Sponsored Leagues

Nev, Sponsors are interested in numbers of spectators. For a sponsor's name to be seen while people are enjoying their leisure time, imparts a positive association with the product. This increases the chance that people will seek out that product and results in increased sales and a higher standing for the product within the general community.

Bowling has a fatal flaw which results in zero excitement for spectators and therefore zero interest by sponsors.

This theory has been tested over time. In the distant past, teams and leagues sought out sponsors but because there is no excitement and no spectators, there was no value for the sponsors so they gradually departed the sport.
Unfortunately because there are no spectators (even by family and friends) there is virtually no prestige for the competitors, this is Bowling's fatal flaw which will eventually be the cause of the sport's death.....my personal opinion only
Nobody here seems overly interested in this, nor does TBA even bother to acknowledge my emails either

But if the centre keeps signage up all the time it will been seen every day. Ads on screens, signage on backing bords and etc. I am talking with to places to sponsor a league and i have offered that they signage stays up for the length of the league.

Dougy,
You are doing exceptional things, no doubt. Trouble is, exceptional effort is required due to the lack of a salable item. To me it's a no brainer that a sport which has 7 days per week, day and night presence and has such a wide ranging competitor base SHOULD be so easy to sell to a sponsor....BUT it is not. That there is the evidence that a flaw exists. (there is plenty more evidence if you care to stand back and look with an open mind about our sport.)
Signage has lost it's effect to a large degree and is rarely even taken notice of, the reason sports are being sponsored by the biggest businesses across the world is the emotional factor of association with the fan's favourite team that gives the value to the sponsor. I'm sorry to say, your efforts will not likely build a base which will increase as time goes on. You will struggle to retain sponsors because they simply will not be able to see a return for the dollars they invested. It's not your efforts that have the problem, its what you are selling

Dougy,
You are doing exceptional things, no doubt. Trouble is, exceptional effort is required due to the lack of a salable item. To me it's a no brainer that a sport which has 7 days per week, day and night presence and has such a wide ranging competitor base SHOULD be so easy to sell to a sponsor....BUT it is not. That there is the evidence that a flaw exists. (there is plenty more evidence if you care to stand back and look with an open mind about our sport.)
Signage has lost it's effect to a large degree and is rarely even taken notice of, the reason sports are being sponsored by the biggest businesses across the world is the emotional factor of association with the fan's favourite team that gives the value to the sponsor. I'm sorry to say, your efforts will not likely build a base which will increase as time goes on. You will struggle to retain sponsors because they simply will not be able to see a return for the dollars they invested. It's not your efforts that have the problem, its what you are selling

Totally understand wat u are saying mate. Thats why for one we have stated with a fone app that sponsors can have everything about thier business on there. Its all about point of difference.

Dougy,
Hope I can sit down and chat when I'm on the Coast for your Tournament. By that time I will have something put together which you may be interested in for next year's event. I think there are ways to turn the sport into a spectator sport, that would solve many of the problems which have restricted bowling becoming a recognized popular and prestigious sport. If you can make it that people want to watch it being played, you will make more people want to play it and be good at it. You also will make sponsors want to be involved and media wanting to cover it.

Dougy,
Hope I can sit down and chat when I'm on the Coast for your Tournament. By that time I will have something put together which you may be interested in for next year's event. I think there are ways to turn the sport into a spectator sport, that would solve many of the problems which have restricted bowling becoming a recognized popular and prestigious sport. If you can make it that people want to watch it being played, you will make more people want to play it and be good at it. You also will make sponsors want to be involved and media wanting to cover it.

Mate i am all ways willing to sit down with anyone to talk this kind of stuff mate. I understand that people might think im going over bord and fighting a dead horse but i just feel so passionate about the sport and i just cant sit back and do nothing. Things i might try and do may have been tryed befor, but back than might just be different now if u know wat i mean.

I am bowling on the friday night so i will be free for the weekend.

Something as simple as a letter to your local radio and tv stations that can be mentioned in the news as a side note will bring people into the centres, I heard that when the WA team won Rachuig last year, that our win was mentioned on several radio stations, its only something small that CAN generate into something big................with the right push

Totally understand wat u are saying mate. Thats why for one we have stated with a fone app that sponsors can have everything about thier business on there. Its all about point of difference.

Everybody. This is the key point to it all. "It is about creating points of difference."

In sales, marketing and promotions of any kind, you must create these differences regardless of what you item, product etc, is. With an app we have got for the GC Cup, this is 1 of many things we are doing to create these differences and lure the outside world into the sport, watch, then participate. Starting at the league level, then building up from there.

It is a multi sided cube, to use a metaphor, you build one side, then another, and so on. If you have a collective of people, like we do, with Doug leading the way with passion and enthusiasm, and a never say die attitude, and other with the same mindset, which we do here, then anything is possible, but you must give it a go.

Back
Top Bottom