2011 Seniors Bowling Championship Team Selection Update

bm2

I'm still standin'
Direct from TBA website:

TENPIN BOWLING AUSTRALIA LIMITED
2011 ASIAN SENIORS BOWLING CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM SELECTION

Nominations for the Australian Representatives to the 2011 Asian Seniors Bowling Championships to be held in Guam in November 2011 closed on 10th December.

TBA has received the following number of nominations in each category. The nominations have been classified as those who meet the selection criteria and others:

Category Meet the criteria Other Nominations Total required
Senior Men 17 1 16
Senior Women 9 0 16
Grand Senior Men 10 2 16
Grand Senior Women 11 3 16

As stated in the selection criteria TBA seek to send a maximum of 64 bowlers consisting of:
1. 4 teams of 4 male and 4 teams of 4 female bowlers in the seniors division (total 32)
2. 4 teams of 4 male and 4 teams of 4 female bowlers in the grand seniors division (total 32)

As can be seen from the above table, the number of bowlers who have nominated in all but the Senior men categories fall short of the total required. Therefore no further nominations for the Senior men will be accepted.

To fill the vacant positions, TBA will be considering those bowlers who have already submitted a nomination, who do not meet the selection criteria, and will also consider any other bowlers who have not nominated but now wish to do so.

It is highly desirable that bowlers who wish to fill the vacancies should have participated in at least 2 ranked senior events during 2010. Selection will be based on the bowler’s best two events in 2010. In the event that there is a tie in points for the final position the highest placed bowler on the TBA rankings for 2010 will be granted a position in the team.

These additional nominations will close at COB on Friday 14th January. Anyone wishing to submit a nomination should do so by this time. No nominations will be accepted after this time.

Eligibility requirements are as follows:
1. Bowlers must be silver level Tenpin Bowling Australia Members in 2010 and 2011.
2. To be eligible for the seniors division a bowler must be 50 years of age or above during the year of the championship i.e. 2011
3. To be eligible for the grand seniors division a bowler must be 60 years of age or above during the year of the championship i.e. 2011

Further information
1. The allocation of bowlers into specific teams will be made based on the bowlers rankings points accrued from their best 4 finishes from ranked seniors events conducted from July 2010 to June 2011.
2. Senior athletes will be required to self fund the cost of the trip including airfares, accommodation, uniforms, meals and travel insurance, with the exception of “A” team members who will be supplied with their uniform free of charge. All costs associated with the trip must be paid in full 30 days prior to the departure of the team. Failure to do so will result in the bowler forfeiting their position in the team.
3. Bowlers will be required to sign the Tenpin Bowling Australia Limited Athlete Agreement. Failure to do so will result in the bowler forfeiting their position in the team.

If further information is required please contact the National Office on (07)3262 4455 or via email at [email protected]. Alternatively please contact TBA Director and Chairman of Seniors Committee Mike Seymour at [email protected].

Please remember that the TBA National office is closed from today 17/12/10 until Tuesday 04/01/11

Good Luck to all who nominated and end up going.

I would have nominated, but didn't, couldn't justify the expense at this point in time to my young family.

Maybe next time if I'm still bowling OK.....in Australia.

Cheers

Tony

Back
Top Bottom