Scoring pace this weekend

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Looks like the oil gods will dump a lake in the middle and allow all bowlers to hit the pocket most of the time. I'm guessing the scoring pace will be on HIGH side :coolthumb: this weekend. Nothing like a good old carry contest to see out the end of the National calendar.

I think it is a good move, let bowlers walk out on a high knowing they had a chance and all styles were catered for. Shoe up and let the strike fest begin:partytime2:

Yes could be a Belmo vs. Walshy show, oh you could figure George, if you had more hand, :D :D lol. Good luck to all competing on the weekend, bowl well.

Last time I checked Hammer I have won 8 tournaments this year alone, not to mention avg 250 for the entire weekend at the AO at another carry contest. All I'm saying is that if it's open, its anyones, not just the crankers

You should, or should I say will go well Go. If you are confident mate, should I be putting some Vbookie on you mate????

That word Cranker, I don't like it that much, I would rather big turner, or big bender.:D:D:D

If what George says it true, then maybe jase money is gone, as there are quiet a few in rest of the field who can carry really well

Having carefully studied the pattern..I tend to disagree with George's prediction.
I think scoring will be in the low to medium range with the cut being around a 208-212 average. Look for the guys who can get in real deep to dominate this one.

Can someone please link the pattern? I can only find the Youth pattern. Is it the same?

If it is, the scoring from the stronger bowlers are going to be huge. The lefties have a cushion of an oil line down 10, and if they find a small head belly, they will score all day. Over 12 games, the righties should start over 10 to 15 board depending on their rotation. The guys that can generate bounce from the track afterwards will score high. Belmonte will be playing his A game. The difference between AO and this, is its actually 40ft, not 30. Know a lefty that can carry well inside 2nd arrow?

I think 3 things will be the key to scoring.

1: The approaches are good.
2: The bowler can generate a strong break inside 8 board once it breaks down.
3: The carry down doesn't get too bad and the heads hold up for the right handers, otherwise it will be another "lets watch the lefties play the same shot all weekend" fest and Waynes prediction will hold up based on the fact right handers are using plastic balls by game 10.

Otherwise, shoe up boys, we have some carry to find.
Anyone care to predict what game Jason is going to start lofting the left capping? I'm gunna say game 8.

:D

Thanks Jase..

I'm sure if you were bowling, you would be lofting both gutters by game 3 with your manly revs and massive mantelligence. :D

I mustn't be feeling well because I agree with Tonx's description of the pattern. I expect to be playing around 10ish and on Anvilane I expect to move maybe 2 boards of the course of 2 days. It looks similar to NSW this year, just a little more open. Both Jason and I avg 230+ in Sydney, I'm expecting a similar scoring pace.

The righties will burn a track around 8-10 and this will allow the higher rotation guys to get inside and bounce it. Maybe game 8 they will be in the left gutter but there is certainly enough volume to keep them happy and in play for the day.

I don't mind this situation (very common for this country)

Lefties - don't move for the weekend and play the fresh
Righties - Tight to start but will open up the lane in a few games and run over the lefties.

A Kegel Machine and a great Anvilane lane surface, which in theory should keep things as fair as possible. I do think the accurate power players who know how to move will have a small advantage but then again, an accurate lefty who knows how to carry on a Brunswick lane surface will always give them a run for their money :D.

I hope all bowlers bowl their best and the best bowler for the weekend wins. Let the strikes begin!

Thanks Jase..
I'm sure if you were bowling, you would be lofting both gutters by game 3 with your manly revs and massive mantelligence. :D

Mate even if I was remotely interested I would be using my new style for this event…:D

Braking late and hitting the Apex early… hoping to carry it through the corners tight…;)

Best of luck to all bowling this weekend and enjoy the carry contest…:)

Mate even if I was remotely interested I would be using my new style for this event…:D
Braking late and hitting the Apex early… hoping to carry it through the corners tight…;)

We all know how well "walls" treat you using that "style" :D

:marsa37:

:stretcher:

:tooth:

Can someone give George some Panadol? His head must hurt after having to do that....

:wedgie:

Back
Top Bottom