stick it to the oil companys

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN AUSTRALIA
DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF PETROL FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT
THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR
STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET
LOSS OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 22nd HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED
"STICK IT UP THEIR BEHIND" DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF PETROL THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL
TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE
WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THE GOVERNMENT TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES
IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF PETROL GOING
UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES,
TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING SUPPLIES MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE
AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE SEPTEMBER 22nd A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF AUSTRALIA "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

Interested to know how this will really work!

Ok you may not buy petrol on that day but you will still use the same amount of petrol as you normally would!! Wouldn't you???? :rolleyes:

So not buying it that day means that you will have to the next day, or the day after that!
Let’s face it, how busy will the stations be the following day or two, we will be angered by waiting in the huge lines of cars waiting to fuel up. :bad-word:

Do you really think that the Government will reduce the costs as they haven’t since the petrol prices smashed through the Dollar a liter barrier! [-X

Just my thoughts on it, and no i don't own petrol station!!! \\:D/

just give it ago jase.. yeh u may use the petrol a different day.. but if you stop their sales for one day it screws up a bit for them... so for that day the companies are paying employers at the companies loss... it gets in their head a little.. just try it see if it works ! and if it doesnt.. at least we gave it ago!

seriously...if the petrol station owners had half a brain they would pump up the prices for the 2 days before this day is scheduled to take place then when the day rolls around drop the prices...people will think well hey its cheap im goin for it...its human nature...everyone seeks out a good deal...but thats jus my 2 cents on the topic

Nice idea in theory but it won't work.
The petroleum companies will twist the whole thing to get thier own way eventually.
They'll jack the prices right up when everyone gets desperate and wants fuel and once again they'll win out.

What's the price where you are? Highest I've seen it here was 141.1c somewhere out in the suburbs a week or so back.
I'm showing my age a bit when I can remember the local Golden Fleece selling it for 34.7c a litre!!!

Miss hotpants

I live in Melbourne and at a place called Broadmeadows i saw it at 137.9 meaning 138 - then 10 mins up the road in Coolaroo it was 129.3 - guess where I filled up.
Prices down here have been unbeleiveable..... :p

Chantal

KriDdLe said:
just give it ago jase.. yeh u may use the petrol a different day.. but if you stop their sales for one day it screws up a bit for them... so for that day the companies are paying employers at the companies loss... it gets in their head a little.. just try it see if it works ! and if it doesnt.. at least we gave it ago!

Krystal,

I don't agree with the petrol prices but i will say this they will get us in the long run!
One day of not trading will not hurt the companys over the month!!

Now a whole week will, but hey who can hold out that long??????????

And will i be giving it a go? Probably not as i have a truck that enjoys a drink when its thirsty!!! ;)

slatergirl said:
Miss hotpants

I live in Melbourne and at a place called Broadmeadows i saw it at 137.9 meaning 138 - then 10 mins up the road in Coolaroo it was 129.3 - guess where I filled up.
Prices down here have been unbeleiveable..... :p

Chantal

yeah no kiddin i went down to Ballina a few weeks ago when the prices here were only 118 and we saw the price down there as 127 i was shocked...who can afford to own a car these days?

well fear not people, they reckon that by the end of the year, fuel will be back around the $1 mark... I honestly reckon thats bullcrap, but we'll just wait and see.

Its pretty poor nowadays when people are saying petrol is "pretty cheap" at 120c/litre. I still remember even 6 months ago when the petrol near here was at 95c -- now at the same servo its 135c. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tiger said:
What's the price where you are? Highest I've seen it here was 141.1c somewhere out in the suburbs a week or so back.
I'm showing my age a bit when I can remember the local Golden Fleece selling it for 34.7c a litre!!!

I remember, back in the "old days" when I was just a youngin :rolleyes: , that in April 1999 the price at the local Shell was 53.5 cents per litre here in Brisbane... The average price at that time was between 57 and 60 cents.

Then I worked in a petrol station in 2003/04.. October 2003 it was around 69 to 75 cents per litre. By the time I left that job in March 2004, the prices I was putting up on the board were between 79 and 91 cents per litre.. I'm pretty sure that only 3-4 months ago it was about 89-95 cents. Now here it's hit a new high of 132.9 (that's what I saw last night, filled up 300 metres down the road for 124.9).

And at last close, Oil fell by US 52.24 cents per barrel. Go and figure. Lower supply cost and higher prices at the pump.. hmm. "It was Hurricane Katrina's fault" Yeh right that's believable. Considering we refine our fuel right here in Australia, how would damage to their refineries lower our supply?

But don't worry, The Australian "Competition" and Consumer Commission is onto it...

a few of you might remember this from earlier in the year when the fuel price skyrocketed well i think its time we reviewed this.

a few said it would go down to $1 again by the end of the year, this turned out to be a load of crap.

and its predicted to get worse over the next few months so what do u think about the big oil companys ripping us off?

Bowler_X said:
a few of you might remember this from earlier in the year when the fuel price skyrocketed well i think its time we reviewed this.
a few said it would go down to $1 again by the end of the year, this turned out to be a load of crap.
and its predicted to get worse over the next few months so what do u think about the big oil companys ripping us off?

Will be interested to see what people think!

I will post my response when I get home from work...
Its funny how everyone thinks its just the companies fault! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

When this email did the rounds many months ago there was a HUGE response to it. So much so that they interviewed CEO's of the major oil and petrol companies about what impact this would have on them.

I think it was the CEO from Castrol that admitted outright that even if EVERYONE in the whole of QLD did not refuel for one day "It would have absolutely no effect on the major companies whatsoever"
It was also pointed out that the only people who would suffer would be the little aussie battler trying to run his servo at a profit. Think about the servo owners who will open their doors, recieve their daily deliveries of milk, bread, paper etc, pay their staff and no one comes into the shop for the whole day
It's very difficult dealing with huge petrol bills each week, but hey that's life and as the old saying goes "Life wasn't meant to be easy"

Just food for thought ;)

I remember when we used to go to the servo when I was about 15 (13 years ago) and Dad & Mum would spit chips cause petrol was 42 cents a litre. With prices the way they are these days we'd all think we'd won the lotto if they dropped that low...

Back
Top Bottom