Sad state of professional bowling

When did eating become a sport?

It is sad to see these comparisons. The only good thing, and I am looking optimistically here is that the NSW Open has a few more international coming out chasing our local event which is good for us local bowlers to watch and learn from.

Funny, looking at some of the bowlers on the pro tour, I thought the snack bar owners had already expanded their menus as the artical suggests.

It's a sad statement on the state of the professional game.

What is worse is that 35 years ago, there was very little difference in the prize money between golf, tennis and bowling. I don't know what the answer is.

I imagine thou that's just the earnings directly received from the tour, that wouldn't include any endorsements from ball company's etc or appearance fees, right?

For what it's worth - the Brunswick staff were paid between US$1500 and US$500 per day appearance money to do clinics and related activities - plus expenses of course. The standing of the staff member concerned and their level of "popularity" [demand of the market for their time] would of course determine the day rate. Has this rate changed much now - my guess would be little if at all - and if at all - probably downward.

Appearance money was common for a small number of the top stars during the heyday of the PBA Tour. Mark Roth was a huge draw card and many proprietors wanted to be sure that Mark was in the field, in order to ensure the financial success their pro-am.

Back
Top Bottom