TBA Australian World Seniors Team Selection Criteria and Nomination form

strop

Elite Athlete
Look what I just Found.........

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Tenpin Bowling Australia Limited seeks to send a team of 8 Senior bowlers (4 male & 4 female) who are current Silver Level Tenpin Bowling Australia Members in 2013 to represent Australia at the 1st World Seniors Tenpin Bowling Championships to be held in Las Vegas from 10th – 16th August 2013.

TBA will be conducting a selection trial from 3 nationally ranked events in 2013 as the means to determine the Australian World Seniors team. The first 3 ranked tournaments for 2013 in the seniors division will lay an approved WTBA lane pattern as these tournaments will serve as the selection trials.
Eligibility: A bowler must be 50 years of age or above in the year of the championship. That means players must be born 31 December 1963 or before.
Nominations must be received in the National Office before close of business 5pm Queensland time on the 20th December 2012.

Attached is copy of the Nomination form, for those having problems accessing it on the TBA website.

Trish

Attachments

• 2013 Australian World Seniors Team Selection Criteria Nomination Form.pdf
    210.4 KB · Views: 33
Look what I just Found.........

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Tenpin Bowling Australia Limited seeks to send a team of 8 Senior bowlers (4 male & 4 female) who are current Silver Level Tenpin Bowling Australia Members in 2013 to represent Australia at the 1st World Seniors Tenpin Bowling Championships to be held in Las Vegas from 10th – 16th August 2013.

TBA will be conducting a selection trial from 3 nationally ranked events in 2013 as the means to determine the Australian World Seniors team. The first 3 ranked tournaments for 2013 in the seniors division will lay an approved WTBA lane pattern as these tournaments will serve as the selection trials.
Eligibility: A bowler must be 50 years of age or above in the year of the championship. That means players must be born 31 December 1963 or before.
Nominations must be received in the National Office before close of business 5pm Queensland time on the 20th December 2012.

HAPPY NOW

Too bad if any one new wants to bowl...all full.............

I'm always Happy Rob.........you know that!!

Answer this ,why do you have to be in a squad to rep AUS in a team but you can make a seniors team with two good results wonder how that works

Was thrown together very quickly for August 2013. The week before the Adult Worlds in Vegas and was only announced by the WTBA middle/late September I believe, It was announced at the Seniors Challenge at Rooty Hill in mid October. Suppose they have done it this way considering the short time frame they have to select a team before to go away in August. 2 years time you might find the selection criteria may be different.

Just win the first 2 events, then you don't have to turn up for the third.......or do you?

Perhaps they should of made the criteria, picking who they liked and who was in the in crowd...........crap did I say out loud...........Damm.
God I live in the past...........

Yes Robbo - it does seem some newbies had advanced notice and even got into squads before the first posting on totalbowling.

It would also be possible some people may drop out after some bad performances as well. If a 3 to 1 pattern is put down you may find some pretty low scores appearing and some drop out, especially after two events. Having full events a while out is not altogether new but I d get everyone's issues and agree.

Back
Top Bottom