SQ Junior Championships

Well and good but I wish that all the decision's like venue should have been done by now and the entrys out. This only will give us about a week or so to get everybody lined up. Maybe they could put it back until mid March to give everybody a biy more time to get teams done so there would be no rush. Lets hope it dosen't end up like the Brisbane Area late last year.

What makes it worse is that the Nationals are being held 3rd April to 17th April @ Werribee Superbowl (VIC). Doesn't give them much scope for date changes ... lets hope they come to a decision soon ..

On behalf of the South Queensland Junior Committee

I would firstly like to apologise for the delay in this response, unfortunately many of us have been away with the Youth Teams this last week.

We would like to advise the South Queensland Junior Championships, have been pushed back to the Sunday 14th March and Saturday 20th/ Sunday 21st of March. This will allow more sufficient time to plan and submit your entries.

The centre will be advised within 7 days from now, and entry forms will be available from Monday 25th January 2010.

Many Apologies and Thanks once again
Rachael Wingett

Unfortunately, due to a couple of complaints which have been submittted to the committee, we have unfortunately had to move the dates back to what was initially posted on the calendar. Entry Forms will be available this afternoon.

We once again apologize for any inconveniences
Rachael

The idea was great to have them in mid March. Parents and centres would have appreciated the extra time to orginize junior bowlers.
The compaint was NOT about the dates but WHERE they were being held and squad times. In the previous years entry forms would have been out before the end of January. This is sounding like a repeat of the Brisbane area in 2009!!!!!!
Paul Eustace
Aspley 10Pin bowl
Junior Guardian

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for the update, and hopefully entry forms will come out this afternoon, as there a lot of juniors who would have liked to enter their local zone championships, unfortunately due to the lateness of these entry forms being available I think there will be a lot of them who will not be able to attend, especially if they are already booked to go to Werribee. What I don't understand is why these are so late, I know from a previous post that you said it was because a lot of the organisers had been away with the youth, that is all well and good but I would have thought that the organising committee would have had everything sorted well before the Xmas period, and had their accreditation forms into TBAL, which would have given plenty of time. I do realise that you are all volunteers and that you also have a life outside of bowling, but when you put your hand up to be on a committee you have to be aware that there are certain things that need to be done in a certain time. I think there will be a lot of discussions as to how things have been done with these championships.
I hope that the forms will be out soon and that you get a reasonable amount of bowlers attending, and that at least if nothing else the committee rectifies things for next years championships.

Regards,
Beth

May I be so bold as to ask if nomination forms did get released yesterday, I can't find them, but perhaps I am looking in the wrong place. We really do need some quick smart action here, we here in Rocky try very hard to support this event but these delays are making it very hard. We also have our 2010 champion in Melbourne at the of the first date release so he has booked and paid for his flights from Melbourne to Brisbane, so we will have a pretty upset, let alone out of pocket junior if the dates do change.

Your early advice would be greatly appreciated

Lynn (Rocky)

Back
Top Bottom