Asian Seniors Team to Manila 2009

bm2

I'm still standin'
from the TBA website:

Nomination Form

TENPIN BOWLING AUSTRALIA LIMITED SENIORS TEAMS
Australia at the 10th Asian Seniors Bowling Championships to be held in Manila in November 2009.

Information Sheet

TBA will send a maximum of 10 male and female 4 person teams to represent Australia at this significant event. Representative teams will be required to compete in Singles, Doubles and Teams events during the championships.
Eligibility:
a)
Only athletes representing a member federation of Asian Seniors Bowling Council are eligible to compete in the 10th Asian Bowling Championships
b)
Interested athletes must be a financial member of a TBA Licensed Association or Registered Bowling Centre – in good standing
c)
Must have bowled a minimum of 24 games in a TBA Accredited League
d)
Be listed in the TBA Rankings, OR have competed in the 2008 TBA Seniors National Championships OR TBA Seniors Challenge
e)
Will be required to conduct themselves in such a manner so as not to reflect discredit on TeBowling Australia Limited
f)
Bowlers must be fifty (50) years old or above for Senior Bracket, sixty (60) years old or above fora Grand Senior Bracket as of the end of the year 2008.
g)
Have sent a deposit of $150.00 to the TBA office with a completed nomination form prior to thenomination closing date.

Costs:

All nominating Bowlers are required to self fund the cost associated with travelling to and participating in this event. Expected costs include but are not limited to:
Travel, accommodation, bowling fees, uniforms, excess baggage, meals and the cost of attending the Presentation dinner.

NOMINATIONS CLOSE on the 30th of November 2008

TBA SENIORS ASIAN BOWLING CHAMPIONSHIPS
OFFICIAL NOMINATION FORM

Nominations close on the 30th of November 2008

Name:
Address:
Post Code:
TBA Registered Player No:
Date of Birth:
Home Centre:
E-mail:
***Please attach a brief resume of your bowling history and achievements***

I (insert full name) …………………………………………………………agree to accept the authority of Tenpin Bowling Australia Limited Board and it’s nominated Organising Sub-committee, and agree to abide by the Tenpin Bowling Australia Limited Code of Conduct. I understand that I am fully responsible for any/all costs incurred by me, due to my involvement in this event.
SIGNATURE OF NOMINEE _____________________________________
Date: ________________

PLEASE POST YOUR COMPLETED NOMINATION FORM AND YOUR DEPOSIT $150.00 TO THE TBA NATIONAL OFFICE BEFORE THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON THE 30TH OF NOVEMBER 2008 TO:

ATTENTION: KELLY WARREN
P.O.BOX 1518
OXENFORD QLD 4210

PLEASE NOTE: THE FINAL NUMBER OF TEAMS AUTHORISED BY TBA TO ATTEND THE EVENT WILL BE DEPENDENT ON ENTERIES RECEIVED.
2 TBA Seniors Entry Form:
Produced by GTR on the 12th of October 2008
Modified on the 15th of October 2008
Version 2

Have just noticed that TBA have posted an amended nomination form with Clause F being altered to:

Will be required to comply with the Asian Seniors Bowling Council ruling 1.2.1.1 To be eligible for the Asian Seniors Bowling Championship a bowler must be 50 years of age during the year of the championship, or ruling 1.2.1.2 To be eligible for the Grand Seniors bracket, a bowler must be 60 years of age during the year of the championship.

The way I read this is that this event is now only for those that turn 50 or 60 years of age next year.

TBA have advised me that the Clause (f) of the Nomination Form shows a direct quote from the ASBC rules that Peter Coburn sent TBA on 10/3/06, however, the competition is open to those bowlers over the nominated ages

Ian Nicholls

Attachments

• 2008-11-08_183131.gif
    2008-11-08_183131.gif
    62.2 KB · Views: 28
They actually came to TBA from Joey C. Miranda III, Secretary-General, Guam Bowling Congress.

This rule obviously needs to be changed or the selection of the teams reviewed.

Back
Top Bottom