Question for Queenslanders

aphelion

Vittu Perkele Saatana!
Work is sending me to sunny BrisVegas for 18 months around June.

I'll be based in the Chermside area.

Now, I have a feeling that Chermside bowl is one of those typical "We only care about social bowlers" shopping mall centres. So I am after recommendations on alleys in the surrounding area. I think that Caboolture isn't too far away?

Basically I'm after a half-decent centre that preferably has a scratch singles league, but I'm open to all suggestions.

Thanx in advance :)

Greg

There are these bowling centres in brisbane but i dont know whether there are close to chermside:
Mt Gravett
Kedron
Aspley
Greenslopes
Logan

Thats all i can think bout now but there would b heaps bowling centres around in brisbane.

I don't know where you got that idea about Chermside, it's not that bad. They have a Scratch Singles on Tuesday Nights - it's a promotion and relegation style system that lasts nine weeks.

Close to Chermside is Kedron and Aspley.

Greg

Aspley Tenpin Bowl has quality Super Singles league Tuesday nights and Haros Triples on Thursday nights. Caboolture has a top quality 5 person teams Sponsor League on Wednesday nights. Both centres would more than welcome you - great bowlers and staff at both centres. Aspley have a web site http://www.aspley10pinbowl.com.au/ where you can check what is available. Caboolture can be contacted on (07) 54956000.

Cheers

Feral

Chermside is a very good centre. Great staff and well maintained lanes. My experiences there show me the staff care for all their bowlers. League or social.

Kedron is about 5 minutes south of Chermside and on the same road. Lanes are more challenging there, but when you bowl big scores, you know you've earned them. Their Mega Bux league need more bowlers.

Milton is closer than Mt Gravatt, Logan and Greenslopes. If you like the idea of bowling in a centre where throwing high scores is easy, Milton & Caboolture are for you.

The two I would pick as the best are Aspley and Caboolture. Both centres are interested in doing the best they possibly can for the bowler. Caboolture bowl every Wednesday night allows us to practice for sometimes up to an hour, with pins, for FREE, after league. Tell me how many centres do that for their bowlers. I have never bowled league at Chermside, it may be a great centre too. I recommend looking at those two, and perhaps Chermside. I can say that the management at those centres do actually care about their bowlers and their staff too. For me that's the most important thing. But check them out and see what you think.

If you bowled at aspley you wouldnt be dissappointed. I dont bowl league there, but would if i lived closer. I reckon thats the best centre in Brisbane.

oh well just my opinion

good luck

Aphelion, having bowled at most centres, I can say Chermside is one of the best around, they have great consistent lanes and good bowlers, im not sure what their best singles or doubles league, but if you want a league with the best bowlers you can think of and the best conditions,service, and lanes

Haros Triples on thursday nights at Aspley
5 Man League Wednesday Nights at Caboolture

Have fun , and hope you enjoy Brisbane

Thanx everyone for your replies. I'll be doing some research very shortly.

It's good to hear that Chermside looks after their league bowlers, unlike certain Sydney centres that are located in shopping malls *cough*Macarthur*cough*. I assumed that they'd all think along those lines, hence my reservations.

Anyway, thanx again and keep the suggestions coming!

there are some good centres around. aspley being my top pick for were you are staying, i always like going to aspley always get treated well there. from what i no of chermside its very good there. and caboulture is always really good on leagues and service, brian and everyone else there does a good job.

luke green

Back
Top Bottom