STATE LEAGUE for Queensland?

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Not too sure if a lot of Queenslanders know about the State League they have in NSW but it's a real winner if you ask me. Basically, your town or centre nominate a team (6), you have monthly games, sometimes at your home centre and sometimes away. Each month you play in a singles, doubles and trios format, there are points up for grabs each month, totalling for an end of year final.

There is some money up for grabs at the end too :)

Anyone interested? I'll get more of the structure from Kevin Webb who runs it in NSW soon.

For now, Strathpine/Chermside would have a team for sure

Anyone else?

STATE TENPIN BOWLING LEAGUE RULES & REGULATIONS 2011/12

MISSION STATEMENT:

To promote the sport of Tenpin Bowling & raise awareness within each participating centre.

TEAMS:

Each participating centre will provide a team to compete in the STBL league.
The team shall comprise maximum 7 bowlers and must comply with the following rules:
1. Bowlers can only represent 1 centre.
2. Bowlers must have bowled a league at their centre for a minimum 3 months
continuous play.
3. In the event that a bowler bowls in more than one STBL centre, he/she may choose
which centre to represent if asked.
4. If a bowler is already in a STBL team and wishes to bowl for a different team
he/she must seek a transfer from the management of the centre he/she represents or
not bowl in the STBL league for a period of 12 months, after which they can bowl
for another centre, they must still comply with rule 2 above.
5. Each centre can have as many reserves as they wish but only 12 premiership
Medallions will be supplied by the STBL .additional medallions can be purchased
by the winning center.
6. New centre’s joining the league are exempt for the first season from rule 2 above.
7. An employee of the centre may represent their centre without the need to bowl
league at their centre.

CENTRE RESPONSIBILITIES:

To provide 12 lanes for competition suitably conditioned for tournament play.
Start time 9.00 am as per schedule or at a mutually agreed time.
All games MUST be bowled on the original 12 lanes, baring breakdowns.

Eg: 12 lanes for singles matches Lanes 1 to 12

6 lanes for doubles matches Lanes 1 to 6

4 lanes for team matches Lanes 1 to 4

TEAMS MUST BE BOWLED ON THE SAME LANES AS THE DOUBLES

4. Only 1 practice lane will be made available during tournament play & can only be

used by nominated reserve for a maximum period of 10 minutes.

5. Provide warm up lanes for both teams at the centres discretion.

6. Tournament organizers must be informed if dates or bowling venues are to be

changed. See below rule 7.

Dates & times can only be changed if the tournament centre cannot accommodate the league. If agreement can’t be reached then the offending centre will forfeit the premiership points.

MANAGEMENT:

Each Centre can nominate the following positions,

Team Manager, Assistant Team Manager & Coach.

It is the responsibility of team management to check all scores & assist in the running of the tournament when ever possible.
Managers are allowed in the playing area to instruct their players.
Once the team managers select the team line up it can’t be changed by the bowlers.
Managers select & nominate the 6 bowlers & reserve who will participate in each round of the tournament.

TOURNAMENT FORMAT:

1. Round 1. Six bowlers will bowl 6 games head to head changing lanes after each
match. One Point will be awarded for the win with extra 2 points awarded for the
highest team pin fall. (Total points available 38)
Round 2. Three teams of doubles will bowl 3 games changing lanes after each match. One Point will be awarded for each individual match up plus 2 points for series win.

An extra 2 points is awarded to the highest total team pinfall. (Total points Available

38) The home centre must place their bowler’s names on the screens first and allow

the visiting centre to select their match ups.

3. Round 3. Two teams of 3 bowlers will bowl 2 games. The home team shall change
lanes whilst the visiting team remains on the same lanes for their second match.
2 points will be awarded for each individual match up plus 2 points for the series
win.
An extra 2 Points is awarded to the highest combined team pinfall (Total points

available 34) The home centre must place their bowler’s names on the screens first

and allow the visiting centre to select their match ups.

4. A further 4 points will be awarded to the team with the highest combined pinfall.

TOTAL POINTS 114

5. All points will be added together and the winning team will be allocated 4 points towards Premiership table. In the case of a draw each team shall receive 2 points. The

losing team gets 0 points.

6. Bonus Point: A bonus point will be awarded if the winning team can score 80 points or more, or if the losing team can score at least 45 points. In the case of a draw, no bonus point will be awarded.

7. In the event that Premiership points are equal the points for and against will be used to determine the position on the ladder. If the points for & against are equal then total pinfall will used.

8. There will be no vacancy or blind scores allowed.

9. A reserve may be used at any time but cannot take the place of a bowler during any

single game. The bowler must finish his/her game before being replaced.

10. When a bowler has been replaced he/she may not return to the tournament until the

next round of games. Only one change is permitted for each round.

11. Only the 7 nominated bowlers are allowed inside the playing area during play. (See

also rule 3 Management)

12. In the case of an injury to a player, that player will be allowed to be replaced during

the game but the injured player may not return to that tournament being played.

No further team reserves will be allowed, the remaining 6 bowlers will be required to

complete the matches.

13. To qualify to represent a team in the finals a bowler must have participated in a least 2 rounds for that team.

TBA.

If no specific STBL rule applies then TBA rules will be used.

In the event of any misconduct by any player or official a letter should be sent to the board of the STBL NSW to lodge a formal complaint within 7 days of the said incident. The board will decide on suitable action to be taken.

FINALS:

At the end of the scheduled matches the top 4 teams will contest the final series.

Match 1: 1st plays 2nd (At 1st place home centre) with the winner progressing direct to the Grand final.

Match 2: 3rd plays 4th (At 3rd place home centre) with the winner progressing to Match 3. The loser goes out.

Match 3: Loser of match 1 plays winner of match 2 (At loser of match 1 home centre) with the winner progressing to the Grand final.

Match 4: GRAND FINAL will be played at a neutral centre to be advised.

The winner of match 1 will be considered the visiting team and as such be

allowed to select the player match ups during both doubles & team

matches and also remain on the same lanes during the team matches.

In the event of a tie during any of the finals matches 1 extra TEAM game (All 12

players) will be played on the same lanes with match points used to determine the

winners. If a tie still exists the extra match pinfall will determine the winners.

Costs

A cost to the bowler of $3.00 per game bowled will be charged.

This money will go directly into the prize fund.

This money will be collected on the day of the tournament by the home centre, who will

post a chq made out to: Bilform Pty Ltd and sent to

PO box 535X Leumeah NSW 2560.

Prize Funds

1st place Centre $1000.00

2nd place Centre $500.00

Fred Allsopp Medal Winner $250.00 Plus Medal

2nd $150.00 3rd $100.00

Points Winner $250.00 Plus Medal
2nd $150.00 3rd $100.00

1st place team(bowlers) $2600.00
2nd place team(bowlers) $1500.00
3rd place team(bowlers) $800.00

Top ave bowler from each centre to receive $300.00 each
2nd place average each centre to receive $200.00 each

NOTE
To be eligible to receive any prize monies a bowler will have to bowl at least 55 games and have competed in at least 2 away matches for the centre they represent.

Also the winner of the Fred Allsopp medal will not be eligible to win the points award but can win minor placing money.

Ron Forbes
STBL Secretary
Orange Tenpin Bowl
Email: [email protected]

It would be awesome if you could get this up & running in QLD George, it's been running for 7 years in NSW now, although we only have 6 teams, I believe there may be possibilty of some new teams in the coming years.....

It really is a great format for a travelling league, and the eleven game format in one day is a real test of mental and physical stamina, as it takes approx. 4.5hrs to complete the match....

Maybe one day, if we got a couple more states running, we might have a truly "national competition" that people would aspire to bowl in...

Hi George, I think we would be able to use this as training for our Association Challenge Teams, would have to check with our bowlers but Caboolture should be a starter.

Batesy

I'm going to draft a letter to some bowling centres this weekend. I think we would be able to field 6-8 teams quite easily in the first year resulting in just 1 round against per team, alternating from home and away games.

This is what I'm hoping for.....

Chermside/Strathpine
Caboolture
Sunshine coast
Gold Coast
Aspley
Ballina
Kingaroy
Logan

I think it would be heaps of fun and a great opportunity for league bowlers to compete at a higher level and maybe lure them into bigger and better things. Will get on to it.

Any suggestions appreciated

hey all.

i bowled for gosford in the STBL for a few years before moving up to the goldy and it is the best format for any event ever.

i would love to see this happen and will certainly be talking to the people at robina about a team for this. it is better to do by centre and not region as you will find centres will argue over who should bowl etc etc .......

but am sure robina could field a team easily without any problem.

george, PM if there is anything you need help with about this.

would be glad to help get this up and running up here.

Great idea - however, NSW - 7 years and only 6 teams !! I am sure Sth.Qld. etc. could do better - LOL. Perhaps an AMF team also and with a goal of 12 teams, I am sure the centres would give up one Sunday per year for that sort of turnout.

With a new team of enthusiastic organizers, this could be just the injection that the game needs ...... I prefer the idea of centre based teams personally as it does encourage a loyalty factor that some regional teams do not have.

Good luck
Flower

Great idea - however, NSW - 7 years and only 6 teams !! I am sure Sth.Qld. etc. could do better - LOL. Perhaps an AMF team also and with a goal of 12 teams, I am sure the centres would give up one Sunday per year for that sort of turnout.

With a new team of enthusiastic organizers, this could be just the injection that the game needs ...... I prefer the idea of centre based teams personally as it does encourage a loyalty factor that some regional teams do not have.

Good luck
Flower

We have tried to get more centres involved, AMF included. AMF made it pretty clear they didn't want to be a part of it. Though I reckon, there is still a possibility of maybe one or two more centres coming on board in the next couple of years. I believe you guys up there in QLD are pretty lucky to have as many independantly owned centres as you do.

Centre Vs Centre is really the only way this league works. It builds up rivalry between centres, and bowlers in each centre have a team they can aspire to be part of.

I hope this gets up & running in QLD, and if people like you Mary, and George are behind it, then I have no doubts it will take off up there!

Not me Amagill! - this one is for a new team of bowlers etc. to establish and they will bring new ideas to a jaded calendar in our sport.

Flower

Sorry Mary it has to be centre based. I think it will work here, we have a lot more independant operators here in QLD which is what is needed to make this viable. After some early talks I think we'll get 8 teams easy. I think the concept of competitive team bowling is a lot of fun....

Just like in most sports, what NSW can do we can do better in QLD!

In our league in NSW, to be elligible for a particular centre, you must be bowling league there. Does not mean you can't bowl leagues in various centres, but in order to represent a centre, you must be a league bowler in that centre.

I think it's fantastic George, that you've taken it upon yourself to start this up, up there in QLD! We could get the finalists/top sides from NSW & QLD to face off against you banana benders!! :D

Back
Top Bottom