from Australia attending. Anyone interested in bowling for some decent cash email me @ [email protected] and I'll give you my itenenary.

POSTCARDS FROM MANILLA:

Well Day 2 of qualifying gone and the Koreans stole the spotlight in yesterdays session. Numerous bowlers shooting scores over 700 (which on this lane condition is pretty good). I had the high game of the day with 257 until Tim arrived after after lunch and started with the front 9 only to leave a ringing 10 in the 10th for a 279. With a 6 game score to cut, 1200 is 48th but it is expected with todays and tomorrows bowling that will probably rise to 1310 or so. I'm sitting on 1252 which is mid field but won't last so Tim and i will be bowling after lunch today. Tim is sitting on 1330 but is destined to take the $3000 US bonus for a 300 game after starting with the front 7 on 3 seperate occasions.

The guys from Finland arrive today and Team Singapore will be camped at the bowl until most qualify as yestersday display was dissappointing. Whilst the lane condition on the TBA website shows the scores over here should be high, new pins, and oil that moves after every 8 shots has proven to be quite challenging for most (including me).

Anyway, going for a swim now. As for the website link it seems to be pretty slow so I will find out another site who is covering the event. bye for now

Well today was a bit better, even though I posted bigger scores I seem to stay in the same position. With 1307 I am in 34th with 48 going through with another full day of qualifying to come.

For those who would like to see the results I found a better link

http://www.jbowlmart.com/scores/es.htm

I think I'll need another attempt, the Internationals are starting to fire with the Japanese and some more Koreans stepping up and posting some good scores. Bye for now and Belmo, you owe me a soda..........

Back
Top Bottom