Seniors Touring Party to Japan

bm2

I'm still standin'
This Saturday sees 30+ Australian Seniors Bowlers head off to Suzuka Japan to compete in the 9th Asian Seniors Games.

Those of us remaining at home would like to wish all the members of the Touring Party good luck and a great time, and we will be watching the scores with interest!

Special mention also needs to go to Lorraine - the manager with the mostest!!!:D

from TBA website:

On behalf of Tenpin Bowling Australia I would like to wish the teams representing Australia in the Asian Seniors Championships in Suzuka all the very best of bowling for the event.
This is the largest single touring party ever to leave Australia and I must again thank Lorraine McLoughlin for getting everything for this tour together.
Tenpin Bowling Australia will do everything it can to ensure that scores from Suzuka are put up on our website as close to real time as possible.

Once again, best wishes to all for a successful Asian Seniors Championships campaign.

ALEX POPOV
Chief Executive Officer - Tenpin Bowling Australia
Vice President - Asian Bowling Federation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teams
Grand Senior

Team A Doug Lenton, Gary Bernardin, Alan McKay, Fred Leverink

Team B Jim Roberts, Caspar Boerkamp, Ray Krueger, Grant Barsby

Ladies Maxine Forrest, Val Porteous, Barbara Richmond, Pearl Seet

Senior

Team A Lawrie Hill, Chris Benson, Vaughan White, JP Li

Team B Chris Kirwin, Allan Smith, Garry Crick, Paul Terry

Team C Mick May, Mike Seymour, Bob Whybrow, David Knowland

Team D Kevin Blackmore, Phil Sachs, Barry Wicks, Brian Bridges

Ladies A Susanne Jack, Christene Webster, Jenny Walsh, Brenda Kirkwood

Ladies B Ann Kirby, Kathy Smith, Sarah Knowland, Coral Howarth

for those of us at home, the results can be found at www.asbc2007.org/results.html

All the very best to everyone going to Japan.

Especially to those on their first overseas trip.

Bowl well and enjoy yourselves.

Yes best wishes to ALL, hope you perform well and bring back some "bling"
SHOULD ONE DARE COMMENT ON THE STATEMENT " LARGEST SINGLE TOURING GROUP EVER TO LEAVE AUSTRALIA" BEING A SENIORS GROUP.
GO THE GREY NOMADS !!!!!

kj

I wish you all a wonderful and successful trip - bowl well, ENJOY and please follow Jimsie (Roberts) to all the HOT eating places !!!!! The thought of some of you in the bath houses over there is a bit of a worry though.

Keep them in line, Lorraine and bring home some BLING !!

Flower

Good luck to all who are bowling. A special good luck to our local Cairns Lass - Coral Howarth.
Cheers
Bernie :) :)

All the very best for the games everyone and most of all ENJOY the experience. Good bowling and hope the pins FALL your way. Is it true that one particular QLD Senior will be wearing a kimino?:cool:

Cheers

Have a wonderful trip! Best of luck to all - bit of Gold would be nice to bring back :rimshot:

Thoughts and wishes are with you - although not there in person will be cheering on! :telletubbies:

But most of all - have fun and enjoy! XXXOOO

would like to wish all of those traveling to japan go luck and bowl especially to GARRY CRICK you go g man and show them what us tasmanians can do.

JUST REMEMBER GUYS HAVE FUN AND LET THE GOOD BALLS ROLL. :D :punk:

:groupwave::groupwave::groupwave::woot_jump::woot_jump::woot_jump:

To all those who may want to know, The seniors team made it safely to Japan, with no hassels as far as i know of. They are having troubles getting prepaid phones to call home due to a language barrier, but have pay phone near them.

Greeting from SUNNY Japan. A few notes to all, as we dont have a phone that works !!!!!

Well, we all arrived safety, some without luggage, some lost their partners, some sat in Gold lounges for the 5 hour stopover and had a few drinky poos........ (then found their partners) !!

We are all settled in. Some have been hitting the down town shops, buying phones, trying to get cash from an ATM that wont give you money, never mind being in English ! Not many speak english, but a smile goes a long way. I keep saying `goodbye`, when it should be `hello`. Yesterday spent the full day touring and shopping. Beautiful place to stay, the guys spent a lot of time `down at the race track`. Today official practice this afternoon. Beautiful sunny weather, fantastic food. Opps, Lorraine calling, the BOSS awaits for no one. cheers to all, Blenda

Back
Top Bottom